Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

357 Sig

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    C.G.
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2005
    • 8251

    My two favorite handgun rounds are 9mm and .357 Sig. One negative about the .357 Sig is that it has a much larger flash signature at night time than 9mm.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      sakosf
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 1586

      There is a youtube video of several different brands of Sig .357 ammo being fired at night.....rather large flash.....but, there was at least one loading that had less flash compared to the others. Don't recall which load it was

      Comment

      • #18
        760knox
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 1395

        I have 8 Glock 357 sig mags for sale :-)
        YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSS...ms0ymGBQt_Jtdw

        Comment

        • #19
          Artema
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2012
          • 3821

          Originally posted by 760knox
          I have 8 Glock 357 sig mags for sale :-)
          Should point out if they're large, compact, or sub size.
          - SAAMI Pressure Specs
          Originally posted by Artema
          I'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.

          Comment

          • #20
            QXSOUP
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 989

            Originally posted by nitrous_bob
            can you go to walmart and buy it right now ? for $15/50 ???
            Nope you can't but I don't care because I shoot enough of it that I buy it in bulk online.

            Even if wal mart had it I wouldn't buy it there. I friggin hate that place.
            WTB: Sig P245 or P220 Compact

            STOP THE TUNNELS

            Comment

            • #21
              Deimos887
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2013
              • 1673

              Shooting .357sig with any regularity is a great excuse to start reloading, doesnt cost me much more than to reload 9mm or .40.

              Never shot .357sig before purchasing a Lone Wolf G31 barrel for my G22 in Oct, found a reputable source for "once fired" .357sig brass (in this case it appeared to literally be once fired, ordered 1000 cases for $70 all were headstamped Speer... probably sourced from a LE range) http://www.topbrassreloading.com/pro...brass-casings/

              And viola, add small pistol primers, powder of your choice and 124gr .355cal (9mm) bullets and youre cranking out standard - stout .357sig for approx the same price as reloaded 9mm or .40.

              Love the cartridge btw, shouldve bought that conversion barrel long ago.
              Last edited by Deimos887; 03-30-2014, 12:48 PM. Reason: bad url link

              Comment

              • #22
                JoshuaS
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2012
                • 1617

                Very first semiauto I shot was a Sig Sauer P229 DA/SA, Secret Service issued. A secret service agent was at the range the first time I went there with my first handgun and he let me shoot his agency issued gun in exchange for shooting my "cowboy gun" (Ruger Vaquero)

                To this day I shot it better than 9mm and 40 SW. And it was nicer than any handgun I have fired

                Comment

                • #23
                  sakosf
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 1586

                  Originally posted by JoshuaS
                  Very first semiauto I shot was a Sig Sauer P229 DA/SA, Secret Service issued. A secret service agent was at the range the first time I went there with my first handgun and he let me shoot his agency issued gun in exchange for shooting my "cowboy gun" (Ruger Vaquero)

                  To this day I shot it better than 9mm and 40 SW. And it was nicer than any handgun I have fired
                  The .357 Sig has a reputation of being more accurate then either the .40 or 9mm

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Don the savage
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 2094

                    Shoots very flat. I'm going to pick up a g33 for carry. And reloading is key for practice.
                    I support peace through superior firepower.
                    "Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

                    Originally posted by rsrocket1
                    Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Artema
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2012
                      • 3821

                      Originally posted by Don the savage
                      Shoots very flat. I'm going to pick up a g33 for carry. And reloading is key for practice.
                      I so want a G33, but I don't want a gun that fat. I wish they made a single stack, like the PPS, or if someone just made a 357 barrel for the .40 PPS.
                      Last edited by Artema; 03-30-2014, 9:46 AM.
                      - SAAMI Pressure Specs
                      Originally posted by Artema
                      I'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        TopGun551
                        Junior Member
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 38

                        Originally posted by digdug74
                        Picked up a .357 sig conversion barrel for my G35 recently. Had no experience with the round previously but so far I'm liking the shooting characteristics.
                        May I ask where you got the barrel and how much it cost? I have a G35 that I'd like to shoot .357 Sig with.

                        Thanks.
                        A weapon system is not a "platform"--a platform is a raised stage whereon pro-gun control politicians stand and give inane "guns are evil" speeches trying to neuter our 2nd Amendment rights.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          digdug74
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 1042

                          Originally posted by TopGun551
                          May I ask where you got the barrel and how much it cost? I have a G35 that I'd like to shoot .357 Sig with.

                          Thanks.
                          I found it locally over at Glockmeister in Mesa, Az. They stock the Storm Lake barrels and I have 3 of them now (a couple of 9mms and the one .357 Sig). They're a bit pricey but all three have turned out to be not only completely reliable but also total tack driver's to boot. I think I paid around $150.00 each for the two (bare) stainless 9mm barrels and about $180.00 for the .357 barrel which is blackened stainless. I would have preferred just the bare stainless but the blackened was all they had. If you shop around on line, though, you can find them cheaper. I've seen the Storm Lake .357 barrels on both Midway USA and Brownell's for $140.00 - $150.00. They carry all the other brands as well (Lone Wolf, BarSto, etc.).

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            XDRoX
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 4420

                            It's not fun to reload.
                            Chris
                            <----Rimfire Addict


                            Originally posted by Oceanbob
                            Get a DILLON...

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              penguin0123
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2011
                              • 3089

                              Originally posted by XDRoX
                              It's not fun to reload.
                              It is just like any other bottleneck cartridge. No worse than .223 or 30 Luger.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Rickrock1
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Jan 2012
                                • 5158

                                My wife has the G32 and loves it very accurate with plenty of HP
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1