Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SSE or sorry?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Topflight80
    Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 323

    Gold desert eagle .50 AE

    Comment

    • #32
      nikki#2
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 2164

      Originally posted by Sigbird

      You guys are shopping at the wrong gun stores if you need to SSE this MK-25.
      OK... Well then I get to change my vote.

      Shadow Target FTW!

      Comment

      • #33
        BennyW
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 708

        One thing I'd like to hear thoughts on is rationalizing an irrational choice. What I mean is, since I don't reload a 1911 in 38 super is a money pit. But down the road I might have the time and space to reload. Then I'd kick myself for not buying a nice 38 super or 10mm while I could.
        We are going to have a heck of a time as hobbyists for the next few years.

        Comment

        • #34
          GW
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2004
          • 16078

          The Rock Island 10MM was $775 otd at Digital Instincts
          sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

          Comment

          • #35
            rugerkp
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 789

            Same way here with 9mm

            Comment

            • #36
              glug
              Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 290

              Originally posted by rugerkp
              JD- I keep seeing people saying that but no one is producing any viable rationale about it.
              For a second I thought you were referring to iluvmycolt's post about getting an hk45 and cz

              Comment

              • #37
                Libtard
                Member
                • Jul 2014
                • 437

                Glock and the other makers will probably make their next-gen guns California compliant. It doesn't seem that difficult to design a pistol that can be listed on the roster. And if that happens, this whole SSE thing goes away.

                Comment

                • #38
                  SOAR79
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 2944

                  Originally posted by Libtard
                  Glock and the other makers will probably make their next-gen guns California compliant. It doesn't seem that difficult to design a pistol that can be listed on the roster. And if that happens, this whole SSE thing goes away.
                  wouldn't microstamping prevent this?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Browneye
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • 746

                    Geesh...the SSE thing is already going away 01-01-2015 by appropriations bill 1964, now signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown.

                    And yes, there will be no new guns on the roster due to the microstamping requirement. Smith & Wesson and Ruger are already out. The only guns remaining will be available as long as they are made and until their listing expires. In a short range of months there will be no 'safe guns' available in California. Period.
                    1911 Shooter

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Libtard
                      Member
                      • Jul 2014
                      • 437

                      Originally posted by SOAR79
                      wouldn't microstamping prevent this?
                      Oh. I have no idea.
                      I just noticed that California just added fourteen Smith & Wesson handguns to the roster, but maybe they fell under the exemption of being cosmetic-only changes to pre-approved products. Nowhere does it say that they have microstamping.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        riderr
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 6704

                        Originally posted by Libtard
                        Glock and the other makers will probably make their next-gen guns California compliant. It doesn't seem that difficult to design a pistol that can be listed on the roster. And if that happens, this whole SSE thing goes away.
                        Glock didn't make CA compliant Gen4 on a general principle. What makes your think they will change their mind now, when they have to add micro-stamping too?

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Libtard
                          Member
                          • Jul 2014
                          • 437

                          Originally posted by riderr
                          Glock didn't make CA compliant Gen4 on a general principle. What makes your think they will change their mind now, when they have to add micro-stamping too?
                          Yes, I stand corrected. Looks like the microstamp requirement is a bridge too far.

                          I'm guessing that somebody's going to sue, based on the Supreme Court's DC vs. Heller decision:
                          the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time”
                          . With the passage of time, and the inability of any handgun manufacturer to build compliant guns, it will become increasingly difficult for California to defend the position that it is not banning weapons which are "in common use" across the United States of America.

                          That is what this liberal Democrat thinks, anyway. As a liberal Democrat, I think the microstamp might be a great idea, but since it is infeasible, the smart thing would be for California to strike the requirement and try to keep the others, before a lawsuit strikes down the whole thing. But I'm not going to bet money on the Legislature doing something smart.
                          Last edited by Libtard; 08-15-2014, 3:11 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            rugerkp
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 789

                            ^ Joking no doubt?

                            Asking for someone else to do my homework, but does anyone know the effective dates of the microstamp? Just wondering when the roster will really begin to thin out? 2016-2017?

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Libtard
                              Member
                              • Jul 2014
                              • 437

                              Originally posted by rugerkp
                              ^ Joking no doubt?

                              Asking for someone else to do my homework, but does anyone know the effective dates of the microstamp? Just wondering when the roster will really begin to thin out? 2016-2017?
                              No, I really am a liberal Democrat. I just have "evolving" attitudes towards gun control, like, "If you already own four guns, why do you have to wait ten days before buying a fifth?"

                              As I said, the smart thing would be for the Legislature to strike out the microstamping provision, because it would then make it likely that manufacturers would develop the other "safety features" in their weapons. Otherwise, a court challenge could strike down the entire law.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                rugerkp
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2011
                                • 789

                                Rick rolling me?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1