Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.......

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    tamalpias
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 1984

    that looks like crud to me. I'd send it back on both guns. You pay custom pricing and should expect nothing less.

    Comment

    • #32
      Seaweed02
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 1650

      Really?

      Originally posted by Dave626
      nighthawk not really a High End 1911 in 1911 world

      Wow. I am new to the high end/priced 1911 pistols. But I have been lead to believe from all I have read on the forum, and seen on YouTube, that Nighthawks are one of the top notch 1911 pistols one can own. Right up there with Wilson Combat. Is that not the case?

      Comment

      • #33
        punisheryayarea
        In Memoriam
        • Apr 2009
        • 1932

        Originally posted by Seaweed02
        Wow. I am new to the high end/priced 1911 pistols. But I have been lead to believe from all I have read on the forum, and seen on YouTube, that Nighthawks are one of the top notch 1911 pistols one can own. Right up there with Wilson Combat. Is that not the case?
        They are IMO. I think people that are accustomed to high end 1911's they refer to (top named) pistol smiths that make a "full custom" top to bottom 1911 that cost near the 10 grand+ mark. That also comes with many years of wait time. But don't forget Wilson Combat and NightHawk are "Semi-Custom" or "Semi-Production". Not even a Wilson Combat "supergrade" is a full custom, but they are around 2/3 or so more than a "standard grade". But what makes or breaks a 1911 for me is the pistol smith themselves. IMO I believe there is such a thing as a "superior" pistol smith. And that being said EVERYONE has a bad day. Not saying a customer should get the down side of their bad day. I think this is where quality control comes in to play.
        Last edited by punisheryayarea; 06-03-2014, 7:07 PM.
        sigpic
        WTS JL audio 8W7 X2, JL audio 500/1v2, Alpine Ine-940, Stinger Cap!!
        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...5#post17991865
        WTS SIG MPX CARBINE, SIG MPX PISTOL, NIGHTHAWK CUSTOM PREDATOR, Acog in .308!
        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1186395

        Originally posted by Grunt81
        I'm serious.
        Are you one of those .45 elitists?

        Comment

        • #34
          Loubot10
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2012
          • 3078

          Custom means hand fitted. They compress the slide to get a perfect mating to the frame. That's what takes the lines off a perfect 90 degree angle.

          I have an expensive 1911. I paid a high price (in my world) for the hand fitting, accuracy, and balance. All of those things require adjustments that take place at the end of the process.

          That pistol saw 300 rounds the day after I bought it. Eight different people shot it and I have yet to clean it. I LOVE that gun!
          sigpic

          Originally posted by Lone_Gunman
          They want to be rulers. Well I don't effing want to be ruled, I want to be represented.

          Comment

          • #35
            bug_eyedmonster
            • Oct 2007
            • 3639

            Kelly,

            I've had problems like this with different custom 1911s I've had built over time. It happens, I wouldn't worry about it, especially if Nighthawk is going to fix it. I have a Nighthawk myself, I called them about a blemish that the gun came with new, and they are not willing to do anything about it... oh well.


            Jerry
            The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1