Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best subcompact ever!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    robcoe
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2010
    • 8685

    Best is a matter of personal taste more than any real empirical measurement.

    personally I like the colt 1903, and while the sights are not great I know I can tag a 2 liter with it at 30 yards on the first shot.
    Yes, I am an electrical engineer.
    No, I will not fix your computer.

    Comment

    • #17
      saki302
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 7191

      The modern guns shoot just fine.

      Most people just can't work with their crappy triggers

      I was able to consistently hit the first row of swinging plates at Angeles with my Grendel P-10 before it broke- I guess I shot it too much! The new pocket guns are considerably better (As far as reliability goes!).

      Try a Colt Mustang- nice and easy to shoot with that crisp SA trigger.

      -Dave

      Comment

      • #18
        zombiescanlearn
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 1942

        Originally posted by robcoe
        Best is a matter of personal taste more than any real empirical measurement.

        personally I like the colt 1903, and while the sights are not great I know I can tag a 2 liter with it at 30 yards on the first shot.
        I concur. But it would be a really long title if I wrote out all that

        The Colt 1903 has been on my wanted list but it's hard to find.

        Comment

        • #19
          Dr.Lou
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 775

          Love the PPK/s! Used to carry one for backup until I found the Sig 230/232. It's little bigger than the PPK, but the alloy frame version is much lighter than the all steel PPK - that sucker heavy!!
          sigpic
          NRA Benefactor Member

          Comment

          • #20
            Shenaniguns
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2006
            • 6158

            Originally posted by zombiescanlearn
            I find that most of the "modern" subcompacts like the Kel Tec or the LC9 are more "get the f&*k off of me" guns. Your target has to be on top of you. They don't compare to the likes of the PP/PPK pistols in accuracy and handling when you have to shoot with any kind of distance. The new age subs are so bad when you have to reach out with some distance, chances are you'll be out of luck.

            Then try an XDs 9mm which shoots very well to 25 yards/75 feet and beyond...
            My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

            Comment

            • #21
              zfields
              CGN Contributor
              • Aug 2010
              • 13658

              Originally posted by zombiescanlearn
              Damn!!! Looks like I have to pick me up another gun! That's why I hate these forums! LOL.

              But I thought you shot *all the subcompacts*?
              Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

              10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

              Comment

              • #22
                zombiescanlearn
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 1942

                Originally posted by zfields
                But I thought you shot *all the subcompacts*?
                Learn something new everyday

                Comment

                • #23
                  Gottmituns
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2012
                  • 763

                  The P-64 is one nice (and very powerful) blowback subcompact gun.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    MrExel17
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 9170

                    Digg it, Shaken not Stirred! Thanks for sharing!
                    "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      zombiescanlearn
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 1942

                      Originally posted by kylemurdoc
                      Cool video. I might end up getting one considering how many 380 reloads I have laying around.
                      Or you can just sell them reloads to me for cheap

                      This PP shoots 32ACP. I think there are some that shoots 380, but I haven't been able to find one yet.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        zombiescanlearn
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 1942

                        Originally posted by MrExel17
                        Digg it, Shaken not Stirred! Thanks for sharing!
                        Thanks for watching. I thought that it would be a fun way to show the gun in action than just the usual reviews that you see on Youtube.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          zombiescanlearn
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 1942

                          Originally posted by Gottmituns
                          The P-64 is one nice (and very powerful) blowback subcompact gun.
                          I think I read somewhere that it was the sidearm for the Viet Cong right? What caliber does it come in?

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            zombiescanlearn
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2011
                            • 1942

                            Originally posted by Shenaniguns
                            Then try an XDs 9mm which shoots very well to 25 yards/75 feet and beyond...
                            Had one, didn't fit my hand right. Missed a lot. Operator error I'm sure of it, but I just couldn't get it to work for me.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              SNCaliber
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2012
                              • 3222

                              very nice I've always wanted one of those
                              -Sang

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Shenaniguns
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 6158

                                Originally posted by zombiescanlearn
                                Had one, didn't fit my hand right. Missed a lot. Operator error I'm sure of it, but I just couldn't get it to work for me.

                                You're talking about the new Single Stack XDs correct?
                                My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1