Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
First bolt gun?
Collapse
X
-
No I guess not. I do know you can neck size your brass for a bolt action to improve accuracy without affecting function though. Can you do that with a semi auto. I think it would be nice to have a bolt action that could shoot any ammo I have and still be able to turn it into a tack driver.sigpic
Comment
-
All bench rest guns are bolt action but that doesn't mean that a good AR15 is not accurate. The National Matches haven't been won with a bolt gun in quite a few years IIRC. A good AR will shoot very good groups.sigpicComment
-
No doubt that an AR will out shoot most shooters and will produce sub MOA groups. However, my point is that if you want to build a highly accurate bolt gun, why would you build it based on a ammo that isn't the most accurate.
Again this is just my opinion and isn't worth the paper to print it on.Last edited by NorCalFocus; 08-30-2013, 3:33 PM.Comment
-
^^^ I resemble that remark!No doubt that an AR will out shoot most shooters and will produce sub MOA groups. However, my point is that if you want to build a highly accurate bolt gun, why would you build it based on a ammo that isn't the most accurate.
Again this is just my opinion and isn't worth the paper to print it on.
.223
Comment
-
No but I reload and have plenty of supplies stored up from long ago.A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society memberComment
-
Originally posted by fighterpilot562Damn it man! We could have got drunk, called a taxi and drop by Kest house with a mega phone.Comment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,411
Posts: 25,147,505
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23041 users online. 44 members and 22997 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.



Comment