Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 17 or XD .45?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    liketoshoot
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 3810

    just sold my 1st Gen. Glock 17, I'm not sorry I've had it a while, I still have my XD .45 and my XD 9mm.
    I loved the way the G17 would pick up the target but I like the XD's better.
    Go shoot both then decide, that's the only answer I can give you.
    sigpic
    Thieves are the lowest form of life out there, except for liberal politicians, of course, but that's redundant.

    Comment

    • #17
      RT13
      Senior Member
      • May 2006
      • 1407

      G17!

      Comment

      • #18
        BamBam-31
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        • Dec 2005
        • 5318

        Have three Glocks (17, 19, 34) and an XD 45 Tactical. Love 'em all, but if I could only have one of them, it'd be the G17. It just fits me. Both platforms are excellent choices--you just have to find the one that fits you better.

        For your stated purposes, however, I'd say the G17 best fits the bill. Ditch the OEM plastic sights for some Heinies (maybe even the straight eights), do the $0.25 trigger job, and slap some skateboard tape on the grips. Voila! GTG.
        Last edited by BamBam-31; 05-02-2008, 12:09 AM.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          MILLITIAof1
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 3601

          XD hands down

          Comment

          • #20
            Juliet Lima
            Member
            • Mar 2007
            • 144

            Glock hands down
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #21
              MILLITIAof1
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2008
              • 3601

              IBTL

              Comment

              • #22
                Bad Voodoo
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Jan 2007
                • 2884

                Everyone should own at least one Glock, and that Glock should be the 17.

                Comment

                • #23
                  biscuitninja
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 590

                  9mm, the G17 is an awsome 1st shooters pistol. Its not quite a 1911 for modification, but its pretty close.
                  good luck
                  -bix
                  Sure I work on Guns ; 105, 120 and 155mm. There was that 20" though.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    maxicon
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 4661

                    I had a G17, and didn't like it. It wasn't comfortable to shoot and didn't point intuitively for me. I'm not a big fan of selling guns, but that one got sold. My XD sub-compact is a much better shooter for me.

                    Lots of people love Glocks, but they're not my cup of tea. 9mm is definitely cheaper to practice with, and the Glock is a great gun if it works for you. I'd recommend shooting each before buying.
                    sigpic
                    NRA Life Member

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Rule .308
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 2531

                      logistically it would be the 17 hands down but I am a .45 kind of guy so I would go with the XD. I own an XD-45 and Glocks 19,21,23, and 27, they are all outstanding guns but I was born and raised on .45 so again, if it was one or the other it would have to be the XD all the way.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        aca72
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 3250

                        Go for the GLOCK.
                        Long live CALGUNS!

                        Selling: ✮ GLOCK ✮ Beretta ✮ SIG Sauer ✮ Stuff ✮

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          kilword
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 970

                          GLOCK 19
                          I like the feel and size of it better then the 17
                          you should try handling them both

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            emc002
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 2331

                            If you like and are comfortable shooting 1911s, then you'll probably prefer the XD.
                            Both are great beater guns and will last forever. Try both out and see what you shoot best with.
                            I chose an XD .45 Compact FWIW.
                            "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

                            "I point out the obvious because if I belabor the subtle it only leaves people slack-jawed and drooling." - Bill Heavey

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              trinydex
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 4720

                              Originally posted by Bad Voodoo
                              Everyone should own at least one Glock, and that Glock should be the 17.
                              that philosophy actually worked on me hahahaha

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                GUNMANN
                                Junior Member
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 27

                                BUY THE RIGHT ONE DEFINITLY XD45

                                Originally posted by Judas530
                                I have a chance to by either a Glock 17 or XD .45 for about the same price. This will be my second pistol, I shot a .22 Ruger for awhile now. I know that these are two different calibers, so it is like apples and oranges, but if you were buying your first REAL pistol, which would you choose? I will be using it mainly at the range, with some IDPA and USPA later, but will be loading it with HD rounds and using it as a nightstand gun too.
                                The Xd has a cocked indicator on back of slide (little pin that sticks out). 1911 style grip safety,double serrations on slide, dovetail sights (easy to change out),point blank firing, LOTS OF POWER compared to 9mm but the ammo is about double. I own both and i prefer and carry my XD 45 everyday.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1