Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just jailed My first bolt action

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Mr Blu
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 741

    Check out 8541 Tactical's "budget precision build" on YouTube and his website.

    He is using the AAC, but it's still an SPS.

    It's very basic and shows how to build it yourself. If I remember correctly, the TOTAL cost is just under $2k. And I mean everything. Rifle, glass, stock, all of it. Even a cheek pad with a pouch.

    He even has a weekly show called Mail Call Mondays where he answers questions about firearms, ammo, equipment, and so forth.

    His 2 part review of the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50 is pretty legit.

    He soaked it for 2 days, then froze it for a day, mounted it on a rifle, zeroed it, dropped it about 7 times from shoulder height onto the ground, then onto concrete, then fired it again.

    No loss of zero. Only cosmetic damage.

    I had one word as a response. SOLD.
    Originally posted by 0321jarhead
    Accuracy is not always the rifle, its the nut behind the stock.
    "Use the shiny toys when you have them, but never, ever forget how to do it by hand." --- SGT. David Sillick A. Co. 4-64 AR, 3ID

    Everything is METTT-C

    Comment

    • #17
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57175

      Originally posted by Slinky
      I originally wanted the aad-sd however for the price I couldn't pass it up and didn't think 200 was worth threading, I can always get it barrel threaded or wait till I re-barrel the thing.
      For reference, I charge $80 to thread a 700 barrel.
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #18
        ar15barrels
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 57175

        Originally posted by Slinky
        Any suggestions on gear or the need to have stuff?

        I got 200 rounds of 308 coming, however have not picked out the scope, rings or base yet.
        Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Side Focus with Mildot reticle.
        TPS 20moa steel base.
        TPS 1" low rings.
        Randall Rausch

        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

        Comment

        • #19
          ar15barrels
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 57175

          Originally posted by CobraRed
          When people embrace modding thier rifle in order to "set themselves apart" from others at the range, then the 700 .308 really will be like the AR.
          That ship has sailed.
          LOTS of people buy chassis systems without even trying them because they "Look Cool"...
          Randall Rausch

          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

          Comment

          • #20
            ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57175

            Originally posted by CobraRed
            Maybe if you get Accuracy International to certify its authentucity you'll podium at your next competition.
            The easier way is to just hit every target you fire at...
            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            • #21
              CobraRed
              Senior Member
              • May 2012
              • 1018

              Originally posted by ar15barrels
              That ship has sailed.
              LOTS of people buy chassis systems without even trying them because they "Look Cool"...
              Originally posted by ar15barrels
              The easier way is to just hit every target you fire at...
              Buying a chassis because you like the look of it is fine by me, but doing it so you don't feel embarrassed at the range or because you think it will make you cool online or at the range is flashlight polishing AR talk - get that crap out of this forum IMO.

              Comment

              • #22
                NorCalFocus
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2013
                • 3913

                I love that my 700 doesn't look like all the other lol.

                Comment

                • #23
                  oni
                  Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 283

                  Originally posted by ar15barrels
                  The easier way is to just hit every target you fire at...
                  That only works if its the correct target.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    JMP
                    Internet Warrior
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 17056

                    Originally posted by alfred1222
                    Lol it's funny because everyone puts an AICS on their 700. I wanted to stand out at the range, so I bought a real AI AW. Then I realized no one believed me that it was real!
                    I hate to break it to you, but that guy at the gun show selling those AIAWs from his camper with beef jerky was selling fakes. You probably didn't even get a real stock.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      1859sharps
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 2261

                      Originally posted by Slinky
                      however im gunna start a new trend and go kiss with this one..
                      too late, I already started that trend. I keep my rifles as simple as possible while still meeting needs/interests.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        REDPATCHUSMC
                        CGSSA Wine Country Chapt.
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 1232

                        Originally posted by treblAR
                        Check out the swfa sample list. They usually have some great deals on used/ opened optics.
                        Most people will agree that the overmold stock is junk, but you should see how it shoots off a bipod before you replace it. I went with a manners.

                        +1 - Excellent resource for affordable optics!

                        Also - Highly recommend a new Optics Vendor here on CG - Glover Munitions (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=171702) John is a GREAT guy and will work very hard to earn your business & trust! If you find something you like elsewhere - Give him a shot!
                        ------------------------------------------------------
                        "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands
                        around reloading"





                        -- Thomas Jefferson

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          AK5.56
                          Member
                          • Oct 2012
                          • 375

                          Originally posted by Slinky
                          Just jailed a Remmy 700 sps tactical. 20 inch 1-10 twist

                          I originally wanted the aad-sd however for the price I couldn't pass it up and didn't think 200 was worth threading, I can always get it barrel threaded or wait till I re-barrel the thing.
                          I thought the SPS tactical was a 1/12 twist and the AAC-SD came with the 1/10 twist, threaded barrel, and grey Hogue stock? I just jailed a AAC only because they were out of the SPS tactical. Price was only $60 difference.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            RobG
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 4887

                            Originally posted by ar15barrels
                            That ship has sailed.
                            LOTS of people buy chassis systems without even trying them because they "Look Cool"...
                            Yep...

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              firemanjoe
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 1066

                              ^ looks good! But I'm definitely not that cool, my Remington 700 is just sitting in a Bell & Carlson A2 medalist. It works for me, I can hit my targets out to 800 yards! (That's the longest range I've been to so far)
                              "...... to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason -

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Dinosaur Jr
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2012
                                • 1707

                                I've just started with my first bolt gun this year. I recently decided to abandon the flimsy factory Hogue stock and wanted something that was free-float, more rigid, and offered adjustment for comfortable operation.
                                It certainly doesn't hurt that I like the way it looks. Am I doing it right so far?

                                Last edited by Dinosaur Jr; 12-15-2013, 8:32 PM.
                                Laws against murder and attempted murder should have been the only gun control laws ever needed in America...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1