Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

S&W Shields 9MM

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    riderr
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2013
    • 6704

    Originally posted by NYT
    i bought my 9mm shield (which typically fetches a higher price tag than its 40 cousin)
    I haven't noticed the price gap. It's actually wiser to get .40, since you can drop 9mm barrel in it

    Comment

    • #92
      NYT
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Apr 2011
      • 3811

      Originally posted by riderr
      I haven't noticed the price gap. It's actually wiser to get .40, since you can drop 9mm barrel in it
      there may not be a gap now. my father bought his 40 around the same time i SSE'ed my 9. i tend to notice that 9 barrels in 40s tend to be less accurate if not purposefully fit for the weapon. i have 9 barrels for my glock 23 and 27.

      of course with a firearm like the shield accuracy is less important for the distances intended.

      Comment

      • #93
        fmunk
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 3896

        Originally posted by riderr
        I haven't noticed the price gap. It's actually wiser to get .40, since you can drop 9mm barrel in it
        Wiser only if you already have both 40sw and 9mm in your collection and intend to shoot both. Otherwise it makes no sense to incur extra expense of barrel and magazines (not cheap!) just to have "two guns"—one of which you don't intend to use or won't get used much.

        And we all know that one or two magazines are never enough...


        FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

        Comment

        • #94
          TeddyBallgame
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2012
          • 5732

          not to get off topic, but, how hard would it be to get some Birchwood Casey Aluminum in black, and, use it to go over that red LCI on the sides, not to mention the writing on the top/
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #95
            riderr
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2013
            • 6704

            Some folks like a freedom of shooting two calibers at the expense of one gun and new barrel.
            .40 mags might work for 9mm as well.

            Comment

            • #96
              riderr
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2013
              • 6704

              Originally posted by NYT
              there may not be a gap now. my father bought his 40 around the same time i SSE'ed my 9. i tend to notice that 9 barrels in 40s tend to be less accurate if not purposefully fit for the weapon. i have 9 barrels for my glock 23 and 27.

              of course with a firearm like the shield accuracy is less important for the distances intended.
              yes, it's a tad less accurate, but with 3" barrel gun it's really non-issue.

              Comment

              • #97
                rsrocket1
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2010
                • 2772

                Originally posted by riderr
                yes, it's a tad less accurate, but with 3" barrel gun it's really non-issue.
                I don't think that it is any less accurate than the original barrel. Here is an A/B test while sitting at the bench through a chrony of my original M&P40 barrel and the M&P9 stock barrel (not a conversion barrel, just the M&P9 barrel).


                On another day, it was a little better with the 40


                I think the 9mm barrel in a 40 can be just as accurate as the original 40 barrel in the 40. This is with a M&P40 4.25" full size at 12 yards with 7/8" squares on the target. At SD distances will it matter? Probably not, but it's nice to know that a 9mm barrel is no less accurate than the 40. These are still way better than I can shoot off hand so again, it doesn't matter.

                Comment

                • #98
                  riderr
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2013
                  • 6704


                  1:21

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    pastureofmuppets
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2013
                    • 1805

                    Originally posted by JustEd
                    "1. What is special about a Shield in 9MM and what am I getting that I don't have with my Glock 17"

                    CONCEALABILITY!
                    That. I'm trying to figure if dropping to a G19 from an M&P Fullsize for the summer might be enough to stop wearing baggy shirts or just go for the Shield.
                    Host of the FAST OC podcast.

                    Comment

                    • Shenaniguns
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 6158

                      Originally posted by pastureofmuppets
                      That. I'm trying to figure if dropping to a G19 from an M&P Fullsize for the summer might be enough to stop wearing baggy shirts or just go for the Shield.
                      IMO it is!
                      My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                      Comment

                      • pacrat
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2014
                        • 10285

                        S&W Shield MSRP is $469

                        Standard OTC is bout $440 here in So LA Cnty. OTD price with taxes and DROS is $380.26 with the S&W First Responders Discount which knocks $120 off the top.

                        Turner's $439 sale price is Quantico's everyday price.

                        Standard shipping from them to a local FFL is $25.

                        just say'n
                        Last edited by pacrat; 06-18-2014, 4:59 PM.

                        Comment

                        • Baboosh
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 6769

                          We have them for $484 OTD and in stock

                          Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
                          Just a normal guy

                          Comment

                          • tacos3
                            • Nov 2013
                            • 499

                            I just bought one for $426+tax and DROS for $485 OTD at MTG in Elk Grove. Great peeps and selection in a small store. Props to Bob and his crew.
                            "never bother your enemy while he is making a mistake" ......Napoleon

                            Comment

                            • Guardian Mode
                              Member
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 412

                              I got one in jail, too! It's such a cute handgun.
                              When it gets out I'm gonna hug it and squeeze it.
                              And maybe we'll sing songs together.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1