Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Finally found one...now the wait.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    200Apples
    -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2011
    • 7217

    Holy Duplicate Quotes! Batman...

    SoldierLife7 put it more accurately than I did, with "police hold". That's the way I had heard it too, back whenever.


    Spent an hour or so researching powders, bullets, and loads. All my reloading manuals are early 80's and even earlier.

    I hear you. I haven't even looked down that rabbit hole, yet; the hole with the .35 Whelen data in it... I will go with whatever presents itself to me at a future, appropriate time: either 35 Whelen or .375 Ruger. Depends on what the rifle will be at the time.

    ...but I'm set up for everything else I shoot: .308 Win, 7.62 X 39, .44 Special, .44 Magnum rifle and pistol, .41 Magnum rifle, .38/.357 and while I don't right now because auto brass flies so fast, I have dies for .45 auto but no components. I am well-stocked with Winchester white box and Fed HST, though!

    blah blah blah

    Presently I am loading whenever I can, and have discovered some fantastic .44 Mag carbine loads. 240 grains jacketed HP and 270 grains jacketed soft points, both doing 1500 fps from my 16" Marlin 1894 SBL. yeehaw!
    .
    "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

    NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

    Comment

    • #17
      pennstater
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 4671

      Chris, here it comes: .45 Colt lever action. You NEED one!
      But, a .35 Whelen would be super. I just looked up that .375 Ruger. Oh my!
      That will rattle your cage! Beast!

      Comment

      • #18
        splithoof
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2015
        • 6028

        Originally posted by 200Apples
        A legendary cartridge. A huge score!
        Absolutely true.
        The 35 Whelen makes a fantastic hunting cartridge, and with 250 grain bullets can be used on a very wide range of game. Reloaders have many options with it.

        Comment

        • #19
          morrcarr67
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2010
          • 15053





          Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
          Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

          Originally posted by Erion929

          Comment

          • #20
            plumbum
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2010
            • 5394

            Holy cow, that’s freakin sweet!
            Nice score - love those tang Rugers.
            Originally posted by ysr_racer
            Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1