Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 17 or XD .45?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    5thstreet@sbcglobal.net
    Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 470

    Definatly a Glock 17 this was my first handgun and i love it. Ill never even sell it. Plus ammo is $10 less per box!

    Comment

    • #47
      Judas530
      Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 124

      g20

      I have read alot about the glock kabooms, but for some reason, I was thinking this was a problem with the .40S&W glocks. I will have to go back and reread. I was planning on buying an aftermarket barrel for the G20 right away, as this wont be a IDPA gun so I wont have to worry about keeping it stock, and I want to practise with any ammo I wanna shoot. Double Tap rounds were what I was looking at for hunting with.
      Prepare for war but pray it never comes

      Comment

      • #48
        RegularLT1
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 35

        Originally posted by Judas530
        I have read alot about the glock kabooms, but for some reason, I was thinking this was a problem with the .40S&W glocks. I will have to go back and reread. I was planning on buying an aftermarket barrel for the G20 right away, as this wont be a IDPA gun so I wont have to worry about keeping it stock, and I want to practise with any ammo I wanna shoot. Double Tap rounds were what I was looking at for hunting with.
        The 40 and 357 sig are both high-pressure rounds based off the 10mm auto. According to this page http://www.lasc.us/SAAMIMaxPressure.htm 10mm auto is 37,500 PSI compared to say a .45 at 21,000 PSI. I thought the 10mm was 42,500 PSI, but maybe that is Norma specs, or something... or maybe I'm just wrong

        Anyway, you get the idea. Lots more room for error on the lower pressure cartridges. The 10mm case is large enough to put in WAY too much powder or 2 bullets if you aren't paying attention.

        You are making a great choice using DT ammo on the 10mm. Nothing else comes close in performance. Plus Mike McNett, the owner, is a good guy and a regular in the Glocktalk 10mm forums if you ever have any questions.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1