Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

10 round mags req'd for ppt??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    DRAB_81
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 2482

    Originally posted by mrdd
    No. The "safe handling demonstration" requires you to load a dummy round into the mag as part of the procedure.
    Some do, some don't, I've been through both. But yeah, I get what you're saying.

    Comment

    • #32
      Dvrjon
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2012
      • 11370

      Originally posted by SMR510
      If you cant find 10 rounders you will need them anyways to shoot it so you will have to permanently modify them to 10 or less rounds...

      I dont understand why you would buy a pistol with rebuild kits and no 10 rounders available if you were not going to pin/epoxy/whatever them. I am not particularly familiar with that pistol but it seems to have started production in 2011 so unless it shares mag design with another pistol there is no possible way you can have high caps in CA unless you are exempt from the requirement.
      Winner!

      From the website: "The FNS is an all new autoloading service pistol design introduced to law enforcement in 2011."
      Midway has what you need to stay out of prison. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/173...tainless-steel

      Cheers.

      JR

      Comment

      • #33
        mrdd
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 2023

        Originally posted by mrdd
        No. The "safe handling demonstration" requires you to load a dummy round into the mag as part of the procedure.
        Originally posted by DRAB_81
        Some do, some don't, I've been through both. But yeah, I get what you're saying.
        Those dealers that do not are violating the law. Difficult to do without an operational magazine for the firearm.

        PC 26853. To comply with Section 26850, a safe handling demonstration for a semiautomatic pistol shall include all of the following steps:
        (a) Remove the magazine.

        (b) Lock the slide back. If the model of firearm does not allow the slide to be locked back, pull the slide back, visually and physically check the chamber to ensure that it is clear.

        (c) Visually and physically inspect the chamber, to ensure that the handgun is unloaded.

        (d) Remove the firearm safety device, if applicable. If the firearm safety device prevents any of the previous steps, remove the firearm safety device during the appropriate step.

        (e) Load one bright orange, red, or other readily identifiable dummy round into the magazine. If no readily identifiable dummy round is available, an empty cartridge casing with an empty primer pocket may be used.

        (f) Insert the magazine into the magazine well of the firearm.

        (g) Manipulate the slide release or pull back and release the slide.

        (h) Remove the magazine.

        (i) Visually inspect the chamber to reveal that a round can be chambered with the magazine removed.

        (j) Lock the slide back to eject the bright orange, red, or other readily identifiable dummy round. If the handgun is of a model that does not allow the slide to be locked back, pull the slide back and physically check the chamber to ensure that the chamber is clear. If no readily identifiable dummy round is available, an empty cartridge casing with an empty primer pocket may be used.

        (k) Apply the safety, if applicable.

        (l) Apply the firearm safety device, if applicable. This requirement shall not apply to an Olympic competition pistol if no firearm safety device, other than a cable lock that the department has determined would damage the barrel of the pistol, has been approved for the pistol, and the pistol is either listed in subdivision (b) of Section 32105 or is subject to subdivision (c) of Section 32105.

        Comment

        • #34
          uncle106
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2010
          • 74

          I appreciate all your comments and suggestions. I originally did not plan on firing the pistol as it is bnib so I was trying to avoid having to purchase a 10 round mag. But to make the process simple (and not mess with a rebuild kit) I ended up ordering a 10 rounder. I was lucky enough to find one from Texas Gun Works. I think I got the last one as it is now listed as out of stock. Take care guys.

          Comment

          • #35
            Dan Wang
            Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 452

            Originally posted by GM4spd
            I did PPT at a couple of Turners and they required it. Pete

            I've had the same experience at Turners. Turner has rules above and beyond what the law requires. For example, they require both the seller and buyer to thumbprint. Whereas the DOJ requires only the buyer's thumb print.

            Comment

            • #36
              trigger945
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2012
              • 5795

              Originally posted by ALOC
              I have been to one FFL that did require a 10 round mag to transfer and they didn't even do a safe handleing demonstration. Call your FFL first and check.
              This^

              Unfortunately, it is not consistent.
              One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

              AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

              Comment

              • #37
                BigPimping
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2010
                • 21487

                My FFL made me use a 10 rd mag.
                sigpic

                PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                Don't let your history be a mystery

                Comment

                • #38
                  Boris
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 83

                  You need a functioning mag to do the safe handling demo. Capacity doesn't matter as long as you can fit ONE dummy round in it. If it's a hi-cap it doesn't matter. It's not being transferred, it's just being used for the demo.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    csbishop
                    Junior Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 42

                    Cant you just dros the frame and take the upper off if its a ppt
                    I've bought frames before ppt

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1