Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is the panic beginning to subside?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    briguy64
    Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 266

    I don't think demand has subsided. Ammo is still priced pretty high (hoping this isn't the new norm), most type of guns are in short supply, and mags are nearly impossible to find from dealers and distributors.

    I got an email from 44mag for glock 17 mags, checked 10 minutes later and they were out of stock. I'm sure there was a delay from when they actually got the mags to when the emails went out, but it is just one example of people still constantly scanning for desirable items

    Comment

    • #47
      SdBoltz
      Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 104

      Originally posted by Socalman
      Went into Turners West Covina this afternoon just to check something. Small number of customers, I pulled number 33 and had to wait all of 1 minute for service. Then checked on the ammo. Much more in stock then about 10 days ago, though some calibers were not available. Prices still holding, a good sign. I did not take a long look, just a quick glance and the supply of handguns on display seemed to be close to normal.

      Maybe the insanity is leaving!
      Yeah not even close. Waited for 2 hours at the Turners in Kearny Mesa yesterday just to pick up a stripped lower. There was like 12 hand guns in the whole store. The rest shotguns and Bolt actions. No ammo except .45 and .308. All the AR parts were sold out except for 1 competition trigger and a couple Troy Industry rails. They were fully stocked on tasers though! =\

      The rep that helped me out there just said to be patient. Basically said 2-3 more months of this was their feel.

      Comment

      • #48
        spetsnaz
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 1502

        Big drive for ammo right now. In a few months most people will forget about this and ammo will be back on the market

        Comment

        • #49
          myk
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2012
          • 5955

          Originally posted by SdBoltz
          No ammo except .45 and .308.


          I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...

          Comment

          • #50
            Cypriss32
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2004
            • 5987

            I bet its 2 years before ammo prices are "normal" and prolly wont go below 400.00 per 1k of 556.
            "Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
            -- Thomas Paine


            Comment

            • #51
              Snoopy47
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2010
              • 3899

              Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.

              Comment

              • #52
                chayden
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2012
                • 508

                I'm curious how and of the LGS' can stay in business for very long. They cannot get much of anything to sell. Hard to pay the bills without any product to sell. Hope the panic buying tapers off for all our sakes.

                Comment

                • #53
                  maddoggie13
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 2076

                  Nope...someone just purchased a m&p 15 at the local dealer for $1,999 and it is used.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Mr. Meeseeks
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 2951

                    Originally posted by Cypriss32
                    I bet its 2 years before ammo prices are "normal" and prolly wont go below 400.00 per 1k of 556.
                    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't, but based on the last time, I totally agree with this statement. Ammo never came back down to even close to pre '08 prices.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      winnre
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 9214

                      Panic is easing up, I can now park at Turner's when I go to Turner's.
                      "If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Sanman023
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 517

                        Originally posted by chayden
                        I'm curious how and of the LGS' can stay in business for very long. They cannot get much of anything to sell. Hard to pay the bills without any product to sell. Hope the panic buying tapers off for all our sakes.
                        im guessing that the additional money they made off the panic will keep the lights on, the rent paid, and future inventory...lay off as many employees as necessary and rehire when things get back to normal...just a guess though..

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          gabe123
                          Member
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 491

                          There is no shortage !!! What we have now is called BUBBLE. Whether its going to burst, or soft landing is another thing.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Charliegone
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 6104

                            No it has not subsided. Just go look at the private sale on here. People want 1500 for just the uppers, geezuz. The only way it's going to subside will be when it's over.


                            I will vote for a donkey-sex maniac if he's pro-gun.
                            -BWiese

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              CHIEFone
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 960

                              Originally posted by gabe123
                              There is no shortage !!! What we have now is called BUBBLE. Whether its going to burst, or soft landing is another thing.
                              agreed.

                              i also wonder how many of these "panic" buyers failed the background check

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                Lead Waster
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 16650

                                Originally posted by chayden
                                I'm curious how and of the LGS' can stay in business for very long. They cannot get much of anything to sell. Hard to pay the bills without any product to sell. Hope the panic buying tapers off for all our sakes.
                                Well here's the thing then, since they can't get any new inventory due to the panic, they have to sell what they do have at crazy prices and that's what they do.

                                They will have to stop sticking up their noses at those paltry $10 profit PPTs and maybe start doing more out of state FFL transfers for less.

                                LGSs seem to really crank up the price on FFL transfers, so you'll buy THEIR gun, not the one you want to buy on Buds. But there are only so many ways an FFL can make money, right?

                                Also, maybe they'll have to try and start carrying reloading gear OR other shooting related stuff.

                                Since they know there are a crap ton of NEW shooters, maybe those new shooters will need accessories?! Like safes, targets, cleaning kits, etc, etc, etc...
                                ==================

                                sigpic


                                Remember to dial 1 before 911.

                                Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

                                There. Are. Four. Lights!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1