Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Range Interrogation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    Darklyte27
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2008
    • 9372

    compliments and questions on the accessories on the rifle but never about the legality of anything.

    Ive also shown people how to operate their rifles.
    2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

    Chickens

    Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

    Comment

    • #77
      Sniper3142
      Veteran Member
      • May 2004
      • 2579

      If they ask, they do it POLITELY.

      And if they are stupid enough to ask once, they never ask again.

      Originally posted by Blake760
      We had an off-duty LEO club member interrogate another club member about his pre-ban AR and 30 round clips. Made him produce documentation....
      I'd tell him or her to follow the LAW and look up the serial number if so inclined since I am not required to carry any paperwork with my RAWs or LCMs.
      Internet Talk is Cheap

      Man Up, Show Up, or Shut the @#$! Up.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C74HgbjSCLM

      Comment

      • #78
        cannon
        In Memoriam
        • Aug 2008
        • 8589

        Originally posted by Blake760
        We had an off-duty LEO club member interrogate another club member about his pre-ban AR and 30 round clips. Made him produce documentation....
        Our clubs membership process tends to weed out people like that. Fortunately the process has not failed us yet and the LEOs we have are great guys.
        ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

        Comment

        • #79
          INFAMOUS762X39
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 1458

          I can't stand the ranges. BLM land for the win. I get the wilderness all to myself.

          Comment

          • #80
            penguinofsleep
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 2070

            never been questioned by (or even talked to) by on duty LEO, have had them in the lane right beside me at iron sights and on target on several occasions. if any have ever questioned me off duty, it was simply to see what i was shooting out of curiosity, which is how most conversations at the range start for me. these usually turn into conversations about stuff we are shooting, questions about specific guns (i.e. trigger reset or w/e), or us trying each other's guns.

            i also hope it stays this way for the rest of my shooting life.

            Comment

            • #81
              penguinofsleep
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2012
              • 2070

              never been questioned by (or even talked to) by on duty LEO, have had them in the lane right beside me at iron sights and on target on several occasions. if any have ever questioned me off duty, it was simply to see what i was shooting out of curiosity, which is how most conversations at the range start for me. these usually turn into conversations about stuff we are shooting, questions about specific guns (i.e. trigger reset or w/e), or us trying each other's guns.

              i also hope it stays this way for the rest of my shooting life.

              Comment

              • #82
                cannon
                In Memoriam
                • Aug 2008
                • 8589

                Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                What is the source of this info? Seems to be a pretty broad generalization. It is true that many LEO's are not gun enthusiasts, but just about everyone I've worked with over the years were competent with their firearms. Not all of them are Costas or Haleys, but then again most private gun enthusiasts aren't either.
                Then you have not worked with postal inspectors or watched LAPD Motors taking the shotgun class so they could carry shotguns on their bikes. Scarrryyy stuff.

                The reality is that many LEOs really don't care about or get enjoyment from firearms. So they do their qualifications and it's just another tool in the box.
                ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

                Comment

                • #83
                  Dinosaur Jr
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 1707

                  Originally posted by Blake760
                  We had an off-duty LEO club member interrogate another club member about his pre-ban AR and 30 round clips. Made him produce documentation....
                  So wrong...

                  Anyway, another shooter once asked me why my AKS had no "bullet button". I simply told him it was a RAW that I purchased and registered in 1989. It's grandfathered.
                  Laws against murder and attempted murder should have been the only gun control laws ever needed in America...

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    Socalman
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 1339

                    OP, you did not mention WHO was asking the questions. Was it an RSO or just another shooter, curious about your gun. It is easy to see the size magazine you are using, but how did the person know it did not have a serial number?

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      fmunk
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 3896

                      Originally posted by diverwcw
                      Just because a person is in law enforcement that does not make him/her an expert gun handler. Most cops barely qualify with their own weapons. It's pretty scary watching them qualify, particularly ranking members and those assigned to administrative details.
                      One picture is worth a thousand words...



                      FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        advocatusdiaboli
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 5521

                        When I have served as an RSO at gun clubs, my primary and only concern is safety—it's enough to worry about and we are not LEOs. And that is the same any where I served as RSO as well as those serving with me and everywhere I have ever been shooting.
                        Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          diverwcw
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 2693

                          Absolutely!

                          Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                          Here's my response to that, as a LEO:

                          When I go to a public range I mind my own business.

                          There are lots of situations where a person could be using a firearm legally with standard capacity magazines.

                          If I were approached by anyone other than a uniformed LEO at a range who wanted to interrogate me regarding my stuff, I would tell them to kick rocks and I would not identify myself as an LEO either. I can't stand nanny government loving busybodies who feel they need to be interfere with the enjoyment of one's 2A rights.
                          Absolutely! That officer had no business bracing people about that. I'm retired LEO and I think my answer would have been pretty much the same.
                          sigpic

                          Former Front Sight Commander Member
                          NRA Benefactor Life Member www.nra.org
                          CRPA Life Member www.crpa.org
                          NRA Instructor: Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Range Safety Officer

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1