Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone else having a hard time finding CZs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    JeremyS
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 2014

    Haha I think I only noticed it in your sig because it was in your post. Tons of people do it all the time. I've seen .9mm in newspapers and police reports many times. It was always disconcerting to me to get police reports for my neighborhood with things like .9mm (which was in there almost weekly), 12 caliber shotgun, and other really weird stuff of that sort.


    missiontrails: okay, point made. OP's looking for places with CZ's in stock so move along here, nothing to see. P.S. -- the M&P example is a poor one, as it wasn't the fault of their ferritic nitrocarburizing process, which plenty of companies do with and without cyanide to a very high level. The M&P has a stainless slide, which is a really bad choice for this process. Not sure why they did it. If Glock would have tried to tenifer/melonite the same slide, they would have gotten the same results. Beretta's "pronox" is an example of the same sort of treatment applied to a degree where it is, by all accounts, as "strong" as Glock's application but it actually looks even better. Dan Wesson's black treatment is excellent, and it's very similar to Severn's Custom's Hard Hat, which is an amazing treatment. NP3 (a nickle teflon treatment) is extremely, extremely durable. There are plenty of examples of equivalently durable treatments. There are a lot of durable coatings as well; CZ's polycoat among them. Not as scratch resistant as some of the treatments, but it's very abrasion resistant for things like holster wear. And we've all seen plenty of glocks with holster wear so it's not like it's magic.
    Escaped to WA

    sigpic

    My YouTube Channel

    Comment

    • #32
      missiontrails
      Calguns Addict
      • Nov 2008
      • 7879

      Originally posted by JeremyS
      Haha I think I only noticed it in your sig because it was in your post. Tons of people do it all the time. I've seen .9mm in newspapers and police reports many times. It was always disconcerting to me to get police reports for my neighborhood with things like .9mm (which was in there almost weekly), 12 caliber shotgun, and other really weird stuff of that sort.


      missiontrails: okay, point made. OP's looking for places with CZ's in stock so move along here, nothing to see. P.S. -- the M&P example is a poor one, as it wasn't the fault of their ferritic nitrocarburizing process, which plenty of companies do with and without cyanide to a very high level. The M&P has a stainless slide, which is a really bad choice for this process. Not sure why they did it. If Glock would have tried to tenifer/melonite the same slide, they would have gotten the same results. Beretta's "pronox" is an example of the same sort of treatment applied to a degree where it is, by all accounts, as "strong" as Glock's application but it actually looks even better. Dan Wesson's black treatment is excellent, and it's very similar to Severn's Custom's Hard Hat, which is an amazing treatment. NP3 (a nickle teflon treatment) is extremely, extremely durable. There are plenty of examples of equivalently durable treatments. There are a lot of durable coatings as well; CZ's polycoat among them. Not as scratch resistant as some of the treatments, but it's very abrasion resistant for things like holster wear. And we've all seen plenty of glocks with holster wear so it's not like it's magic.
      Um, the OP did say "or should I just buy a Glock"... or something along those lines... right? I was sticking to topic, and injected personal experience. With the number of different handguns I have owned over the past 10 years.. I should be committed. Owned 2 Berettas over the course, sold my M9 4 months ago. I like Berettas Brunition finish, but it WILL scratch before a Glocks does... that's a promise.
      Last edited by missiontrails; 11-23-2012, 4:50 PM.

      Comment

      • #33
        whipkiller
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2009
        • 3461

        Originally posted by missiontrails
        that CZ is NOT the mythical magic carpet that everyone makes them out to be.
        Actually it is, just not for you, and that's fine. There's a reason "everyone" is making them out to be magic.

        OP, if you like Glock's and want to get one rather than wait for what you really want go ahead.

        Myself, I don't care for Glocks only because I can't shoot well with them as easily as I can with my other guns, particularly my CZ SP-01.

        If it were me, I would wait for the one I really want. They come in, they just get sold FAST (for good reason) so you have to keep looking and be ready to act when you find one.
        Too many hobbies, Too little time.

        Mind you, I'm 5'7", 180, with a visible Ab...

        Comment

        • #34
          brandon91
          Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 151

          thanks everyone for their advice and places to check.

          Comment

          • #35
            Paul053
            Senior Member
            • May 2011
            • 1061

            Don't quote me on this because I heard it from the manager at Turners. He said that CZs were hard to find in Ca cause they outsource their ten Rd magazines but make their normal capacity mags in house. They have been selling so well everywhere else that to hold a bunch of cz's just for the Californian market doesn't make sense since they are such a hot item.

            Could be wrong but I'm just passing on what was told to me.
            Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

            Comment

            • #36
              Euphoria526
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 3812

              Originally posted by brandon91
              thanks everyone for their advice and places to check.
              No problem, I believe myself and a bunch of knuckle heads on here are just trying to say "don't settle" get what you want no matter the wait. YOu want what you want and are confident with that weapon no reason to settle and train with something else. You can find em, just keep looking.
              Originally posted by Jimi Jah
              I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
              Originally posted by elpaisa1
              I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

              Originally posted by Euphoria526
              I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

              Comment

              • #37
                JeremyS
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 2014

                Originally posted by Paul053
                He said that CZs were hard to find in Ca cause they outsource their ten Rd magazines but make their normal capacity mags in house.
                Yeah, totally not true. They're all made by MecGar regardless of round count. The 10-round ones are in stock at plenty of places, so if the guns were available at all, CZ Custom would have them in stock and would be able to ship them to you. The fact is, it's NOT just CA-legal CZ's with 10-round mags that are out of stock, and they're not only hard to find in CA. They're nationally backordered. Just go on the CZ Custom website and look for yourself. Nearly all of the guns, from plain 75B's to SP-01s to whatever else are "on order." And that's for the normal capacity. So claiming CA 10-round mag stuff doesn't hold water whatsoever from any angle.
                Last edited by JeremyS; 11-23-2012, 9:38 PM.
                Escaped to WA

                sigpic

                My YouTube Channel

                Comment

                • #38
                  BadMatt
                  Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 355

