Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield XD(m)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Slayer
    Banned
    • Apr 2008
    • 2373

    Originally posted by The SoCal Gunner
    I haven't tried an M&P but I have owned XDs before so I'm at least familiar with the trigger. Have you compared the ergonomics between the M&P and the XDm?

    Thing I don't like about the M&P is the mag disconnect and I actually prefer the looks on the XD and the XDm. Now that the XDm has changeable backstraps, the M&P doesn't have that advantage anymore. But of course no XDm in CA.
    I like the feel of the XD...but find the M&P easier to shoot. The mag disconnect isn't a big deal, don't know why people keep knocking it. I think the XDm looks tacky. I've shot two XDs....a tactical 9mm and the service .40. The 9mm had 3 FTE in three magazines....the .40 ran like a top. Don't know what the issue was, but I have had absolutely 0 malfunctions of any type in my M&P....over 1300 rounds and countless different shooters. Everyone who has shot it, loved it.

    Comment

    • #32
      Bob Hostetter
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 1291

      While you can't get the XDM here in Cali you can still get the regular XD and tune it up......

      Comment

      • #33
        Applehaus21st
        Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 287

        Seen it when I went to Vegas last month. Its okay.
        "You never know til you try"

        Comment

        • #34
          cseabass
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2006
          • 967

          Originally posted by doc66
          Has anyone shot or even held the new Springfield XD(m). Ive seen this gun in the recent American Rifleman magazine. It looks like a great gun. If anyone has any info on it, please share. The website just doesn't do justice when you want to be touchy feely with something you want to buy.
          though its not on the list ill have mine in the shop wednsday if everything goes right.

          Comment

          • #35
            leitung
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 2897

            Originally posted by Conker
            Awesome! Didn't think of that.

            Looking to get into the academy this November. Woohoo!
            Good deal, I just got my level 3 in march, going back this coming march for my level II..

            And yeah, California has made it so LEO's are above almost all firearms laws.. But that's just one of the perks!
            Former "Subject" of the People's Republic of California in "exile" in Washington State.

            Comment

            • #36
              Vinz
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2008
              • 2874

              Originally posted by cseabass
              though its not on the list ill have mine in the shop wednsday if everything goes right.

              oh go on...rub it in. LOL


              vinz
              Armis Exposcere Pacem
              VM-1 AMBI SLING PLATES stamped US made
              VM-1S Strap version ambi sling plate

              In Memory Of Babe....I also remember the Eggs and Country fried potatoes that went with that Bacon.

              Originally posted by Fot
              In before the penis measurements
              ROFL

              Comment

              • #37
                cseabass
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2006
                • 967

                Originally posted by Vinz
                oh go on...rub it in. LOL


                vinz

                i will say i wasnt even interested in them untill i handled one... wow. i dont like the old xd frame this one is substantially smaller. i have big hands and it fit me well. i handled it on a whim... and loved it.

                the trigger is noticeably better also. though its still an xd trigger.(im gonna have it played with i think.)

                Comment

                • #38
                  Vinz
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 2874

                  the changeable back strap is another nice feature for comfort...thanks for the words of envy. haa haaa



                  vinz
                  Armis Exposcere Pacem
                  VM-1 AMBI SLING PLATES stamped US made
                  VM-1S Strap version ambi sling plate

                  In Memory Of Babe....I also remember the Eggs and Country fried potatoes that went with that Bacon.

                  Originally posted by Fot
                  In before the penis measurements
                  ROFL

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1