Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.22 auto choices

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    fendter
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 531

    16 responses in and nobody yet has asked for a pic of the wife. This is a new record.

    Comment

    • #17
      trigger945
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2012
      • 5795

      Is the .22 handgun for you or for her?

      If for her, ask her what she wants or if she even wants to own one.

      If for you to share with her, ask her what she might want.

      Either way, try renting a few from various ranges and go from there.

      Off the top of my head, the Rugers and Brownings are good but I do not own any (friends own some of them so I just borrow theirs ).

      I have a Mosquito and the trigger is not the best - definitely not my choice of gun for precision shooting.

      I like my 1911-22 the best, followed by my revolver in .22 cal.

      S&W 22A1 is a good all-around gun for not much $ so worthwhile to look into.

      Good luck!
      One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

      AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

      Comment

      • #18
        morrcarr67
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jul 2010
        • 15053

        No longer on the roster but if you can find a used one at a good price i say go for it. It has done great with everything I've feed it.

        Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

        Originally posted by Erion929

        Comment

        • #19
          Old4eyes
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2010
          • 1757

          There will be a run an Ruger products with their announcement of dropping pistol sales in California, so be ready to jump if that's the way you are leaning.

          Remind the wife that a heavier pistol will help reduce recoil. With that said, look at the Ruger 22/45 models, they are lighter that the Hunter/Target Mark III series. Look at the tapered barrel models, they will weigh less but will have fixed sights.

          The SR22 would have been a great possibility, but it is now off roster.

          I never got into the Buckmark line, but with Ruger potentially out of the picture that might be the next line to look at.
          Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - On second thought, hold the Lawyers.

          Comment

          • #20
            morrcarr67
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2010
            • 15053

            Another choice would be any of the Colt Woodsman and their brother models. They are all C&R; even the Huntsman made into the '70's, and there for are roster exempt.

            Here is my 1950 made Colt Challenger. I stole this one for $240 in July of 2012.

            Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

            Originally posted by Erion929

            Comment

            • #21
              Canucky
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 4265

              There are many choices as posted already. Go with a Ruger MKIII. I'm not a fan the heel release on MKII"s. Regardless if they do fall of the roster, if you don't like it selling it will be easy. And sadly profitable. Out of the box, Buckmark triggers blow away Ruger's.

              Comment

              • #22
                Alexander831
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2013
                • 958

                My wife loves my sig-sauer 1911-22. It has over 2000rnds thru it without a single malfunction, it eats any kind of ammo. It's incredibly accurate with no recoil at all. The best thing would be to go take your wife to the range and rent as many 22s as u can and see what she falls in love with. Good luck op.

                Comment

                • #23
                  iluvmycolt
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2013
                  • 3247

                  I don't own a mosquito, but know several people who do. And like those who posted on here mosquito's are picky with ammo. Anyhow, I own a ruger mark lll and that thing eats up anything I feed it.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    TATER313
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 1481

                    ruger MkII or III shoots great and reliable.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Furncliff
                      Member
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 430

                      New.. look at the sig 1911-.22 or the GSG 1911-22 (same gun). I bought a used one and it's been reliable, my daughter likes it.

                      Used... check out any of the High Standard pistols, the women in my family like this pistol a lot.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Trenchfoot
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 7293

                        If the gun is for her, see if she likes the feel of a CZ, and then get the Kadet Kit to go with it. This way once she feels more comfortable with the .22, the 9mm is going to feel the same in her hand.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          BigPimping
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 21487

                          SR22 or a Walther is my bag.
                          sigpic

                          PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                          When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                          Don't let your history be a mystery

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            randomBytes
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 1607

                            My 13yo (very small for her size) was able to cope fine with my Ruger MkIII competition model. The only gripe I have with the thing is stripping it for cleaning is a *****. If you want a serious target pistol S&W41 is better (though twice the price of the ruger), otherwise the ruger is very hard to beat.

                            Oh yes, and always start new shooters on .22
                            My 13yo could shoot a 1" group at 7 yards with .22, when she eventually decided to try 9mm,
                            1st shot was in the 10 ring, 2nd shot was off the paper! A perfect example of flinching.
                            Last edited by randomBytes; 01-19-2014, 12:02 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              cc426
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 647

                              Stay away from the mosquito. They are problematic and picky with ammo. With how hard it's been to find. 22 I would want something that shots any ammo I can find.

                              The m&p22 would get my vote. Or check out the gsg or sig 1911-22 (same gun just different branding) if you want something more ergonomic for smaller hands or a little more heft so it feels more like a "real gun"

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                SoCalPI
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 1994

                                Originally posted by rambutan316
                                I highly recommend the Browning Buckmark. Very accurate, fun, and balances great in anyone's hands.
                                I second this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1