Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help I want a 1911!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Snapping Twig
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 2106

    For the kind of budget you outlined, you need to find a quality used piece.

    Word to the wise, contact Freq about his Springer. It's EXACTLY what you are looking for and it's a 70 series to boot.

    Short of that, everything is a compromise of quality, features, materials, dependability.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

    Comment

    • #32
      DArBad
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 3002

      Originally posted by keder
      Hey guys so I'm looking at buying my first 1911, the 2 I'm thinking about are the Kimber custome II and the sig nitron. Any input from you guys would be very helpful.

      Also any other suggestions are welcome, my budget is $900 OTD.

      Thanks guys,
      Ed
      I have a pair of the Kimber Custom II. I like 'em that much.

      Comment

      • #33
        ZX-10R
        Veteran Member
        • May 2010
        • 4122

        Colt or Kimber. Get the brazilian stuff after.
        USA**************************************************USA
        03 Chevy Trailblazer , 06 Kawi ZX-10R, 05 Kawi KX250F, 07 Yamaha YZ85 - PSL , AES-10B, (2x) WASR 10/63, Draco AK Pistol, Polish Underfolder, Polish Tantal, Daniel Defense M4, Franken-AR, 1945 Izzy M44, 1936 Tula 91/30, Remington 870 Express, Smith and Wesson M&P 45, FN FNP-9, COLT 1911 XSE . NYC in CA. [COLOR="Red"][B]Obama S(_)[KS!
        Southwest Sales Manager -SolidWorks.

        Comment

        • #34
          RUSSIAN
          Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 491

          Another vote for a custom ll. 700+ rds through mine (which I know is not a lot, but enough to know the gun is utterly reliable) and aside from an out of spec slide stop the gun has been flawless, is far more accurate then I am and is just a joy to shoot. Kimber sent a new slide stop in two days, my experience with them has been very positive.

          Comment

          • #35
            keder
            Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 103

            Thanks for all the info guys really helped, any thoughts on the Springfield range officer model seems to be in that price range.

            Comment

            • #36
              7duster3
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2012
              • 67

              I vote for the SIG NITRON RAIL. But i'm a bit bias...



              I have a lot of work done to mine but i love it.

              Comment

              • #37
                818m9
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 26

                picking up a kimber custom ii on wed. cant wait

                Comment

                • #38
                  blockfort
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 1183

                  My Springfield loaded, inside out.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    blockfort
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 1183

                    Sorry for not picking between your two choices, but I don't know them. I only know mine.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      huckberry668
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 1502

                      Originally posted by Eldraque
                      Just get P220
                      +1 or a Sig 1911
                      GCC
                      NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
                      Don't count your hits and congratulate yourself, count your misses and know why.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Six2arms
                        Member
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 120

                        Originally posted by skosh69
                        For $900 OTD, not gonna happen! Sorry

                        Go with the Kimber Custom II, made in America and it's a good pistol.

                        Second choice would be the RIA Tactical.

                        Good luck!
                        +1

                        I'm not sure where OP is located, but i was just at Jackson Arms in So. SF this afternoon, and saw the Kimber Custom II in all black for $799.. Damn, I'm not planning of getting another one, but that sweet THING won't stop winking at me!!! End of the story, didn't get it.. I know that I won't be able to sleep tonight because of that..

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1