Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

One step closer to joining the MLC....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Spyder
    CGN Contributor
    • Mar 2008
    • 17266

    I'm glad I'm not anywhere near simi valley...

    I could use a 20" 357 Cowboy to go with my 20" 45 Colt cowboy

    Comment

    • #47
      200Apples
      -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Dec 2011
      • 7217

      BOBGBA

      If anyone is looking for a Marlin JM Marked 1894CB Cowboy Limited .357 Mag .38 Spl Lever Action Rifle, 20" octagon barrel, here's one in Simi Valley.

      https://www.gunbroker.com/item/866746456

      I say that rifle will hit at least $1400. If it sells for less, I'll be pleasantly surprised.



      Hey, I own both a Henry Big Boy and a Taylor/Uberti 1873 - both in .357. Can I join too and is there a secret handshake that we can't use because of social distancing I need to learn?
      I've got a '59 M94. Does the "M" qualify?

      Gentlemen, or, you scoundrels!... whichever may apply, you are part of the Mojave Lever Crew! by virtue of your participation in this thread of Bob's here and for your ownership of said lee-ver car-beens.

      I think we need an updated roll call.

      Long live! the MLC.
      .
      "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

      NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

      Comment

      • #48
        saudadeii
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Dec 2012
        • 3468

        Originally posted by 200Apples
        <snip>Gentlemen, or, you scoundrels!... whichever may apply, you are part of the Mojave Lever Crew! by virtue of your participation in this thread of Bob's here and for your ownership of said lee-ver car-beens.

        I think we need an updated roll call.

        Long live! the MLC.
        Cool beans!! I was in the USAF for a number of years. We used to say, it took an act of Congress to make us Officers, it would take an act of God to make us gentlemen.

        Pics or it didn't happen.....

        My hand me down '94.

        M94 small.jpg
        My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

        Comment

        • #49
          BOBGBA
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Sep 2010
          • 2400

          Originally posted by Spyder
          I'm glad I'm not anywhere near simi valley...

          I could use a 20" 357 Cowboy to go with my 20" 45 Colt cowboy
          We could probably set up a MLC go fund me page to cover shipping.
          God Bless America - My iTrader rating - https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...2-transactions

          Comment

          • #50
            DueceMcGurk
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2016
            • 884

            Saud that's a beauty. Double valuable since it is an heirloom.

            Comment

            • #51
              Spyder
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2008
              • 17266

              Originally posted by BOBGBA
              We could probably set up a MLC go fund me page to cover shipping.
              Deal! I got a shipping quote. It's oddly enough, the same cost as the rifle. Feel free to send it ASAP so I can start bidding. Thanks everybody!

              Comment

              • #52
                pennstater
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2010
                • 4671

                Originally posted by BOBGBA
                No one will say it or put it in writing, but I'm guessing it would consist of each person holding a beer in an outstretched arm and the bottom of the beer bottles or cans get clinked.

                Margaritas can be substituted in a pinch.
                Dang! You guys are making serious inroads to the MLC! Uhh, beer? Margaritas?
                Serious inroads! Lordy!!

                MLC

                Comment

                • #53
                  RayPDA
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 909

                  Bob, does this mean the start of the...

                  Margaritas and Lever Club?


                  Disclaimer: alcohol should only be consumed after a range session.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by RayPDA; 05-06-2020, 7:54 PM. Reason: Sorry my iPhone photos post weird and I don’t like using hosting sites

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    pennstater
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 4671

                    Margaritas? Fine. Beer?A must!

                    MLC

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      golfish
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 10124

                      Originally posted by Den60
                      Hey, I own both a Henry Big Boy and a Taylor/Uberti 1873 - both in .357. Can I join too and is there a secret handshake that we can't use because of social distancing I need to learn?
                      No matter what apples tells ya, it's not a Ponzi scheme, it just seems like it.

                      I got your call Tom, sorry I missed it. I've been fighting with a electrical problem for years in this house (like always, "it's a neutral wire") I finally found if yesterday morning. It's been a long two days. It's so bad that the wires have no more insulation going right or left. Lucky the house didn't burn down ( i guess) I never have understood the neutral wire ...
                      It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                      Happiness is a warm gun.

                      MLC, First 3

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        nickel plate
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 2134

                        Originally posted by pennstater
                        Your 39A is a '57!? Damn, so is mine. Fabulous .22 rifle! When this stinking virus crud is over and you think you may have some time, come on out to the Mojave and we'll have ourselves a shoot-a- thon! Fellas, this guy knows how to do it!
                        I gotta do some more loading! And time for a beer or two or........MLC
                        1957 was a strange year serial number wise for the 39A. Early 1957 started with a "P" and late 1957 started with an "R". Mine is a "P". It appears to be the only year of production that two different letters were used in one year. I guess that makes our two rifles are extra special!

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          200Apples
                          -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Dec 2011
                          • 7217

                          ^ ^ ^ Yes, well, you have my undying envy.

                          A 39A made in the mid '50s I highly desire. It would be as old as I am.




                          saudadeli

                          I was in the USAF for a number of years. We used to say, it took an act of Congress to make us Officers, it would take an act of God to make us gentlemen.

                          Indeed!




                          BOBGBA

                          We could probably set up a MLC go fund me page to cover shipping.
                          Spyder

                          Deal! I got a shipping quote. It's oddly enough, the same cost as the rifle. Feel free to send it ASAP so I can start bidding.

                          Hee!
                          .
                          "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

                          NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            pennstater
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 4671

                            Originally posted by nickel plate
                            1957 was a strange year serial number wise for the 39A. Early 1957 started with a "P" and late 1957 started with an "R". Mine is a "P". It appears to be the only year of production that two different letters were used in one year. I guess that makes our two rifles are extra special!
                            Yep! "P" with four numbers. Slick as a whistle to boot. Gotta love the 39A's!

                            MLC

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              BOBGBA
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 2400

                              Originally posted by Spyder
                              Deal! I got a shipping quote. It's oddly enough, the same cost as the rifle. Feel free to send it ASAP so I can start bidding. Thanks everybody!
                              I'll get back to you on the 2nd Tuesday of next week.

                              Originally posted by RayPDA
                              Bob, does this mean the start of the...Margaritas and Lever Club?
                              I'm afraid if that happened in the Mojave, we'd need several things.
                              Carpools, designated drivers and/or Uber
                              A place to sleep it off
                              A new member of the club that's a lawyer, specializes in divorce and gives his new found friends a price break

                              But it might work for those that live near each other.
                              God Bless America - My iTrader rating - https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...2-transactions

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                BOBGBA
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 2400

                                Range Report

                                Originally posted by DueceMcGurk
                                Nice one, Bob. Give us the specs and a range report when you get it in hand.
                                You will love it.
                                Specs: 2003 Marlin 1894C, 18.5" (JM) Ballard rifled barrel .357/.38

                                Range Report:
                                Went to A Place to Shoot this morning (http://www.aplacetoshoot.net/). Good thing I had my new safety gear (mask) with me, since it is required to shoot there.
                                Got there around 8:30, pistol range not to crowded.
                                Rifle fed a diet of 38 & 357 with no problems whatsoever.


                                Went up to the rifle range for some longer shots (steel targets only, paper targets not allowed at this time).
                                Only a couple folks at the rifle range, shot for a while and had a lot of fun.
                                By the time I left, the rifle range was full, guess I got there at the right time for once.

                                Overall, it was a fun morning and I'm looking forward to taking it out again soon. If I could only find some more ammo for it!
                                God Bless America - My iTrader rating - https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...2-transactions

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1