Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 Reliability: Myths vs Facts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AmericanRedoubt
    Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 244

    Dvrjin, that article helped me to to stick with my Glocks for their reliability. It matches the advice of James Yeager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzmkGgQLCMA



    In Yeager's video '1911s Suck Part 2', the Sales Director of Wilson Combat (who has been making 1911s for 27 years according to the Director) says, "You cannot take a production 1911 and have it perform the same as a production Glock, Smith & Wesson, Sig." He said he agrees with Yeager's video called '1911's Suck Part 1'. The Director said a 1911 works well when the components are hand-fitted like Wilson does and that part quality and tolerances are the most important factor and that the 1911 design doesn't perform well when machine mass produced without hand-fitting.

    Thank you Dvrjin for that excellent article.
    See part 3 of Yeager's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lsA4KVPbew

    I must admit, 1911 is the prettiest semi-auto ever made.

    Originally posted by Dvrjon
    I don't disagree. However, the same rag magazine published the counterpoint:
    http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250

    JR


    ----

    NRA Life Member; also member of GunOwners.org of America, NRAila.org, Second Amendment Foundation SAF.org, CalGunsFoundation.org, CRPA.org, GunOwnersCA.com, NSSF.org, JPFO.org, Permies.com, thesurvivalpodcast.com Member Support Brigade, Wolf Pack member at thesurvivalistblog.net, Permaculture Homesteader, Minister. https://www.youtube.com/user/WesternRedoubt, https://twitter.com/AmericaRedoubt, https://plus.google.com/u/0/100074989588861962432, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ameri...43830355647369

    Comment

    • stormvet
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Mar 2010
      • 12681

      This debate really just boils down to personnel opinion. What gun works best for me likely will not work best for you. But if you are adiment that this or that gun is better for everyone and is always better then that gun, you have an agenda for whatever reason to discredit one type of gun and build up another.
      Just because someone says so don't mean diddle to me, if my hands on exsprience has shown me different. For you it may be a totally different out come. I don't know but for me, I know. You can talk or type till your blue in the face or fingers won't matter to me. Because I know for a fact what works for me.
      I own 9 Glocks, 3 CZ's, Beretta, Browning, FN, Sig, Kahr, S&W, Ruger and have owned XD, XDm, and others that slip my mind. All darn good guns, that I would feel confidant with. With 9 Glocks, I guess you can guess that I like them a lot.
      But at the end of the day when all is said and done, I will take my 7 1911s over any of the above mentioned guns. Not because their better, but because their better for me and that's all I really care about in this discussion about handguns.
      Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

      Comment

      • Artema
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 3821

        I have a Glock 20SF and a Kimber 1911 in 10mm. The Glock is beautiful, with a digital camo duracoated slide. It's for sale! The Kimber wins.
        - SAAMI Pressure Specs
        Originally posted by Artema
        I'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.

        Comment

        • noob_tube
          • Jan 2010
          • 4964

          Can't we all just get along???



          Originally posted by POLICESTATE
          Americans who seek to take away liberty and property from others are not true Americans. You cannot be an enemy of freedom and be an American.

          Americans who are not self-reliant and depend on government to take care of them are not Americans. You cannot depend on government and be free.

          Comment

          • capo
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2007
            • 4756

            I've fired three 1911's in my lifetime, one Kimber and two Smith's. I experienced malfunctions with all three. Personally, not a fan.

            Comment

            • DArBad
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 3002

              I like the 1911 a lot, the Kimber brand in particular. I don't really care what others shoot and likes to buy, but for my money, the Kimbers are it.

              I shall continue to buy more, money permitting.

              Comment

              • RobertMW
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2013
                • 2117

                Originally posted by noob_tube
                Can't we all just get along???



                Actually, I think you mean this. I didn't think anybody actually did this.... http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=559
                Originally posted by kcbrown
                I'm most famous for my positive mental attitude.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1