Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

The Bubba Special

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Twoodland
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 50

    Originally posted by rojocorsa
    IDK, maybe it's just me. But as soon as I saw that thing, I knew he was joking.
    Thank you! lol

    All stripped...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Twoodland; 01-23-2011, 11:20 PM.
    -Signature-

    Comment

    • #17
      Stryfe76
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 744

      I thought he wanted to fight the Jedi with that stock.

      Comment

      • #18
        Dr. Pepper
        Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 271

        Oh my Bad, I didn't get the joke. I thought that was what you planned it to look like. Sorry, I just can't stand to see butchered milsrups like that. Not that I mind accurizing, I refinished and corked my own Mosin. And I wasn't trying to "make enemies." I apologize.
        "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed."-Dwight D. Eisenhower

        Comment

        • #19
          Twoodland
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 50

          Originally posted by Dr. Pepper
          Oh my Bad, I didn't get the joke. I thought that was what you planned it to look like. Sorry, I just can't stand to see butchered milsrups like that. Not that I mind accurizing, I refinished and corked my own Mosin. And I wasn't trying to "make enemies." I apologize.
          ahahaha it's all good man! I can't stand to see ANYTHING butchered like that. it's such bad news. lol.

          I'll have pics up later tonight after i get it all sanded n what not.
          -Signature-

          Comment

          • #20
            Dr. Pepper
            Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 271

            Originally posted by Twoodland
            ahahaha it's all good man! I can't stand to see ANYTHING butchered like that. it's such bad news. lol.

            I'll have pics up later tonight after i get it all sanded n what not.
            thanks man, I look forward to seeing them.
            "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed."-Dwight D. Eisenhower

            Comment

            • #21
              Twoodland
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 50

              I really need to get a camera. these broke d1ck cellphone pictures aint cuttin it.
              -Signature-

              Comment

              • #22
                MongooseV8
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 4426

                What color are you going to stain it?

                Comment

                • #23
                  Twoodland
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 50

                  Originally posted by MongooseV8
                  What color are you going to stain it?
                  Like this


                  Hit it with the 220gr today and it's coming out really really nicely. What crazy is i found a piece of shrapnel embedded into the stock. about the size of a grace of rice. I am leaving it there for sure. Once i bed it and inlet it for the trigger(which I am waiting on) i will stain it, hit it with linseed oil and then stock wax.
                  -Signature-

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Bigtwin
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2010
                    • 2639

                    Originally posted by Twoodland
                    I really need to get a camera. these broke d1ck cellphone pictures aint cuttin it.
                    +100000 for this you are killing me wanting to see this!
                    NRA MEMBER

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      laika
                      Member
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 384

                      Very nice and thorough work and thanks for keeping the shrapnel intact!

                      If you ever need a home for this beauty I am sure everyone here will be in competition bidding.
                      Originally posted by Rally Dave
                      Haha....too much AR shooting and you become a wennie!
                      The cure: Buy a Mosin M44 and shoot 100 rounds as fast as you can. When you can handle that, you are good to go.
                      7.62X54R Скалы
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Twoodland
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 50

                        Yeah i had to leave the shrapnel in there, The stock was being very stubborn with the stain but i finally got the stain to penetrate. This is before final wet sanding and oil and final finish.
                        it should look alot better once that's done

                        I also did my trigger today. I opted out of the timney unit and just modified mine. and it is PERFECT. < 2lbs and breaks like a glass rod. Here's what i did. I also polished the surfaces with a wet piece of 400 and 600 grit.



                        I did each mod little my little until i got it were i wanted
                        -Signature-

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Dr.Mauser
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 1862

                          Beautifully done! Welcome to the C&R forum, some of us are nice, while others want nothing but to chew you up for having individual thoughts, ideas and opinions. Its also a go to place if you need help with damn near anything milsurp.
                          !!WANT TO BUY and looking for shooter/beater/reenacting grade German Waffen proofed handguns from the WWII era. I just want shooters, Im not looking to spend oodles of money, I just want shootable examples to play with!!

                          !!!Also looking for a shooter/rack grade USGI M1 Carbine (Earlier the date the better)!!!

                          Wanna help me out? Email me at: mauser3340@gmail.com

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Twoodland
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 50

                            Well since I'm Bubba
                            Last edited by Twoodland; 08-08-2013, 12:15 PM.
                            -Signature-

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Alex$
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 1233

                              Sorry, sad looking M38 IMHO.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Marcus von W.
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 1675

                                Bubba is as Bubba does.

                                Is that the "Dueling Banjos" theme from "Deliverance" I hear playing in the background?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1