Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CMP M1 Garand thread!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Orlando
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 1827

    If you buy a Garand from CMP it gets entered, if you sell it you log it out

    Comment

    • Baboosh
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2008
      • 6769

      Look what the receptionist brought in!









      Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
      Just a normal guy

      Comment

      • someoneeasy
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 2372

        Originally posted by Baboosh
        Look what the receptionist brought in!









        Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
        very nice, congrats! I bet it was cool to open that up at work.

        Comment

        • ccandgc
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 2142

          Ordered 4 cans of Greek HXP on 9/2, got 4 tracking numbers via email just a few minutes ago.
          -Chad

          Comment

          • TheBest
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1114

            How long does it take for DBU? My order was received on 9/6 and still no DBU...

            Comment

            • takinflight33
              Member
              • Jan 2012
              • 265

              i just recieved mt SA FG today it took about 90 days in all

              Comment

              • someoneeasy
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 2372

                Originally posted by jthesby
                Pretty! If you're pretty happy with the finish maybe use gunny paste and call it a day.
                Took your advice, I was finally able to get around to ordering some Tom's 1/3. Did the black trashbag trick. Thought I was doing it wrong at first because almost nothing came out of the stock and hand guards. Eventually I saw some seeping out of the rear hand guard. Wiped it down with a some mineral spirits and repeated a few more times, I think I got most of it out of the wood. Then I applied the Tom's 1/3 wax.

                After the first coat, it actually darkened up some, I was surprise because from what people were telling me, it was just going to make it have that "wet" look to it.

                I ended up putting a few more coats on and it darkened up just a little more. I'm going to put one more coat on there, just to see if it makes any difference and will post up pictures once I finish with the last coat.

                Comment

                • Orlando
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 1827

                  Personally I would never use Gunnys paste , wax etc. Nothing but BLO for me

                  Comment

                  • Yerman
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 1396

                    Just sent in an order for a CMP Special. Can't wait

                    Comment

                    • Kablemodem
                      Member
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 252

                      Originally posted by Yerman
                      Can't wait
                      You don't really have a choice unless you buy one somewhere else.

                      Comment

                      • hoystory
                        Member
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 322

                        Originally posted by TheBest
                        How long does it take for DBU? My order was received on 9/6 and still no DBU...
                        I sent mine in 8/31, received 9/3 and I just got the DBU today.
                        sigpic
                        Editor/Founder
                        RestrictedArms.com

                        Comment

                        • JelloSF
                          Member
                          • Mar 2013
                          • 107

                          CC just hit!
                          Order date was 7/26.
                          HRA SG

                          Comment

                          • Drabnor
                            Member
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 360

                            SA Field grade(sticky note: would also accept a Service grade SA or HRA) Just hope to have it before the end of the year...

                            order mailed: 9-18-13

                            order received: 9-26-13

                            I got a call that it is on backorder, but the backorder list is way smaller than the HRA SG so I will most likely get a SA FG. Also said they are getting quicker at shipping them out so there should not be a problem getting it by January...

                            CC hit: 10-8-13

                            wow if it ships any time soon that would be awesome!

                            Shipped: 10-11-13
                            Last edited by Drabnor; 10-11-2013, 10:31 PM.

                            Comment

                            • marksolar
                              Member
                              • Jan 2012
                              • 178

                              Yatzee

                              You gonn'a open those boxes or whistle Dixie.

                              Comment

                              • Garandimal
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2011
                                • 2145

                                Well...

                                My first CMP mail-order netted a coupla minty SA Service Grades in CMP chocolate birch for my boys. My subsequent mail-order purchases for myself, my family, and my friends have, over the last coupla years, consisted of Nine (9) Service Grades, all have been USGI walnut, original park, and good bores and muzzles.

                                ...and have netted me these Five (5) keepers.


                                I'm done.




                                GR
                                Last edited by Garandimal; 07-07-2014, 1:57 AM.


                                (I think, therefore I am armed.)


                                -- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman --

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1