Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CMP M1 Garand thread!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • andy75
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 713

    just sent my order in today

    let start the wait process

    Comment

    • Plywood
      Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 377

      Got an email from the CMP today saying they are processing orders received on Feb. 4th. My order was received on Feb. 19... getting closer

      Comment

      • morrell
        Member
        • May 2012
        • 122

        Originally posted by morrell
        Mailed order 1/26
        Got email 2/12
        Estore 4/22!
        "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
        ~Adolf Hitler, 1935 on the Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

        Comment

        • kdshooter
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 28

          Just opened up my 2 Service Grade HRAs I ordered in January.. I am so bummed. After all the hoopla, and fuss they sent me 2 rifles I wouldn't give a second look at. When i took them apart to clean the bolt assembly and the other interior parts were covered in a black watery fluid. When I pulled the Operating Springs one was rusty and broken in a dozen pieces and the other one was was covered in the filthy liquid and was rusty. One of the rifle's front sights were slayed out, I have no idea what that was about. The stocks looked like something you'd get from Century Arms. I sent them an email but haven't heard back. I don't know what else to say.

          Comment

          • Orlando
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 1827

            Originally posted by kdshooter
            Just opened up my 2 Service Grade HRAs I ordered in January.. I am so bummed. After all the hoopla, and fuss they sent me 2 rifles I wouldn't give a second look at. When i took them apart to clean the bolt assembly and the other interior parts were covered in a black watery fluid. When I pulled the Operating Springs one was rusty and broken in a dozen pieces and the other one was was covered in the filthy liquid and was rusty. One of the rifle's front sights were slayed out, I have no idea what that was about. The stocks looked like something you'd get from Century Arms. I sent them an email but haven't heard back. I don't know what else to say.
            Did you even take the time to read the grade descriptions or did you just rely on what others get???
            If you go to the CMP forum and carefully read the descriptions I bet you got exactly what you paid for.
            First thing I do on any Garand is replace all springs no matter how new they look. From the sounds of it you got USGI wood?? Most people would be thrilled to get that over commerial. You can easily sell it and make enough to buy a commercial stock and have money left over

            GRADE DESCRIPTION:

            Service Grade Rifles show less wear and better appearance than Field or Rack Grades. Good to very good condition. Rifle wear will be exhibited by worn and mixed colors of the parkerized finish. There may be some minor pitting on the metal parts. Wood will be either Walnut, Birch, Beech or other variety and will be basically sound but may have minor hairline cracks, dings, scratches and gouges. Wood may not match in color or type of wood. Wood may be of new production on Service Grade Garands. Bores will be generally good with only minor imperfections. The barrel crown may be nicked, but the muzzle will gauge "3 or less" and the throat erosion will gauge less than 5.
            Last edited by Orlando; 04-23-2013, 3:26 AM.

            Comment

            • stevie
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 3856

              Originally posted by kdshooter
              Just opened up my 2 Service Grade HRAs I ordered in January.. I am so bummed. After all the hoopla, and fuss they sent me 2 rifles I wouldn't give a second look at. When i took them apart to clean the bolt assembly and the other interior parts were covered in a black watery fluid. When I pulled the Operating Springs one was rusty and broken in a dozen pieces and the other one was was covered in the filthy liquid and was rusty. One of the rifle's front sights were slayed out, I have no idea what that was about. The stocks looked like something you'd get from Century Arms. I sent them an email but haven't heard back. I don't know what else to say.
              How about some pictures? These rifles are 60 plus years old and probably have seen battle. The "diamonds in the rough" are the exceptions to the rules. People most always post the best looking rifles and not the worst "that fit criteria" of CMP SG's.
              Last edited by stevie; 04-23-2013, 4:14 AM.

              Comment

              • Grendl
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 1657

                Originally posted by kdshooter
                The stocks looked like something you'd get from Century Arms.
                Yes, the new CMP wood is pretty, but I was a little disappointed when I opened the case and saw mine. My prior two orders were black with filth and character. The clean orange furniture reminds me of, well, furniture. Like in my mom's house. Wholly inappropriate on a rifle that may have served in two wars.

                Is the new furniture already BLO'n out? It feels like it has some finish, but very light.
                YOU NEED A GUN TRUST.

                TLCGunTrust@gmail.com
                Nothing I post here constitutes legal advice, nor can it establish an attorney/client relationship.

                Comment

                • deter
                  Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 115

                  Sent: 4/11/13
                  Received: 4/15/13
                  DBU: 4/23/13
                  E store: ?
                  Shipped: ?
                  Received: ?

                  This waiting sucks and I've barely started
                  Originally posted by Kestryll
                  5) Hey, wanna get pancakes?"

                  Comment

                  • Drabnor
                    Member
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 360

                    So I'm getting ready to order a SG HRA. Have a question, I'm mailing out my membership to M1CC today. Should I wait to get my membership card back to send in my order, or should I send the order out now without it and hope they get the confirmation by the time they get to my order?

                    Comment

                    • Paltik
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 746

                      I think by the time they process your order they will already have your name on their list from M1CC, no? So go ahead and send in your order now, with a note offering to fax the membership card when you get it (I doubt they'll require that). My order was accepted with a copy of the e-mail from crpa acknowledging my sign-up with them, but I signed up online and it looks like you're signing up via snail mail.

                      I would not recommend this for a club that doesn't provide their membership list to the CMP.

                      Comment

                      • Drabnor
                        Member
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 360

                        Originally posted by Paltik
                        I think by the time they process your order they will already have your name on their list from M1CC, no? So go ahead and send in your order now, with a note offering to fax the membership card when you get it (I doubt they'll require that). My order was accepted with a copy of the e-mail from crpa acknowledging my sign-up with them, but I signed up online and it looks like you're signing up via snail mail.

                        I would not recommend this for a club that doesn't provide their membership list to the CMP.
                        That's what I was thinking, by the time they get to my order, I would have the membership card which I could fax to them if needed.

                        The M1CC does notify the CMP(at least there is a checkbox on their membership form asking for permission to) so CMP should have the info by the time they get to the order but if not I'll be able to fax it to them. I just don't want to have the order get held up...

                        Comment

                        • gotshotgun?
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 3667

                          Good show OP

                          Comment

                          • sfm12
                            Member
                            • Sep 2011
                            • 293

                            Sent: 2/3/13
                            Received: 2/8/13
                            DBU: 2/19/13
                            E store: ?
                            Shipped: ?
                            Received: ?
                            NRA Life Member

                            Comment

                            • UndesignatedMarksman
                              Member
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 300

                              Sent: 2/13/13
                              Received: 2/19/13
                              DBU: 3/5/13
                              E store: ?
                              Shipped: ?
                              Received: ?


                              Looks like mine isn't too far behind yours, sfm12. I'll be watching for your updates with bated breath.
                              Lifetime NRA member.

                              Comment

                              • russt
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 1039

                                i ordered some hxp on 3/6 and it shipped today. i also ordered some en blocs at the same time, but they didnt ship today..??? oh well soon enough

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1