                  Call up CZ Customs. They will swap in 10 rd mags for you. They will also tell you when they have your particular gun in stock.
                  FS: Harris 6-9 bipod

                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1137516

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Rorge Retson
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 2712

                    Originally posted by Paul053
                    Don't quote me on this because I heard it from the manager at Turners. He said that CZs were hard to find in Ca cause they outsource their ten Rd magazines but make their normal capacity mags in house. They have been selling so well everywhere else that to hold a bunch of cz's just for the Californian market doesn't make sense since they are such a hot item.

                    Could be wrong but I'm just passing on what was told to me.
                    That does not surprise me.

                    Turner's must get their people from New York City, where the motto is "If you don't know the answer, make something up!"

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      uhlan1
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Aug 2012
                      • 6217

                      Originally posted by missiontrails
                      I have owned a P01... kept it for 2 months. Came pre-rusted on the inside when I bought it new, and over all finish sucked. The CZ was reliable through 200 rounds, but so have been all of the other handguns I have owned over the years. I'm on my second Glock now (G17 Gen 3), and they are just so much more fun to customize and personalize. The Glock internals come apart with nothing more than a punch, so easy it's a joke. Upgrade parts cost NOTHING. Glock factory extended slide release $13, Glock extended magazine release $6, Ghost 3.5lb trigger connector $13, and any other upgrade you want is so reasonable and readily available. Glocks are kinda like AR's as far as customizing YOURSELF. The finish on the Glock is superior... PERIOD.... NO other handgun has as durable and consistent of a finish on the slide and barrel (can you name one?). The CZ's have a more ergonomic grip, but so what.... it's a gun. Even sight choices for the Glocks are plentiful, and not expensive. Holsters tons, a light rail... ya better spend $700 for a SP-01 if you want that (or smaller P01). CZ's have a heritage, but they are not all that. Accuracy is sometimes subjective, but I could not shoot the P01 even as close to as well as I could shoot my Walther P99 that I had at the same time...

                      I love Glocks, I have 8 of them. They never fail. Sooo easy to maintain. But my Glock 34 cost almost 700.00 once the store and state were done with me. Yes, you can't do all the trick stuff with a CZ as you can with a Glock, most yourself and on the cheap. But, and maybe it's just me, I out-shoot every Glock, Sig and SA I own with my SP-01 and I got some nice ones.
                      Sometimes you just have to hook up with a FFL or store that is willing to go the extra mile for you. After pulling my hair out, I was able to get a CZ 75 TS in both 9 and .40. Pick one up tomorrow...yea!
                      "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        RL15
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 98

                        Was in Barnwood Arms today (black Friday) and they have 5 CZ in stock

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          CitiZen-75
                          Junior Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 60

                          I picked up a CZ 75B .40 S&W last September at Gun World in Burbank. They also had a CZ 75 Compact 9mm on display.

                          I was at Guns Direct in Burbank last October picking up a transfer (rifle) and saw they had the CZ 75 B .40 S&W too.

                          I picked up a CZ 75 B SA 9mm from my local FFL just last week. I bought it from www.damascusgunshop.com. They will ship the gun with 10-round magazines.

                          Just checked their site right now. They still have CZ 75 B in .40 & 9mm and a couple of the SP-01.

                          Hurry!
                          Last edited by CitiZen-75; 11-23-2012, 10:30 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            daybreak
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 1735

                            Had a glock 17 for a week and could not wait to get if off my hands. Just felt disgusting compared to my SP01.

                            Sold the glock, bought a couple CZ Shadows and never looked back. Shooting the CZs make me feel like a pro. There is a reason they are all the rage right now. They're freaking sweet weapons and very popular in the competition crowd. Glocks are too, but I definitely feel a changing of the guard coming.

                            my YouTube shooting channel

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Rorge Retson
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 2712

                              Originally posted by uhlan1
                              I love Glocks, I have 8 of them. They never fail. Sooo easy to maintain. But my Glock 34 cost almost 700.00 once the store and state were done with me. Yes, you can't do all the trick stuff with a CZ as you can with a Glock, most yourself and on the cheap. But, and maybe it's just me, I out-shoot every Glock, Sig and SA I own with my SP-01 and I got some nice ones.
                              Sometimes you just have to hook up with a FFL or store that is willing to go the extra mile for you. After pulling my hair out, I was able to get a CZ 75 TS in both 9 and .40. Pick one up tomorrow...yea!
                              Better see pics when you get it!!

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                CAGLS
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 3709

                                Originally posted by CitiZen-75
                                I picked up a CZ 75B .40 S&W last September at Gun World in Burbank. They also had a CZ 75 Compact 9mm on display.

                                I was at Guns Direct in Burbank last October picking up a transfer (rifle) and saw they had the CZ 75 B .40 S&W too.

                                I picked up a CZ 75 B SA 9mm from my local FFL just last week. I bought it from www.damascusgunshop.com. They will ship the gun with 10-round magazines.

                                Just checked their site right now. They still have CZ 75 B in .40 & 9mm and a couple of the SP-01.

                                Hurry!
                                Thanks CitiZen-75.
                                Last edited by CAGLS; 12-02-2012, 12:17 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1