Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

? Question To CZ Owners...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Canadadry
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 1065

    What's the saying "A handgun is only to give you time to get your rifle". At the end of the day it's a proven fact that the handgun round is not that effective. A Wilson Combat other than being 45ACP is not more effective than my SP-01.

    I've had Ed Browns & Les Baer's and the only advantage they have is the trigger. I just had my SP-01 trigger job performed by Cajun Gun Works and that trigger is as good or better than any Semi Custom 1911. My SA pull is amazing.

    Comment

    • #17
      Lead Waster
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2010
      • 16650

      I would never pay more money to have a prettier finished interior.

      The problem is this...

      Year 2000 - price of CZ-75 is what, $400? It has a rough interior, but so what, it's a great shooter and it cost $400.

      Year 2014 - price of a CZ-75 is $550-650? It is the exact same gun as from 2000, so it has a rough interior. But now I'm outraged because it costs $550.
      ==================

      sigpic


      Remember to dial 1 before 911.

      Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

      There. Are. Four. Lights!

      Comment

      • #18
        durandal
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 1483

        Originally posted by Lead Waster
        I would never pay more money to have a prettier finished interior.

        The problem is this...

        Year 2000 - price of CZ-75 is what, $400? It has a rough interior, but so what, it's a great shooter and it cost $400.

        Year 2014 - price of a CZ-75 is $550-650? It is the exact same gun as from 2000, so it has a rough interior. But now I'm outraged because it costs $550.
        They haven't raised the price at all. our currency is just worth less.

        Inflation Calculator: $400 in 2000 has the same buying power as $552.92 in 2014.

        ---
        WTB: old cz75 with round trigger guard & spur hammer, sf bay

        Comment

        • #19
          customiiguy
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 1666

          Did u really expect it to stay at $400 forever? Lol

          Comment

          • #20
            Erion929
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 4706

            Wow, Lead....were you in a coma for the last 15 years? You're going to drive yourself bananas with thinking like THAT
            Join Active Junky for online rebates....$10 to both you and me!

            https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017


            Comment

            • #21
              stitch_paradox
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 1613

              OP, your question are valid and let me answer them because I'm of them that complained about CZ's quality.

              1.
              Originally posted by Ribkick
              My question, if you're not up to purchasing (for whatever reason) a premium 1911 model handgun such as Kimber (questionable), Les Bear, Wilson, STI, Swenson, Colt, or any of the myriad shops, etc.,
              Not every one likes a 1911. Period. I like my guns DA or DA/SA with decocker in 9mm. If you can find a premium 1911 wit that feature then let's talk. I was actually torn between getting a M9A1, Sig Elite, and the CZ SP01. I opted with the CZ because I had a good experience with my first SP01, hardly any tool markings. I didn't know that it's a hit and miss with their quality.

              2.
              Originally posted by Ribkick
              why do you expect your CZ to be finished inside and out with the finest fitting and machining that a premium 1911 would be expected to receive and demands the premium price?
              Why? Because if other companies can do it for a low price why can't CZ do it? I'm pretty sure other Calgunners here would agree that "clone" companies like Tangliofolio, EAA, Canik, Sarsilmaz, etc. have better quality and better prices than CZs. I guess this is where the factor of over hyped item and supply and demand comes in.


              3.
              Originally posted by Ribkick
              I also wonder why the firearm wasn't field stripped at the dealer
              I bought my gun from out of state and was transferred here through FFL. The dealer told me that he can't really return CZs so it was a gamble for me from the start. There no use of disassembling it during DROS if I can't even return it.

              4. Overall, in my experience buying a CZ is a hit and miss gamble. you may or you may not get a gun with bad tool marks. Does it shoot? Yes it does. Is it worth the price? No. I should have gone with another route.

              Comment

              • #22
                Hopalong
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 2436

                Americans are spoiled to the extent that everything from guns to fruit, has to be blemish free, and it becomes a habit.

                Keep in mind that the key work is "blemish" which does not mean "unsoundness".

                A "blemish" usually means a price reduction, and it's up to the consumer to decide if it's worth it or not.

                Comment

                • #23
                  mjmagee67
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 2771

                  People have champagne tastes on a beer budget. I would rather have a CZ or 2 or 3 than a $3000-4000 1911, buts that's just me. Now I have no problem paying that much for a custom 2011.
                  If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    himurax13
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 3895

                    I love cheap guns, that work well.

                    My RIA Tactical has a much better fit and finish than my Springfield Loaded.

                    My Canik Stingray has a much better fit and finish than any of my CZ's.

                    Does it mean I love my Springfield 1911 and CZ's less? Absolutely not.
                    Originally posted by Bumslie
                    HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                    Originally posted by Sleighter
                    Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                    Lifetime NRA member.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      tsoiky
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2013
                      • 852

                      Originally posted by himurax13
                      I love cheap guns, that work well.



                      My RIA Tactical has a much better fit and finish than my Springfield Loaded.



                      My Canik Stingray has a much better fit and finish than any of my CZ's.



                      Does it mean I love my Springfield 1911 and CZ's less? Absolutely not.


                      Same here. reliable and shoot well budget gun excite me. I have a last SSE spot in Dec and that spot goes to SAR B6P. I guess a manufacture making gun since 1880 is doing something right.

                      My Oct SSE was an EAA elite match in 9mm. Man this gun blow me away. A great pistol won't break my wallet. Shoot extremely well. Beautiful SA trigger.

                      However I still love my Jun SSE cz sp01



                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        DCF
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 1188

                        My CZ 75SA Shadow had a polycoat clump right on the dust cover and during SSE it scratches off the paint or polycoat on the slide. The gun is new from CZ Custom. Yet the CZ P07 that I just received has very nice finish on the slide and at almost half the cost of the CZ 75SA Shadow. I don't care how the internal look because I know the tool marks and finish are not pretty inside. Having a clump of polycost finish scratched the slide and it's a Shadow, I was somewhat disappointed. Plus the gun shoots 2.5 to 3 inches high at 10 yrds and it's been verify with another good shooter. Mine doesn't come with a test target so I have no idea if they zeroed the sight before they shipped it out.



                        Attached Files

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          CAGLS
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 3709

                          I would call Stuart asap about that for sure. They can re-polycoat the gun.
                          Originally posted by DCF
                          My CZ 75SA Shadow had a polycoat clump right on the dust cover and during SSE it scratches off the paint or polycoat on the slide. The gun is new from CZ Custom. Yet the CZ P07 that I just received has very nice finish on the slide and at almost half the cost of the CZ 75SA Shadow. I don't care how the internal look because I know the tool marks and finish are not pretty inside. Having a clump of polycost finish scratched the slide and it's a Shadow, I was somewhat disappointed. Plus the gun shoots 2.5 to 3 inches high at 10 yrds and it's been verify with another good shooter. Mine doesn't come with a test target so I have no idea if they zeroed the sight before they shipped it out.



                          Comment

                          • #28
                            DCF
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 1188

                            It's been a few months already. Are they still going to re-polycoat the pistol for me? I would like to ask if they can raise the front sight since the gun shoots high.

                            Originally posted by CAGLS
                            I would call Stuart asap about that for sure. They can re-polycoat the gun.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Canadadry
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 1065

                              The 75 was first produced in 1975. They probably use machines from back then. P07 & P09s are probably made using new manufacturing processes.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                davidwow
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 798

                                Originally posted by DCF
                                It's been a few months already. Are they still going to re-polycoat the pistol for me? I would like to ask if they can raise the front sight since the gun shoots high.
                                Never be afraid to ask questions.

                                Also give them a call, they are great guys over there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1