Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Arsenal Strike One

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    enegue
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 863

    Originally posted by scootle
    There is a lengthy discussion going on about this over in another forum if you aren't a part of it yet... lots of pictures here.

    Congrats though, you guys are likely a couple of very very few CA owners of the Strike One. Will be great to hear what you think of it when you take delivery!
    Ah, thanks. Will check it out.

    I ordered one through AudioPhil2 here on calguns. He may have a couple available. Should be able to DROS it next week and will definitely post up a review.

    Comment

    • #17
      penguinofsleep
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 2070

      is there a shop anywhere in OC where i can hold and handle one of these?

      the grip angle/shape looks like it may not work for everyone... that and the all important trigger.

      Comment

      • #18
        scootle
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Oct 2010
        • 2702

        There was mention in another thread that a LGS in the SFBA has two or three Strike One pistols in stock... for a cool $1300 or something exorbitant. No thanks.

        How much is AudioPhil shipping these for?
        SCC CCW *326 Days, $1051.29*
        Application: 2/27/2023 ($72.33)
        Original Interview: 12/21@1030|Actual: 4/13@0900
        'Informal" email Background complete: 9/19
        Email to schedule Psych: 10/27@1539 ($150)
        Psych Test: 11/3@0800|Psych Interview: 11/9@0900 (Dr.McKenzie)
        LiveScan: 11/9 (UPS Store $93+$25)|Livescan cleared: CA/FBI 11/9, Firearms 11/20
        LiveScan Email: 11/17@0842
        Training Email: 11/29@1007|Instructor: 1/10/2024 SaberTactics ($399+40)|Docs: 1/12
        Approval: 1/17@1346 ($264+$7.96)|Pickup: 1/19@1030

        Comment

        • #19
          static2126
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2013
          • 5619

          Talk to AudioPhil2. Great guy.

          They are expensive pistols, but they are so rare it's worth it.
          Last edited by static2126; 12-05-2014, 4:14 PM.

          Comment

          • #20
            lordres
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 500

            I had mine brought in at Gun Effects in Industry.

            Comment

            • #21
              jmf_tracy
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2007
              • 1242

              there are still 5 available on gunbroker from Sooner State Arsenal.
              Can't believe that there are not more Calgunners gonna get in on this.
              What better for your last SSE than an Arsenal Strike One?
              https://jeffreyprather.com/
              https://x22report.com
              https://www.outofshadows.org/
              RIP https://robertdavidsteele.com/ RIP

              Comment

              • #22
                pc_load_letter
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 2520

                Eh, maybe too many people remember the Caracal recall.

                Maybe they don't like the price, or the inability to change the sights...or the inability to get mags, spare parts, etc etc.

                Not surprising really.

                At $600, I'd be in, but not at $900.

                Comment

                • #23
                  lordres
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 500

                  Not being able to replace the sights is a valid concern. The mags are available, as I bought 3 additional mags with my gun. Spare parts aren't available on many new guns, including the popular HK VP9, but that doesn't mean you can't send a gun back for repairs if something happens.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    static2126
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 5619

                    Originally posted by pc_load_letter
                    Eh, maybe too many people remember the Caracal recall.

                    Maybe they don't like the price, or the inability to change the sights...or the inability to get mags, spare parts, etc etc.

                    Not surprising really.

                    At $600, I'd be in, but not at $900.

                    Don't think these were ever going to retail for 600. Eventual price may be 800, currently know people paying 1k for one (before shipping)

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      _TomT_
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 3354

                      I don't know, Arsenal Firearms' only other product is a $5600 double barreled 1911 that doesn't work.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        jmf_tracy
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 1242

                        yeah, those are some valid concerns.
                        However, i like the concept and engineering and i went ahead and bought one.
                        I doubt i will be disappointed, but we will see soon enough.
                        https://jeffreyprather.com/
                        https://x22report.com
                        https://www.outofshadows.org/
                        RIP https://robertdavidsteele.com/ RIP

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          pc_load_letter
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 2520

                          The big "feature" on these guns is the low bore access. I dunno, for $600ish, I could get a CZ P09 or P07 and have an excellent low bore access poly handgun. But for those that get one, congrats! I do like the colors they come in.

                          @Lordes, yeah, those came with your gun. What about in six months from now?

                          And regarding VP9 spare parts...something tells me there will be more spare parts and aftermarket support for the VP9 than the StrikeOne. Call me a realist I guess.

                          And to whom are you sending it back to for repairs, Italy? Have fun with that.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            scootle
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 2702

                            Not sure if others have seen this, but this is probably a big part of why people know about, and are interested in, this pistol:

                            Last edited by scootle; 12-09-2014, 1:11 PM. Reason: fixed youtube link
                            SCC CCW *326 Days, $1051.29*
                            Application: 2/27/2023 ($72.33)
                            Original Interview: 12/21@1030|Actual: 4/13@0900
                            'Informal" email Background complete: 9/19
                            Email to schedule Psych: 10/27@1539 ($150)
                            Psych Test: 11/3@0800|Psych Interview: 11/9@0900 (Dr.McKenzie)
                            LiveScan: 11/9 (UPS Store $93+$25)|Livescan cleared: CA/FBI 11/9, Firearms 11/20
                            LiveScan Email: 11/17@0842
                            Training Email: 11/29@1007|Instructor: 1/10/2024 SaberTactics ($399+40)|Docs: 1/12
                            Approval: 1/17@1346 ($264+$7.96)|Pickup: 1/19@1030

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              lordres
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 500

                              Originally posted by pc_load_letter
                              The big "feature" on these guns is the low bore access. I dunno, for $600ish, I could get a CZ P09 or P07 and have an excellent low bore access poly handgun. But for those that get one, congrats! I do like the colors they come in.

                              @Lordes, yeah, those came with your gun. What about in six months from now?

                              And regarding VP9 spare parts...something tells me there will be more spare parts and aftermarket support for the VP9 than the StrikeOne. Call me a realist I guess.

                              And to whom are you sending it back to for repairs, Italy? Have fun with that.
                              If I should need repairs, I'd be sending it back all the way to Oklahoma. International Firearm Corporation. Already asked.

                              If spare parts and aftermarket is what you're looking for, why would you even be buying an HK? Just get a glock or cz.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Captiontom
                                Member
                                • Jun 2013
                                • 464

                                Is the bore axis that much lower than a glock? Those rear sights are a big draw back

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1