Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

kimber front strap vs wife's ring....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    mievil
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 1788

    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
    Of course, you could put some grip tape over the affected area.
    Grip tape = Sand paper......vs wedding ring......no thanks. lol. That ring cost more than the gun.

    Comment

    • #17
      Lead Waster
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2010
      • 16650

      Although I understand the frustration, you'll get over it. Things get scratched, the sooner you embrace that, the sooner you'll live a better Life!
      ==================

      sigpic


      Remember to dial 1 before 911.

      Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

      There. Are. Four. Lights!

      Comment

      • #18
        44fred
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 2399

        Originally posted by mievil
        Grip tape = Sand paper......vs wedding ring......no thanks. lol. That ring cost more than the gun.
        Right hand, not wedding ring.
        "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

        "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

        "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
        -- Thomas Jefferson

        Comment

        • #19
          cindynles
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 2806

          In Soviet California, ring doesn't scratch Springfield, Springfield scratches ring.

          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

          Comment

          • #20
            JDay
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Nov 2008
            • 19393

            That looks like my Sig 1911's front strap.
            Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

            The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

            Comment

            • #21
              SILENT GUNMAN
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 1468

              The first scratch is always the worst. But like others have said, it adds character. Maybe you should get some wrap around grips so it won't happen again? The first gun my wife ever fired was my Kimber TLE II. She won't go to the range with me unless I bring it. She chose an xd .40 for SD but still prefers my Kimber for the range.
              "Suck on my machine gun" (Ted Nugent)

              Originally posted by Fishslayer
              "9mm is for killing Europeans. For truly dangerous people you need a .45."
              Originally posted by fighterpilot562
              I showed up naked to ur house with cake. But you weren't home. YOur wife maced me. And I was arrested

              Comment

              • #22
                Fishslayer
                In Memoriam
                • Jan 2010
                • 13035

                Well... nothing you can do about what's there but to prevent future damage the answer is obvious.

                Buy the wife her own 1911.
                "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                Originally posted by redcliff
                A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Roering
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2014
                  • 688

                  Is the wife's ring made of gold?

                  Seems odd if so seeing as how gold is a pretty soft metal.

                  You could just take the ring off before shooting. Would probably make for a more comfortable grip I suppose.

                  I take mine off all the time for various sports, household chores, going to bed at night, etc. etc. but I know some people prefer to never take theirs off.

                  If your wife is in the latter crowd she could always put something around it but buying her her own 1911 is a better move!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    coy80176
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 1917

                    Shoot it

                    Originally posted by smittty
                    I'm not worried about it. Today was only the 2nd time I took my wife shooting.

                    I'll keep this kimber and someday I'll point out that those marks are hers. I bet my kids would value this in the future....mom's ring marks on dad's gun!
                    with your ring on as well... Complete the territorial markings


                    "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power... like God must feel when he's holding a gun." - Homer

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      mievil
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 1788

                      Originally posted by 44fred
                      Right hand, not wedding ring.
                      D'oh. Sorry. I fail at basic reading comprehension.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        trigger945
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 5795

                        ^^^ I must say that some cultures wear the wedding bad on the right ring finger... So you were not a TOTAL fail bro
                        One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

                        AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Mr. Gillious
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 1549

                          Give new meaning to "idiot scratch"

                          kidding!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Gutz
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 4127

                            You sissy! Man up!!! It's a dang gun.
                            jk

                            Make her buy you a new Kimber.
                            1A - 2A= -1A :(

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Vin63
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2012
                              • 1218

                              Originally posted by cindynles
                              In Soviet California, ring doesn't scratch Springfield, Springfield scratches ring.
                              …Kimber incoming!

                              Yep, that 20 LPI checkering on my TMs and TRP is pretty aggressive.
                              CH3NO2

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                creampuff
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 3730

                                While my wife isn't a gunny, she isn't opposed to my firearms either. I've taken her shooting several times, and she is decent shot, certainly better than some guys I have taken shootings for the first time.

                                Consider yourself lucky. Your wife had a great time, and she isn't one of those wives that you hear about on this forum, where we have to hide the guns. In the long run, you have a winner. The only downside is a scratched Kimber. I'd say it is still worth it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1