Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Local gunsmiths for custom bolt action rifles.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Mute
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2005
    • 8596

    Randy Cain of RD Precision. He does some of the best rifle work you'll find anywhere at very reasonable prices.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


    American Marksman Training Group
    Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

    Comment

    • #17
      Dave626
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2012
      • 1038

      Ron Roark


      3 shots group 168gr FGM at WEGC 109yards

      Comment

      • #18
        kendog4570
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2008
        • 5180

        Originally posted by Dave626
        Ron Roark


        3 shots group 168gr FGM at WEGC 109yards

        Shoots THAT good and you can't hit center??

        Comment

        • #19
          vintagearms
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2009
          • 6841

          Originally posted by Maltese Falcon
          His name is Matt. He did my rifle also.

          .
          Thanx. Was over 3 years ago. I've slept since then.

          Comment

          • #20
            vintagearms
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2009
            • 6841

            Originally posted by kendog4570
            Can't speak for the rest of this gentleman's skills, or lack thereof, but Cerakoting is not riflesmithing. That is like comparing the guy that does mobile auto detailing to someone building a top fuel dragster engine.
            If he can't do something easy, you'd trust him with something that takes more precision?

            Comment

            • #21
              vintagearms
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2009
              • 6841

              Originally posted by Dark Hunt
              shoddy

              [shod-ee]

              adjective, shoddier, shoddiest.

              1. of poor quality or inferior workmanship: a shoddy bookcase.
              2. intentionally rude or inconsiderate; shabby: shoddy behavior.
              FOAD spelling nazi

              Comment

              • #22
                kendog4570
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2008
                • 5180

                Originally posted by vintagearms
                If he can't do something easy, you'd trust him with something that takes more precision?
                Cerakoting is anything but "easy". It is a huge pain in the *** to apply and get it right. It is a bigger pain in the *** to fix small f^^kups. It is also not gunsmithing by any stretch. It is cosmetic bling-bling. The comparison is apples to Toyotas.

                Comment

                • #23
                  baih777
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 5680

                  Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
                  I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
                  I'm Back.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Dark Hunt
                    Member
                    • Sep 2016
                    • 420

                    Originally posted by vintagearms
                    FOAD spelling nazi
                    People really value the opinion of illiterates.
                    NRA Endowment Life Member

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Ki6vsm
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2013
                      • 2354

                      Originally posted by Dark Hunt
                      People really value the opinion of illiterates.
                      It's a stretch to call the occasional misspelling illiteracy. This is just something people do when they write out a word that they know quite well but have never seen it in print. There are worse sins in common online posts. I let them go. For example, if I had a nickle for every person who doesn't know the difference between its and it's, or then and than... well, I'd have a lot of nickles for certain. I won't disrupt the flow of a thread over that kind of stuff though.

                      Or when people express scope zoom as "3x9". LOL "3 by 9"??? It's a range. Should be hyphenated, or more formally, separated by "to". What would they think if they called a store to ask about business hours (assuming anyone ever does this anymore), and a voice told you "Our normal hours are 8 AM by 6 PM"? "Huh??" But I let this stuff go too, shaking my head. I guess not everyone's a writer. They're getting their point across.

                      But I admit, there is only so much misuse of terminology I can take. Drives me nuts when people call a manual-loading AR/MSR a "single-shot" or "single-action". Learn a little more about firearms people. Those terms have been in use for other things for over 150 years.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        ar15barrels
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 57181



                        Originally posted by Ki6vsm
                        It's a stretch to call the occasional misspelling illiteracy. This is just something people do when they write out a word that they know quite well but have never seen it in print. There are worse sins in common online posts. I let them go. For example, if I had a nickle for every person who doesn't know the difference between its and it's, or then and than... well, I'd have a lot of nickles for certain. I won't disrupt the flow of a thread over that kind of stuff though.

                        Or when people express scope zoom as "3x9". LOL "3 by 9"??? It's a range. Should be hyphenated, or more formally, separated by "to". What would they think if they called a store to ask about business hours (assuming anyone ever does this anymore), and a voice told you "Our normal hours are 8 AM by 6 PM"? "Huh??" But I let this stuff go too, shaking my head. I guess not everyone's a writer. They're getting their point across.

                        But I admit, there is only so much misuse of terminology I can take. Drives me nuts when people call a manual-loading AR/MSR a "single-shot" or "single-action". Learn a little more about firearms people. Those terms have been in use for other things for over 150 years.
                        Last edited by ar15barrels; 04-11-2018, 3:03 PM.
                        Randall Rausch

                        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          BigFatGuy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 3176

                          I'll admit, I was going to post something similar to teh "spelling nazi"... and I talked myself out of it... teh effort took a few minutes.

                          In teh end, what really did it was my knowledge that I have suffered teh slings and teh arrows of someone who liked to make fun of a particular typo that has been teh bane of my Internet existence.

                          I'll see if any of you have teh faintest idea of teh problem.
                          NRA Patron Member

                          I've written up my ongoing adventures as I learn to hunt.

                          Yes, you CAN fit a case of shotgun shells into a .50cal ammo can.

                          I think i found an optimal solution for ammo can labeling.


                          I made this target for the NRA's Marksman pistol test. I think it's a lot better than the paper plate they suggest.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Ki6vsm
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2013
                            • 2354

                            Originally posted by BigFatGuy
                            I'll admit, I was going to post something similar to teh "spelling nazi"... and I talked myself out of it... teh effort took a few minutes.

                            In teh end, what really did it was my knowledge that I have suffered teh slings and teh arrows of someone who liked to make fun of a particular typo that has been teh bane of my Internet existence.

                            I'll see if any of you have teh faintest idea of teh problem.
                            Nicely done. The common transposition of letters....

                            I see "ect." a lot. Etc. is short for "et cetera". Latin for "and the rest". But people get it close enough for Gov't work.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1