Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Does anyone make 223 bolt actions with iron sights?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    snowdog650
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 1108

    Remington Model 7 Laminate
    Savage Model 11 Hog Hunter
    Tikka (several)
    Sako (several)

    Comment

    • #32
      bluzman
      Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 462

      Originally posted by 23 Blast
      Only complaint I guess I'd have of this Mini-Mauser is that it has a proprietary, single-stack magazine. If they set up this .223 carbine with a true, 5-round internal, double stack magazine that sat flush with the bottom of the rifle, that would be the total titts machine.
      I agree. It would also be nice if there was a 10 rd mag. I guess I'm a just a sucker for rifles with expensive, proprietary mags, though ($40+ for 527). After all, I own a Ruger Mini-14, too. At least with the Mini 14, though, there are ProMag and John Masen mags available at a more reasonable price that have worked well for me.

      Comment

      • #33
        an actual gun
        Calguns Addict
        • Jun 2007
        • 5423

        The Mossberg Patrol takes AR mags, supposedly. Don't know if it's any good and it looks ugly as sin to me. Especially the stock and I'm not sure if you can replace it. Would still consider it though.

        All of these besides the Zastava seem too expensive for what you get if you ask me. That's the one thing that sucks my interest out of all these scout type rifles.

        Wish companies would make more cheap, banproof stuff.

        Comment

        • #34
          23 Blast
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 3754

          Originally posted by cbn620
          The Mossberg Patrol takes AR mags, supposedly. Don't know if it's any good and it looks ugly as sin to me. Especially the stock and I'm not sure if you can replace it. Would still consider it though.

          All of these besides the Zastava seem too expensive for what you get if you ask me. That's the one thing that sucks my interest out of all these scout type rifles.

          Wish companies would make more cheap, banproof stuff.
          I had a Mossberg MVP Patrol, and sold it. Action was just too rough for my taste. Was highly accurate, though.

          I think Ruger could make a killing if they made some iron-sighted rifles based on their Ruger American platform. I'm not sure their marketing department would be too keen on the idea of cannibalizing their own sales of the GSR, though. For those that own both, how do the actions compare?
          "Two dead?!? HOW?!?"
          [sigh] "Bullets, mortar fire, heavy artillery salvos, terminal syphilis, bad luck --- the usual things, Captain."

          Comment

          • #35
            offrdmania
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 4053

            The Rugers action is smooth like butter. Its tight when you first get it but cycling it about 1000 times to loosen it up and you can cycle it with 1 finger. So nice
            Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratings

            Comment

            • #36
              200Apples
              -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2011
              • 7217

              .

              Another vote here for the CZ. It's action is scaled down and is better-proportioned to the .223. I have a 527 in 7.62 X 39 and it's a real hotrod.

              The Ruger's action is huge. Better suited to the .308.
              .
              Last edited by 200Apples; 01-24-2016, 4:09 PM.
              .
              "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

              NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1