Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which Remington 700 would you pick?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    hambam105
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2013
    • 7083

    Where is the option button for wanting to buy, 'All of Them'?

    Comment

    • #47
      Lone_Gunman
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2009
      • 8396

      Pre '64 in 30-06.

      Comment

      • #48
        ar15barrels
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 57179

        Which Remington 700 would you pick?

        Originally posted by Lone_Gunman
        Pre '64 in 30-06.
        There are not very many pre-64 Remington 700's...

        They were called 721's back then.
        Randall Rausch

        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

        Comment

        • #49
          louiebob
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 34

          Love my ltr!



          Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

          Comment

          • #50
            Jarhead
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2007
            • 2847

            Comment

            • #51
              kentactic
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2012
              • 1127

              SPS Tactical

              .308

              Shot mine well out to 900 yards. The damn thing just makes hits. Easily a 1200 yard gun.

              Comment

              • #52
                tquizzle
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 1605

                I have a 700 VTR 22" with the integrated muzzle brake in 308 that I'm actually selling today only for $725 and I just got an SPS tactical 20" in 308

                Comment

                • #53
                  Simi-Surfer
                  Senior Member
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 713

                  700SPS in 30-06. Great all around cartridge with multiple grains available for all types of hunting/shooting. If you reload, even more options.
                  "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]


                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    a1fabweld
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 4622

                    Get the Rem 770 that comes with the scope already mounted. Easily a 1500 yard gun. Big-5 usually has them on sale for $350 or so.
                    Liberals could fk up an anvil

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      osis32
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 5912

                      Originally posted by a1fabweld
                      Get the Rem 770 that comes with the scope already mounted. Easily a 1500 yard gun. Big-5 usually has them on sale for $350 or so.
                      lol wut?
                      Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        kentactic
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 1127

                        Originally posted by a1fabweld
                        Get the Rem 770 that comes with the scope already mounted. Easily a 1500 yard gun. Big-5 usually has them on sale for $350 or so.
                        I've got an ice farm in alaska if you believe that.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          a1fabweld
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 4622

                          The 770 is the king of sniper rifles. Plus, think of all the tactical gear you could buy with the money saved from one of those 700's?
                          Liberals could fk up an anvil

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Untamed1972
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 17579

                            Havent shot all the models listed.....but I can speak to the 5R. It's a nice a shooter. Is capable of way more than my skills can provide at this current time. Nice to have a good platform to grow into though. Have made hits out a little over 600yds. Best grouping so far was a 3/4" 5rd group at 200yds. And I don't consider myself a top notch marksman by any means.

                            Is the 5R the best choice? Can't tell yuh, but for an off the shelf rifle I don't think you'd be disappointed with it at all. Wish I had time and resources to shoot it more.
                            "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

                            Quote for the day:
                            "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              russ69
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 9348

                              Originally posted by ar15barrels
                              ...I don't recommend doing that until you shoot-out or you can out-shoot the original barrel.
                              I have owned a number of Remington 700s, including two 40Xs. Out of that bunch only one factory barrel shot better than me. In fact one of my 40Xs was not very good at all. If you get a good one (it happens) shoot it out, then re-barrel. Otherwise a new barrel should be on the top of your list.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                EBR Works
                                Vendor/Retailer
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 10492

                                My AAC SD in .308 was dropped off by UPS today. I had set aside a .308 AR from inventory for myself, but after about a week I had a change of direction and decided I have enough AR rifles. Will be several months until it is built out with a bunch of goodies on order including an XLR chassis. Trying to decide on a paint job. The threaded barrel will be dressed appropriately with us being a SOT Will be fun and easy to develop loads for since I already have lots of 175SMK/Varget in my personal stash.
                                .
                                .
                                .
                                Last edited by EBR Works; 01-21-2014, 6:39 AM.


                                Check out our e-commerce site here:

                                www.ebrworks.com

                                Serving you from Prescott, AZ

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1