Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin CSBL

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    3fcattle
    Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 145

    I got every lever I ever wanted, even a copilot. But I missed the csbl

    Comment

    • #77
      e46dxyan
      Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 102

      Yes sir, all the parts are reversable.

      Comment

      • #78
        e46dxyan
        Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 102

        Originally posted by 3fcattle
        I got every lever I ever wanted, even a copilot. But I missed the csbl
        Hopefully Ruger will get production up and running in 2021. You will have a chance to own one!

        Comment

        • #79
          e46dxyan
          Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 102

          Finally found time for a Range Day. I got decent groups at 25 yards - standing off hand. I will try 50 yards the next go.

          Comment

          • #80
            splithoof
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2015
            • 6041

            ^^^^^^Excellent, you are well on your way!

            Comment

            • #81
              e46dxyan
              Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 102

              Originally posted by splithoof
              ^^^^^^Excellent, you are well on your way!
              Thanks! It's been a while since I had so much fun at the range.

              Comment

              • #82
                e46dxyan
                Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 102

                My thumb is sore from loading rounds, and sometimes the bullet would catch, needing a few minor adjustments to get seated. The rifle is brand new, so hopefully, the spring and tube will break in overtime. Or, maybe not, and I'm just a big baby, lol.

                Comment

                • #83
                  200Apples
                  -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Dec 2011
                  • 7217

                  Nice shootin'!

                  A trick to easier and quicker loading is to not insert each cartridge all the way, but to use your other thumb atop the side of the action to hold the cartridge against magazine spring pressure as you align and insert the next... and so on.

                  I finish this procedure with using my loading hand's little finger to motivate the final (I load 8 Magnum brass rounds in my barrels less than 20") cartridge just past the loading gate. Do not be in a hurry with this last bit or the receiver will bite you.

                  .
                  "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

                  NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    W.R.Buchanan
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 3401

                    A trick to easier and quicker loading is to not insert each cartridge all the way, but to use your other thumb atop the side of the action to hold the cartridge against magazine spring pressure as you align and insert the next... and so on.

                    this^^^

                    Randy
                    Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
                    Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
                    Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
                    Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

                    It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
                    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      e46dxyan
                      Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 102

                      Originally posted by 200Apples
                      Nice shootin'!

                      A trick to easier and quicker loading is to not insert each cartridge all the way, but to use your other thumb atop the side of the action to hold the cartridge against magazine spring pressure as you align and insert the next... and so on.

                      I finish this procedure with using my loading hand's little finger to motivate the final (I load 8 Magnum brass rounds in my barrels less than 20") cartridge just past the loading gate. Do not be in a hurry with this last bit or the receiver will bite you.

                      I appreciate all your comments and best practices! I'll try that in my next outing. Cheers!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1