Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help me pick a railed 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Josh3239
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2006
    • 9200

    On roster: TRP full rail
    Off roster expensive: STI Tactical
    Off roster cheap: RIA 2011

    Full rail > half rail every day of the week

    Comment

    • #17
      Hank15
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2011
      • 995

      What's the difference in quality between a Brazillian forged 1911 and an American forged 1911?

      I am guessing it's really just the roll stamp but someone correct me if I am wrong.

      Comment

      • #18
        redcliff
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2008
        • 5676

        Originally posted by Hank15
        What's the difference in quality between a Brazillian forged 1911 and an American forged 1911?

        I am guessing it's really just the roll stamp but someone correct me if I am wrong.
        The roll stamping isn't different if most of the machining is done in the US on a Brazilian forging; NM serial prefix SA's and their Custom Shop models are considered US made and there is no "made in Brazil" on them.

        Imbel forgings are top notch imho which is one of the reasons top 1911 smiths have no issues with using them for builds.
        "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
        "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
        "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

        "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
        although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

        Comment

        • #19
          falar
          Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 499

          Originally posted by AeroEngi
          You'd have a very difficult time finding a 1911 that's better than the Springfield Professional.
          2700 bucks for a gun and it still has 2 MIM parts?

          No thanks.

          I voted for Dan Wesson Specialist.

          If you want to go cheap and spend 1/2 I see a few have suggested the Sig Scorpion. I had one for a while and it is a good gun for hte money with some features that you can't find on anything else in its price range. I did end up selling it though because de-MIMing it proved more exhaustive then I originally thought.
          Last edited by falar; 10-30-2013, 7:30 PM.

          Comment

          • #20
            Malmon
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 1178

            Among the railed 1911's that I have, the obvious winner is the TRP operator. It has a bull barrel to tame the recoil for quicker shots and the grip's sharp front strap checkering makes it stick to your hand like its glued. It is accurate and reliable.

            My railed 1911's : Full-rail trp op, half-rail trp op, long beach op (black mc op), Dan Wesson Black Duty Specialist, and Kimber pro tle/rl.

            Attached Files

            Comment

            • #21
              AeroEngi
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 2887

              Originally posted by falar
              2700 bucks for a gun and it still has 2 MIM parts?

              No thanks.

              I voted for Dan Wesson Specialist.

              If you want to go cheap and spend 1/2 I see a few have suggested the Sig Scorpion. I had one for a while and it is a good gun for hte money with some features that you can't find on anything else in its price range. I did end up selling it though because de-MIMing it proved more exhaustive then I originally thought.
              MIM parts or not, that gun will outperform pretty much any 1911 out there.

              Comment

              • #22
                Hank15
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2011
                • 995

                The roll stamping isn't different if most of the machining is done in the US on a Brazilian forging; NM serial prefix SA's and their Custom Shop models are considered US made and there is no "made in Brazil" on them.

                Imbel forgings are top notch imho which is one of the reasons top 1911 smiths have no issues with using them for builds.
                Then why do people keep complaining?

                Comment

                • #23
                  sirgiles
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 2311

                  other.

                  CQB lightrail lightweight professional.
                  Wilson Combat has been the innovator in custom pistols, long guns, and accessories since 1977. Home of the Wilson Combat 1911, EDC X9, WCP320, and more!
                  "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

                  Bruce Lee

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Uglyd
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2013
                    • 1320

                    Originally posted by ptoguy2002
                    If it ain't a Colt, its a copy.....
                    . . . that may actually function.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Uglyd
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2013
                      • 1320

                      The specialist is the best option you have listed. I have owned all of those 1911's minus the Colt. But this thread is just gonna start a brawl anyway. Hahaha
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        ptusa
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 860

                        Originally posted by Hank15
                        Then why do people keep complaining?
                        Who's complaining?

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          ptusa
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 860

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Sabesimpson
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 1633

                            My sig is super nice! I hunk you will be happy with whatever you pic!
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            Sent from a hand held device!
                            Apologies for any typos.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Sabesimpson
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 1633

                              That was think don't know where "hunk" came from
                              Stupid auto correct probably
                              sigpic
                              Sent from a hand held device!
                              Apologies for any typos.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                cc426
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 647

                                Originally posted by Damiiaaannn
                                Springfield Professional LR. It's the best of the best.
                                I agree, now how do we convince my wife the same thing...?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1