Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New m&p

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Brandon04GT
    In Memoriam
    • Feb 2011
    • 3016

    Originally posted by drifter2be
    None of mine (full size, compact and shield) have a mag disconnect.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Originally posted by joefrank64k
    My M&P40L Pro doesn't have a mag disconnect safety...
    Hmm of course...more incorrect info from Turners lol

    Comment

    • #32
      Powder_Keg
      Senior Member
      CGN Contributor
      • Jan 2013
      • 2203

      I always field stripping my new guns and inspect them. I then run an oil patch down the barrel. Most of my guns have always been GTG from the factory, but my M&P 9 barrel had grit, dust or small debris in it. If the rails look dry, I'll add a small amount of oil.

      Everyone has there preference for oil, I use CLP for the metal to metal contact areas and MPro7 for the external surfaces and for storage.

      On another note, my 2013 M&P9 came with the magazine disconnect installed. The link below is what I used to remove mine. http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&P2.htm

      Enjoy your new M&P!

      Comment

      • #33
        Brandon04GT
        In Memoriam
        • Feb 2011
        • 3016

        ^^ Does the magazine disconnect make any permanent changes to the frame on the gun? In other words, once you remove it, are the internals 100% identical with an M&P that came from the factory without one?

        Comment

        • #34
          dracer
          Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 277

          the manual for my shield said to clean before shooting
          Never leave your cave... with out your club Mark Walters

          Comment

          • #35
            drifter2be
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 2177

            Originally posted by Brandon04GT
            Hmm of course...more incorrect info from Turners lol
            LOL, I'd bet money that good ol' Di-Fi knows more about guns than pretty much any clown behind the gun counter at Turners
            Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L Mencken
            Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo

            "Moms Demand Action" sounds less like a gun control group and more like the title of a porn flick from the mid-90s.

            Comment

            • #36
              Kmai24
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 1220

              I use royal purple on all of my firearms. Cheap for a qt and will last forever. 5w-30 on my wife's m&p9c. Just like everyone else noted, don't over do it.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1