Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Running scared...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46

    If LEO walked up to me while I was changing my mag, I would inform them that it rifle is capable of accepting fixed mag, but detaching the fixed mag requires a tool.
    Then at that point I guess I would say nothing more and refer them to my attorney.

    Comment

    • #47
      BroncoBob
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2008
      • 6019

      Originally posted by shark92651
      At RifleGear.com the Bullet Button is outselling the Prince50 about 75% to 25%. Come by and talk to us and you won't get the FUD from people that dont sell nor know anything about these products. Think of it this way - would you go to a Ford dealership to ask which motorcycle you should by? Avoid Turner's if you are talking black rifles...
      All I can say is trust Dave. From the times I have spoke to him he is very knowledgable regarding Calif. gun laws.
      sigpic
      NRA MEMBER

      Originally Posted by ar15barrels
      Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
      Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
      Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

      Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
      Michael Reagan

      Comment

      • #48
        kmca
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 2371

        If a LEO isn't going to listen to a reasonable discussion about the BB, then they probably won't believe a Prince50 either.

        BTW, wouldn't a monster man or U-15 be "safer"?

        Comment

        • #49
          geeknow
          Lifetime Contributor #1
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Aug 2007
          • 3144

          Originally posted by The Director
          The problem here is the OP himself. It's your problem pal, not the law, not the BB, not your rifle. The problem is YOU.

          I own 3 ARs with BBs. I am not afraid to shoot them at ranges. I don't care who is there, ATF, DOJ, cops, whatever. I know the law chapter and verse, I carry the AW cheat sheet with me whenever I have my rifle on me, and I am just waiting for some LEO to make a scene, because goddamit, I am going to make a scene too, quoting him every relevant section of the law.

          It's a confidence issue. If you get nervous around cops you are going to lose your gun, even though you're in the right and have broken no laws. Read 'em the riot act for chrissake! You are not breaking any laws with the BB - get the foreknowledge to tell them why.

          And in my case, if they still decide to take my rifle after I have patiently explained all the laws stating that it is perfectly legal, then God help them - I'm going to make that guy's life a living hell with lawsuits and letters to his chief. He'll rue the day he ran into me.

          I'm just so tired of FUD.
          +1 here. While I dont relish the prospect of a confrontation (nor am i asserting that the above poster does), I am similarly educated and prepared to educate (complete with PC) any LEO that claims I am in the wrong. The bottome line is that the law is here for all, and we are on the correct side of it. Know the law and be confident.

          Having said that, take a trip out to Angeles. It will be a good confidence boost for you to see all of us shooting our OLL's.

          regards

          Comment

          • #50
            geeknow
            Lifetime Contributor #1
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Aug 2007
            • 3144

            Originally posted by DedEye
            Why would the ATF take the time to explain CA state law to the CHP?
            I have spoken with a few CHP officers regarding OLL's. The consensus that I got was that it is the view of the CHP to let other LEO agencies litigate firearms issues. Once it has been litigated ad naseum, then they adopt policy. To be fair, the officers that i spoke with expressed concern over that policy as it didn't put them in the best position to properly enforce ever-changing laws...but that is how the department works.

            Comment

            • #51
              geeknow
              Lifetime Contributor #1
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Aug 2007
              • 3144

              Originally posted by Capt. Speirs
              Thanks all for your input so far, I have decided on the BB and I will as suggested, carry paper work with me if I need to educate any LEOs.

              My Parts should be here in 10 days.
              Good for you! Not sure where you are located, but if you want a shooting buddy for your first time out with your OLL, let me know.

              Comment

              • #52
                rtlltj
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2008
                • 780

                As long as a tool is required to drop the mag then its considered non detachable.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #53
                  motorhead
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 3409

                  why would atf bother with a ca state firearms law?
                  here's a new sig line for someone re:BB, if inserting=accepting, why is rape illegal?
                  sigpic Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Capt. Speirs
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 1232

                    Originally posted by geeknow
                    Good for you! Not sure where you are located, but if you want a shooting buddy for your first time out with your OLL, let me know.
                    I live in the City of Orange.
                    _____________________________________________
                    South Coast Outdoorsman
                    2736 E Chapman Ave
                    Orange CA 92869
                    714-532-4867
                    T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
                    _____________________________________________

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Air
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2005
                      • 1640

                      Originally posted by geeknow
                      Good for you! Not sure where you are located, but if you want a shooting buddy for your first time out with your OLL, let me know.
                      Does that offer stand for me too? Mine should be ready in 2 or 3 weeks...

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        DedEye
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 8655

                        Originally posted by motorhead
                        why would atf bother with a ca state firearms law?
                        here's a new sig line for someone re:BB, if inserting=accepting, why is rape illegal?
                        These posts are Fiction. They do not contain legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer. Any resemblance to real persons are pure coincidence. These posts may pose an inhalation hazard, reading can be harmful or fatal. No statements made on this forum are meant to represent any corporate or business entity, others, or myself. Especially not myself.

                        Stop duping answers, help expand the FAQ.

                        Why yes, that is me in my avatar and yes, I AM wearing a life jacket.

                        WTS Keltec P11

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          badicedog
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 3157

                          first off, what are you doing at Turners???? That's the beginning of your problem. I rest my case.
                          "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty;now we bleat like sheep for security."

                          ~ Norman Vincent Peale

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            devildog999
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 5534

                            Originally posted by DedEye
                            Why would the ATF take the time to explain CA state law to the CHP?
                            Because most don't likely know the exact law when it comes to the AR/AK and others and a BB. With the increasing popularity and ownership numbers due to the BB and people knowing about the BB; they likely understand to inform LEOs so that they don't start arresting a lot of ppl that have these legal rifles.
                            Originally posted by TRAP55
                            Or your ammo stash has replaced your wifes parking spot in the garage.
                            When my neighbor asked what all those crates were, I told him if he sees smoke coming from my garage, and me running down the street......he better catch up!
                            Originally posted by Steve O
                            Just go to safeway to shop for food. The young good looking couple buying healthy food...they're a new couple. The fat ones wearing ****ty clothes not caring about how they look, getting frozen food...they're married!

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Sam1
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2008
                              • 766

                              I have a bb on mine, while transporting or not in use I keep an empty mag in it just to be on the safe side. At the range I use a tool(bullet) to release the mag. If someone is approaching you just pop in a mag if you feel paranoid lol I would recommend the BB because you can drop the mag or top load, but you can only top load with the prince50.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                Nodda Duma
                                • Nov 2007
                                • 3455

                                Originally posted by DedEye
                                Why would the ATF take the time to explain CA state law to the CHP?
                                There are ATF agents who reside in CA, too, you know. They probably want their own OLL rifle same as we do and don't want them wrongly confiscated either

                                -Jason
                                Looking for photos for your wall?
                                Help feed my children by clicking here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1