Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Frustrated... can't shoot 1/2 moa

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Exodus343
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 4740

    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    Adjust the cheekest height so that you can clamp the buttstock between your face and your rear bag.
    You should be able to close your eye, get on the rifle and then open your eye and your eye should be aligned through the scope.
    If you can't do that, adjust the cheekrest until you can.
    Thank you again Randall

    really don't know what I will do without a strong precision shooting community living in my county
    "Adversity Introduces Us To Ourselves"

    sigpic

    Comment

    • LynnJr
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2013
      • 7958

      Originally posted by Merc1138
      Still obsessed with my post count eh? You've got problems(and you're also a liar, but whatever). At the very least some of what your post is worthwhile, unfortunately you keep watering it down because you're jealous of post counts, mad that not everyone wants to shoot the way you do, and who knows what else.
      Merc1138
      The word your looking for is "Amazed".
      I am amazed that anyone with 13,000 posts on a shooting forum knows as little as you do yet YOU feel the need to keep posting,Amazing.
      If you find any errors in my posts point them out and I will correct them.
      As to being mad about people not wanting to shoot like I do YOU really need to listen to yourself and step away from your keyboard.Most here want to shoot accurately which is exactly what I do and YOU don't do.
      This thread only took a negative turn when YOU started posting and that again is nothing new.
      Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
      Southwest Regional Director
      Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
      www.unlimitedrange.org
      Not a commercial business.
      URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!

      Comment

      • QuarterBoreGunner
        Administrator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 9389

        ENOUGH WITH THE BICKERING. Take to PMs or take it face-to-face, but take it somewhere else. I don't care who said what first. STOP IT.
        /Chris

        I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

        You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
        Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
        Like who?
        Farmers.
        Who else?
        Farmers' mums.

        Comment

        • 19K
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2013
          • 3621

          Lololol "why can't I shoot better than a professional shooter? Come on! Its my 3rd time shooting!"

          Comment

          • Exodus343
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 4740

            UPDATE

            went to the range today
            got behind the rifle

            did load development

            shot a 3 round group that measuered 0.6xx MOA at 100 yards
            if I was to count that 5 round group it would be 2 ridiculous flyers that happened because I accidentally slipped the trigger
            "Adversity Introduces Us To Ourselves"

            sigpic

            Comment

            • russ69
              Calguns Addict
              • Nov 2009
              • 9348

              Originally posted by Exodus343
              ...if I was to count that 5 round group it would be 2 ridiculous flyers that happened because I accidentally slipped the trigger...
              No such things as flyers. All shots count. Statistically, you need seven shots for any real significance, they tell me.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • five.five-six
                CGN Contributor
                • May 2006
                • 34928

                Originally posted by QuarterBoreGunner
                ENOUGH WITH THE BICKERING. Take to PMs or take it face-to-face, but take it somewhere else. I don't care who said what first. STOP IT.
                No kidding, this thread is so good that it's dragging me away from the OT.

                Comment

                • Raralith
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 551

                  Originally posted by Exodus343
                  UPDATE

                  went to the range today
                  got behind the rifle

                  did load development

                  shot a 3 round group that measuered 0.6xx MOA at 100 yards
                  if I was to count that 5 round group it would be 2 ridiculous flyers that happened because I accidentally slipped the trigger
                  Congrats. What were the steps involved? Minimum powder load, add 0.3 increments, 3-5 loads of each set? What did you rifle like and what powder?

                  Comment

                  • Exodus343
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 4740

                    Exactly what you said
                    0.3 increments, 5 rounds,
                    My rifle likes 43.6 grains of 4064

                    Still need to test out Varget
                    "Adversity Introduces Us To Ourselves"

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Raralith
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 551

                      How much powder did you start with? How many loads did you develop? What did the ejected case and primer look like? Did you shoot prone or bench? Bipod or bags in the front? What did you use for the back? Depending on what you are planning do, I'd consider maxing out velocity for range and different shoot positions.

                      In regards to the shoot slippage, do you have the adjustable trigger (X Mark or something?) if so, did you set it to the lightest break? Do it it you havent before you consider a new trigger group.

                      Comment

                      • Exodus343
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 4740

                        Originally posted by Raralith
                        How much powder did you start with? How many loads did you develop? What did the ejected case and primer look like? Did you shoot prone or bench? Bipod or bags in the front? What did you use for the back? Depending on what you are planning do, I'd consider maxing out velocity for range and different shoot positions.

                        In regards to the shoot slippage, do you have the adjustable trigger (X Mark or something?) if so, did you set it to the lightest break? Do it it you havent before you consider a new trigger group.
                        I have a older remington trigger and I guess I'll start playing with the pull weight

                        and off the bipod with a rear bag

                        loaded 40 rounds 5 round batches started from 41.5 and moved up in 0.3 increments

                        no pressure signs even at 43.6
                        "Adversity Introduces Us To Ourselves"

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1