Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

HK SP-89 good or not?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • miles2912
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 57

    HK SP-89 good or not?

    The value of these things has gone up the last time I looked. Is it just because they are not made anymore? They look like a big clunky pistol.
  • #2
    radd
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jun 2006
    • 419

    No practical reason to have one at all in semi-auto format, in my opinion, especially in Caflifornia. Pure collection value.

    Radd
    PRK Compliant Devices:

    AK Raddlock Magazine LockAR Raddlock Magazine Lock/ButtonAR57 Raddlock Magazine LockHK Raddlock Magazine Lock Kit for HK MP5/G3/91 SeriesHK USC/UMP Raddlock Magazine LockHK SL8 Raddlock Magazine LockPSL/Romanian Dragunov Raddlock Magazine LockMSAR STG-556 Raddlock Magazine Lock

    Comment

    • #3
      aplinker
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2007
      • 16762

      and exotic value... great range toy and they're fun to shoot, though!

      Completely impractical.

      Google Map of OLL Dealers

      List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
      Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
      This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

      Comment

      • #4
        eviioiive
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 1620

        the real thing is alooot more fun....
        Originally posted by Kestryll
        Your name has been publicly printed in newspapers and on the web, your expectation of privacy is flat gone.
        Originally posted by CALGUNS.NET
        You have been banned for the following reason: posting other member's personal info without permission. I don't care what your reasoning is that is not allowed.

        Comment

        • #5
          pTa
          Senior Member
          • May 2008
          • 1045

          Our neighbor in Neva had a Hk94 which was silensed. Ithought itwas prettycool.
          Isnt the sp89 the same thing without shuldr stock?
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Saigon1965
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Nov 2003
            • 17278

            Cool toy - Good for ****s and giigles.

            Comment

            • #7
              QuarterBoreGunner
              Administrator
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 9389

              For a big clunky 9mm pistol they're alright.
              /Chris

              I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

              You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
              Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
              Like who?
              Farmers.
              Who else?
              Farmers' mums.

              Comment

              • #8
                X-NewYawker
                In Memoriam
                • May 2008
                • 5993

                Originally posted by QuarterBoreGunner
                For a big clunky 9mm pistol they're alright.
                Exactly! I had one back before the ban that was tricked out with laser fore end, H&K Claw mount, etc -- and what I basically had was a very hard to handle, heavy 9mmm pistol!

                I sold it and got a GLOCK 17L and a bunch of GLOCK 33 round mags and had a way more useful gun.

                BUt of course, since we are Americans, If you NEED to have it go ahead!

                Comment

                • #9
                  Saigon1965
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 17278

                  Originally posted by X-NewYawker
                  BUt of course, since we are Americans, If you NEED to have it go ahead!

                  Nice -

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    tonelar
                    Dinosaur
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 6081

                    Mine's fine. It's scheduled for a folding stock (SBR) and mebbe a silencer when I retire and move to the desert...
                    If I had to buy one today; I wouldn't be interested in a bullet button version.

                    Originally posted by miles2912
                    The value of these things has gone up the last time I looked.
                    Really? They were fetching higher premuims in the days before the Clinton ban ended. Also, haven't those guys been selling their SP89s forever on here?
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      redcliff
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 5676

                      Originally posted by pTa
                      Our neighbor in Neva had a Hk94 which was silensed. Ithought itwas prettycool.
                      Isnt the sp89 the same thing without shuldr stock?
                      Not quite the same; SP89's have a shorter receiver and cocking tube, along with the short barrel. You would need an adapter to put a hk94 buttstock on an SP89.
                      "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                      "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
                      "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

                      "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
                      although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        miles2912
                        Junior Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 57

                        I saw them for 3k or so late 90's. Looks like they are pushing 5k now. I was just amazed at the price back then.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          oghl888
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2005
                          • 612

                          It's probably easier for novice or those not fully skilled in the basic shooting techniques to hit a man size target at 10 yards (vs. a 9mm handgun). That in itself is worth the money: say if your wife doesn't want to join you more than once a year at the shooting range, but still want to be able to protect herself when needed.

                          But then again, a Ruger PC9 will do the same for 10% of the cost (without the cool factor, of course).

                          OK, if your wife buys thousands of dollars worth of LV purses, loves BMW/Mercedes badges on her cars, and don't want to join you at the range a few times a year, this would be the gun for her !!!!

                          But then again, she probably shouldn't have a gun. I can't win here with my own logic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            tonelar
                            Dinosaur
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 6081

                            The SP89 was well worth the price it was introduced at here in the eightyies. I bought mine back then (it was running double the price of a Colt 1911 9mm). So, if it were still double the price of a Colt 1911 in 9mm today (@ under $2K)
                            I'd buy one again. But at much over that price it seems like your money could be spent more wisely.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              saki302
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 7191

                              It is not easier to hit a man sized target or rapid fire these, despite what the dems might claim.

                              They are neat for pure collector value, or for SBR projects out of state. The one BIG thing people forget that drives the value up is that people like to use them for Class III sear hosts- it's an easy way to build an MP5K if you have a registered auto sear. That's what my uncle uses his for.. Rate of fire is crazy fast (read: fun!).

                              It's also the only H&K 9mm MP5 pattern gun you can still buy here, if you can find one.

                              -Dave

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1