Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

03 FFL question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    -hanko
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2002
    • 14174

    Originally posted by hundy
    Wow, I guess my assumption may be correct and it may be over 60 days. Funny thing my COE was approved today, still waiting on FFL03. FFL03 and COE was originally submitted on April 26.
    '
    Make a polite call to the Licensing Division...their number is on the top of the application. I've seen a phone call speed things up personally. They're probably Corona'd out to some degree.
    True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

    Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

    A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

    Comment

    • #17
      hundy
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jun 2013
      • 550

      Originally posted by -hanko
      '
      Make a polite call to the Licensing Division...their number is on the top of the application. I've seen a phone call speed things up personally. They're probably Corona'd out to some degree.
      Thank you for the advice that was not a bad idea. I did call today and I got an agent who sounded far away and probably on a bad connection. Maybe working from home due to all the Corona stuff. Anyway he stated it was received on April 09. I thought that was odd as they charged my credit card on April 01st. He said it was still be processed. Oh well, at least I know the status. I will call again on June 1st if I do not hear anything else.

      Comment

      • #18
        hundy
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jun 2013
        • 550

        Originally posted by sakosf
        Once you get your 03FFL and COE, post here any other questions that come to mind. I did not renew my 03FFL when it expired back in the 2nd half of 2016.
        I am thinking about reapplying though, when and if move.
        I have my FFL03 and COE now. Now, I am trying to learn what and how to operate legally. I believe I have the State part down. I can log all transfer and purchases of C&R's on their site, under my log in. I read everything that is on my FFL03 and that came with it. I am still unsure of how to log transfers with the Feds and what is a bound book?

        Thank you,

        Jay

        Comment

        • #19
          hundy
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jun 2013
          • 550

          Originally posted by hundy
          I have my FFL03 and COE now. Now, I am trying to learn what and how to operate legally. I believe I have the State part down. I can log all transfer and purchases of C&R's on their site, under my log in. I read everything that is on my FFL03 and that came with it. I am still unsure of how to log transfers with the Feds and what is a bound book?

          Thank you,

          Jay
          One potential issue I may have is that my FFL03 is my name suffix on it of "Jr". my state COE has the suffix on the application and on the computer if you log in; however, it is not on my printable certificate. I sent a message to State DOJ to see if this can be corrected. I have had issues in the past due to that suffix.

          One other update is I am researching the above questions I posted prior to this post. I have found FFL bound books for sale online. I am just trying to research more on transfer process, before I purchase one.

          Thanks again,

          Jay

          Comment

          • #20
            ARFrog
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2016
            • 1293

            Bound books will vary somewhat in price based on number of input lines and type of binding. I personally like the following book:



            Some books seem to have more room to write than others even though the input information areas are the same.

            Input acquisition or disposition information in your bound book in a timely basis as it occurs - that way it will always be up to date and potentially ready for inspection. Separately file appropriate forms in CFARS, pay fee and you should be good.
            sigpic

            ARFrog

            Comment

            • #21
              SVT-40
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2008
              • 12911

              I've always used the book listed above. Real easy to log in and out.

              Just a heads up there is no Federal requirement to make your entries in your bound book in ink. It's perfectly legal to use a pencil.
              Poke'm with a stick!


              Originally posted by fiddletown
              What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

              Comment

              • #22
                hundy
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jun 2013
                • 550

                Thanks for the replies and the information. As I keep reading its starting to make sense. Even though I am reading through all the regulations, I still like to ask here. I have always gotten and continue to get great advice and help here. I try to do my part answer questions when it is a topic that I can answer with confidence.

                Thank you again and I just ordered the exact book described by both replies,

                Jay

                Comment

                • #23
                  morrcarr67
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 15053

                  Originally posted by hundy
                  Thanks for the replies and the information. As I keep reading its starting to make sense. Even though I am reading through all the regulations, I still like to ask here. I have always gotten and continue to get great advice and help here. I try to do my part answer questions when it is a topic that I can answer with confidence.

                  Thank you again and I just ordered the exact book described by both replies,

                  Jay
                  I like this bound book: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...5&d=1296762381

                  For a few reasons.
                  1. I designed it
                  2. It's cheap as you print it out as you need it
                  3. If you let your license expire it's easy to burn the pages


                  Feel free to use it free of charge
                  Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                  Originally posted by Erion929

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    MuayThaiJJ
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2020
                    • 1333

                    Originally posted by morrcarr67
                    I like this bound book: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...5&d=1296762381

                    For a few reasons.
                    1. I designed it
                    2. It's cheap as you print it out as you need it
                    3. If you let your license expire it's easy to burn the pages


                    Feel free to use it free of charge
                    YouTube Channel: Nick Shoots Stuff
                    Diablo Rod and Gun Club
                    03-FFL and COE Holder
                    CMAT GMAU

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      morrcarr67
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 15053

                      None that I know of.

                      Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
                      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                      Originally posted by Erion929

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        MuayThaiJJ
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2020
                        • 1333

                        Originally posted by morrcarr67
                        None that I know of.

                        Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
                        YouTube Channel: Nick Shoots Stuff
                        Diablo Rod and Gun Club
                        03-FFL and COE Holder
                        CMAT GMAU

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          morrcarr67
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 15053

                          Yes.

                          You said ATF. There's nothing you need to do with ATF online.

                          CFARS is a California system and you have 30 days to register C&R firearms acquired from a private party in California or anyone outside of California.


                          Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
                          Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                          Originally posted by Erion929

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            CharlesV
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 733

                            We have published a bound book for years thats on Ebay and Ecrater but the main thing is to be clear what transactions go (and dont go) into the book. Instead of going through it here, look for the thread on bound books where details are discussed. Some people have listed everything and ATF takes a dim view of that. Our book has pages for optional notes to add to the record the circumstances of how the item was acquired or disposed of which may come in handy if the other person was a criminal. Details can mean a lot for history too.
                            Slim River Carry Slings for Henry AR-7

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              sbo80
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2014
                              • 2265

                              If you transfer through an 01FFL, the DROS counts as the "registration". You don't have to also submit the form on CFARS. It's one or the other. That's for the state records. For your personal records, the bound book, you need to log either type of acquisition of C&R firearms.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1