Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SVT40

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    highpower
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2012
    • 5332

    There is a lesson to be learned here. I had many opportunities to get one when they were under five hundred. I kept telling myself that I would get one later when the price went down. Guess what? The price never came down and the supply dried up.

    They seem to be stable at around $1200 right now and I told myself that I wasn't getting any younger, so I just went ahead and bid it to what I was comfortable with. Quite honestly, if the guy I was bidding against had made one more bid it would have been his instead of mine.
    MLC member.

    Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

    Dumocraps suck balls.

    Comment

    • #17
    • #18
      joefrank64k
      @ the Dark End of the Bar
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2009
      • 10124

      Congrats!! Not bad for a drunken bid at all
      You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
      If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
      Come on...what harm??

      joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

      Comment

      • #19
        SonofWWIIDI
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2011
        • 21583

        Nice bidding work!

        Don't forget the range report.

        Sorry, not sorry.
        🎺

        Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

        Comment

        • #20
          Enfield47
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2012
          • 6385

          Congrats, sometimes it pays to drink and bid.

          Comment

          • #21
            delfino
            Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 334

            Sweet rifle! Congrats!

            Comment

            • #22
              DennisCA
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 4069

              Originally posted by Armistice
              Not great, but not bad

              You'd hate me for what I got mine
              Armistice - (since no one asked)
              How did u pay for yours?
              "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.

              Comment

              • #23
                Capybara
                CGSSA Coordinator
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2012
                • 15665

                $1,200.00 to me seems reasonable for what it is. Not as low as they used to be but what is? A nice Garand would cost you the same and this is a beautiful, interesting rifle that shoots "relatively" cheap ammo.
                NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #24
                  Drabnor
                  Member
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 360

                  I paid 1300 ish for mine with no qualms... Damn bayonet was expensive too!

                  Comment

                  • #25
                    beerman
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 5202

                    I had an SVT pretty muck identical to yours. I bought it for $239 from SOG back in the day....felt like a con when I got $750 for it about 15 years ago. Its the only C&R I ever regret selling. Mine was finicky about a clean chamber and would lock up from time to time, but it was fun as hell to shoot. Congrads on your find HP.

                    Comment

                    • #26
                      Paulie Lugnuts
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 1756

                      Looking at Gun Brokers is like a drunk going into a bar. My son and I keep trying to stay away, but it keeps pulling us back.
                      An SVT 40 is a must for any Russian collection. We found ours on GB a few years ago. Ended up paying $830 for it. Here's a pic with our other Russkie rifles.
                      Because milsurp.

                      Comment

                      • #27
                        95t-100
                        Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 189

                        Nice rifle, congrats OP! I still need to get one of these. Thanks for sharing!
                        http://www.pjslodge.com/

                        Comment

                        • #28
                          allright
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 2540

                          Beautiful, and a pretty good deal.
                          OLD iTrader Rating: iTrader Rating Here (click)
                          ???
                          WTB: , TLR-7A or 8A, Smith K22, Colt Officer's Model Revolver in 22LR, , Manurhin MR73, Lever gun in 44 Mag, ZKR 551, and CZ 453 22LR
                          Lifetime Member NRA
                          Member CRPA

                          Comment

                          • #29
                            Grendl
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 1657

                            Yup, nice rifle. I see scope groves but I can't see a notch on the back of the receiver. Is it there?

                            @Rickrock1, what's a "SAB?"
                            YOU NEED A GUN TRUST.

                            TLCGunTrust@gmail.com
                            Nothing I post here constitutes legal advice, nor can it establish an attorney/client relationship.

                            Comment

                            • #30
                              joefrank64k
                              @ the Dark End of the Bar
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 10124

                              FWIW, looks like Bill Berg made some more stainless piston sets: http://www.ppsh41.com/SVTitems.html
                              You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                              If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                              Come on...what harm??

                              joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1