Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best OC Gun Store?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    SVTNate
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 1418

    Fowler's has several ****head employees. I like the guys who work over at the Stockade. I like the stores' selection of guns, holsters, knives, etc.... but the prices are insane. I have window shopped and bought small stuff (patches, lube, etc.) from both stores, but will never buy a gun or knife from either.

    Turner's prices are usually a bit better, but their CS is terrible. I used to buy guns from them, but no longer.

    Ade is the man. I don't buy my guns from him... I order from out of state... but Ade does all my FFL x-fers.

    Comment

    • #17
      RollingCode3
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 3221

      I heard a lot of good things about Ade on this forum. Does anyone know where his store is located or his phone number? I am looking for a G19 in OD frame. I hope he can order one for me. thanks
      Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

      Comment

      • #18
        SVTNate
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2005
        • 1418

        From the 55 southbound...

        exit Chapman, turn right
        turn left at Tustin (first intersection)
        turn left into shopping center just past the Chevy stealership
        Big (COINS) sign in red is Ade's shop.

        I can't recall his cell phone number, and don't have his business card handy.

        Comment

        • #19

          Originally posted by Justang
          Grants Guns has a decent inventory. They're on Newport BLVD just before 17th.
          they supported the AW ban. eff 'em.where is Ade's? I looked for it this morning, couldn't find it.

          Comment

          • #20
            SVTNate
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2005
            • 1418

            Originally posted by glen avon
            they supported the AW ban. eff 'em.where is Ade's? I looked for it this morning, couldn't find it.
            Might want to check the post right above yours

            Comment

            • #21

              nothin' gets by me....

              Comment

              • #22
                Dump1567
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2002
                • 1621

                Ade's Gun Shop
                225 S. Tustin St.
                Orange, CA
                Down from Selman Chevy
                714-744-3373
                Hours are a little spotty.
                Mon,Tue, Thurs., Fri. 1:00pm-ish tp around 6 or 7 pm
                Sat. 10:00ish to 4:00ish
                Closed on Wed. and Sun, but may be willing to meet at the shop (he lives down the street).
                Always call first: 714-744-3373
                Thanks to "lower madness", you may be waiting around for awhile. Also, part of Ade being a "great & patient guy" means that you may have to wait even longer while he takes that phone call from someone here inquiring about lowers. Oh well. He's pretty much gotten all my business over the last 5 years.
                Watch & Pray

                Comment

                • #23
                  SVTNate
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 1418

                  Also, his computer and CC machine are frequently down. The computer is down for good, it seems, and he's on a stone-age AOL dialup anyway. So, when the computer runs, AOL kicks him off the DROS system all the time.

                  Bring cash, and be prepare to have him take home your paperwork to DROS later. Also be prepared for the DROS to get done... well, whenever he gets to it, rather than same-day or even next-day. Ade takes home stacks of DROS'es to do each night, but don't be surprised if he tells you "I'll DROS it when I get home tonight" and it doesn't happen for a day or two.

                  It's always best to give Ade a follow-up phone call the next day, to remind him about your DROS. Of course, this only applies when his computer is down, and he can't do it while you're standing there.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Dump1567
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2002
                    • 1621

                    Originally posted by SVTNate
                    Bring cash, and be prepare to have him take home your paperwork to DROS later. Also be prepared for the DROS to get done... well, whenever he gets to it, rather than same-day or even next-day. Ade takes home stacks of DROS'es to do each night, but don't be surprised if he tells you "I'll DROS it when I get home tonight" and it doesn't happen for a day or two.
                    Ah, How I miss the good ol' days of pre-"lower madness".
                    Watch & Pray

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      jmlivingston
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 5095

                      Anyone have any experiences with Saddleback Valley Gun Center, off of Crown Valley and the I5?

                      John

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Dump1567
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2002
                        • 1621

                        Originally posted by jmlivingston
                        Anyone have any experiences with Saddleback Valley Gun Center, off of Crown Valley and the I5?

                        John
                        I went there a couple of times a few years ago. Seemed like a bunch of old guys just hanging out. Didn't seem real interested in selling anything. Prices seemed a little high. Things may have changed. On-Target is also in that area and has a retail store. Some prices seem good and others where on the high side. I guess Illio(sp) is out and they have a new owner. Seemed like a nice guy. They don't have the inventory they had under the old ownership.
                        Watch & Pray

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          jmlivingston
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 5095

                          On Target changed ownership? No wonder.... when I popped in there over the weekend I was really disappointed how little inventory they had.

                          Haven't been into Saddleback Valley in a few years myself, stopped by after hitting On Target but I was too late and they were already closed.

                          John

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Deuce22
                            Member
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 160

                            I haven't been to On Target after they were raided for selling illegal stuff out the back door. One of the employees went away for awhile from what I understood. The time before that a customer was yelling at the owner for selling him a safe with the serial # ground off. He told the customer to get lost. I lost intrest real quick being in there. George at Saddleback is a nice guy but moves as fast as paint dries and forgets what you were talking about when you are looking at buying something.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Dump1567
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2002
                              • 1621

                              Went to Ade's while on lunch today to pick-up a rifle. Line almost out the door at 2:00pm. Would you guys stop buying lowers. If I hadn't phoned-in my reservation, I would have never got back to work on time.
                              Watch & Pray

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                M. D. Van Norman
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 2002
                                • 4168

                                Matthew D. Van Norman
                                Dancing Giant Sales | Licensed Firearms Dealer | Rainier, WA

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1