Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

which SKS is better?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Ergo the Qualmed
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 1020

    I love my Yugo. Sure, it's heavy, but to me this makes recoil nonexistent.

    The crappy cali muzzle break, while I don't think it does anything and I wish it had the old grenade launcher, IS pretty cool for the wow factor...it hurts the teeth to stand anywhere but directly behind it!

    It seems accurate; I can do as well with it offhand as I can with my Marlin .22...I used it in a CMP hipower match and scored 4th place. I'm plenty satisfied. No cycling issues either btw.

    Furthermore, despite the fact that the barrel is not chrome, i haven't had a problem. In addition, there are quite a few unissued Yugos floating around. Hell, my Big 5 Yugo, a 1970 G model, had never been issued prior to my purchasing it. So I got a brand new rifle, essentially.

    Get what you want. Personally, I think the Yugo is nice because it is plenty accurate, plenty beefy, and the muzzle break and grenade sight make it look "cooler" (IMO). I think it is underappreciated while the Russian beauties go prancing around. Too delicate
    This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

    Comment

    • #32
      PEZHEAD265
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 980

      Originally posted by Dion
      Q: Which SKS is better?
      A: The one that shoots the best.



      I only have a very limited experience with my Chinese Paratrooper, but so far, I am so incredibly impressed with it for being a milsurp rifle.
      The paratrooper is not a milsurp rifle.It may have before it was cut down but the paratrooper is a commercial rifle made and sold to the public by Norinco.

      Comment

      • #33
        tuolumnejim
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jun 2008
        • 11198

        I vote for the Ruskie, my 51' Tula performs flawlessly.
        In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
        Publius Cornelius Scipio

        Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
        ― Thomas Jefferson

        Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
        John Adams

        Comment

        • #34
          saki302
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2005
          • 7191

          I've owned many SKSs before when I used to collect them- now I'm down to just a few.

          Russians are nice for originality, you really can;t go wrong with a Russian one. Find a laminated stock one if you can.
          The best feeling of the bunch? Early Chinese production (Sino Soviet). It had the best trigger and overall feel.

          I also rather liked the Albanian one I had- it's just a little different than the rest (but I sold it- just too many of them!!).

          The Yugos also came in a non-grenade launching variant which was an identical copy of the Russian gun- the Yugo M59 (no slash no dash).

          -Dave

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1