Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.45 CCW recommendations

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    TigerShark
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 751

    If you love the Shield 9, a logical upsize would be the Shield 40 (same form factor).
    I know you wanted to go 45 but there is a lot of good to be said of familiarity also.

    Comment

    • #32
      lincoln6echo
      Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 198

      Thanks for all the feedback. Accuracy and reliability were my first concerns which is why I made every effort to carry my trp when I had it. At the end of the day I want to balance the above with something reasonable to carry. If cost and CA restrictions were not at play id carry a s&w pc 1911, SA compact range officer, or a Kimber pro carry II. That said I found that I can shoot my shield almost as good as my trp with practice, but can avoid $$ loss if it were ever stolen or taken be LEO. I'd prefer to keep my carry .45 options between the 500-800 mark. I'd prefer to put anything extra towards a new upper build.

      Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • #33
        Marinos
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2012
        • 1722

        Are you against getting a Shield in 40 since you are already familiar with the platform? I'm not trying to turn this into a caliber debate but the Shield 40 can deliver the same energy or even more than a 45 in the same size with the right ammo.

        Comment

        • #34
          General
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 1984

          XDS .45

          Very accurate. Easy carry.


          Stag Lefty: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=938539
          Tavor: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=936320
          Last edited by General; 10-08-2014, 4:26 AM.

          Comment

          • #35
            Jasonaspears
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 1200

            Originally posted by General
            Very accurate. Easy carry.
            [ATTACH]329479[/ATTACH]

            Stag Lefty: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=938539
            Tavor: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=936320
            Love it. Been considering one

            Comment

            • #36
              luckystrike
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 4176

              a good holster and a bobtailed 1911 is a sweet setup

              Comment

              • #37
                mag360
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2009
                • 5198

                Even better. Golden state tactical doesnt have a month long wait to start dros.
                just happy to be here. I like talking about better ways to protect ourselves.

                Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

                CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

                NRA Member JOIN HERE/

                Comment

                • #38
                  manywelps
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 503

                  Originally posted by lincoln6echo
                  stolen or taken be LEO.
                  The first condition can be prevented by exercising reasonable caution, the second condition means it just saved your life.

                  I'm going to suggest one odd duck.

                  That's a Boberg XR45-S.

                  It even fires .45 Super.

                  It's expensive, but it's a carry weapon. Your call.

                  I'd recommend trying to shoot it first, but they're VERY uncommon.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    norcalcyclist
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Apr 2012
                    • 290

                    +1 for a Colt Defender - I love mine and carry it often

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      riderr
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2013
                      • 6700

                      Originally posted by OliveDrab
                      I got an XDs-45 as my edc, and I do... (Thank you oc) it is very accurate and manageable. As far as being slim and carrying... I appendix carry in a crossbreed appendix holster. It is comfortable and doesn't print
                      With short-barrel .45, you have to select ammo carefully and thoughtfully.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        aye_dre
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2014
                        • 729

                        Roommate has a Glock 30s. Subcompact 3.5 barrel. Perfect size for CCW along with reliability.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          SoCalEnthusiast
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2013
                          • 1734

                          get a G30, probably the best purchase I've ever made.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            norcalcyclist
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 290

                            Originally posted by riderr
                            With short-barrel .45, you have to select ammo carefully and thoughtfully.
                            Care to elaborate? My Sig Ultra Nitron, Kimber Ultra Covert II, and Colt Defender all feed any type of quality factory ammo (185gr, 200gr, and 230gr). Like most of my 1911's the 3" guns are just as susceptible to feeding issues due to magazines - which is why my CCW gun only uses Wilson Combat mags.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Sunday
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 5574

                              A 45 acp is just that much bigger and heavier than a 9mm. The 9mm with bonded bullets has all the punch needed.
                              California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                manywelps
                                Senior Member
                                • Jan 2013
                                • 503

                                Originally posted by norcalcyclist
                                Care to elaborate? My Sig Ultra Nitron, Kimber Ultra Covert II, and Colt Defender all feed any type of quality factory ammo (185gr, 200gr, and 230gr). Like most of my 1911's the 3" guns are just as susceptible to feeding issues due to magazines - which is why my CCW gun only uses Wilson Combat mags.
                                It's the expansion that's the issue.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1