Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone else having a hard time finding CZs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Euphoria526
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 3812

    Not sure about today or right this second. But oaktree usually has at least one 75b lying around.
    Originally posted by Jimi Jah
    I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
    Originally posted by elpaisa1
    I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

    Originally posted by Euphoria526
    I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

    Comment

    • #17
      markw
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 821

      I just found a CZ97B, 75B and SP01.....in my safe. Good luck on finding them. I've got notifications set for galleryofguns.com which will give you a quote from local dealers. Watch them and czcustom.com. On the 75 do either the SA, or the SP01 to get the higher cut beavertail.

      Mark
      Last edited by markw; 11-23-2012, 12:59 PM.

      Comment

      • #18
        Socalmedix
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 1675

        Oaktree Gun Club has a 75B in 9mm and one in .40

        FYI
        sigpic


        Originally posted by willerfortheworld
        Why buy a glock, drive a Honda, and drink budlight when you can buy a cz, drive a Subaru and drink heineken?
        Priceless

        Comment

        • #19
          Speedpower
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 2238

          Found mine a month ago at Gunsamerica.com, I know a gun store in Florida that have it (at least last month they have 3) pm me for phone #

          Comment

          • #20
            TATER313
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 1481

            Here is one one gunbroker and cal legal. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=317986798

            Comment

            • #21
            • #22
              Euphoria526
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 3812

              Originally posted by Socalmedix
              Oaktree Gun Club has a 75B in 9mm and one in .40

              FYI
              I was too busy looking at my rifle to notice these. I thought they only had the .9mm
              Originally posted by Jimi Jah
              I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
              Originally posted by elpaisa1
              I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

              Originally posted by Euphoria526
              I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

              Comment

              • #23
                JeremyS
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 2014

                Originally posted by Euphoria526
                I thought they only had the .9mm
                .9 mm? Like, it shoots out a needle or something? (same w/ your signature... I think you mean 9 mm)
                Escaped to WA

                sigpic

                My YouTube Channel

                Comment

                • #24
                  missiontrails
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7879

                  I have owned a P01... kept it for 2 months. Came pre-rusted on the inside when I bought it new, and over all finish sucked. The CZ was reliable through 200 rounds, but so have been all of the other handguns I have owned over the years. I'm on my second Glock now (G17 Gen 3), and they are just so much more fun to customize and personalize. The Glock internals come apart with nothing more than a punch, so easy it's a joke. Upgrade parts cost NOTHING. Glock factory extended slide release $13, Glock extended magazine release $6, Ghost 3.5lb trigger connector $13, and any other upgrade you want is so reasonable and readily available. Glocks are kinda like AR's as far as customizing YOURSELF. The finish on the Glock is superior... PERIOD.... NO other handgun has as durable and consistent of a finish on the slide and barrel (can you name one?). The CZ's have a more ergonomic grip, but so what.... it's a gun. Even sight choices for the Glocks are plentiful, and not expensive. Holsters tons, a light rail... ya better spend $700 for a SP-01 if you want that (or smaller P01). CZ's have a heritage, but they are not all that. Accuracy is sometimes subjective, but I could not shoot the P01 even as close to as well as I could shoot my Walther P99 that I had at the same time...

                  Last edited by missiontrails; 11-23-2012, 3:26 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #25
                    vinced57
                    Junior Member
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 3

                    Sacramento Black Rifle usually has a few CZ's (916) 771-3553. I have a P-01 and love it! Good luck!
                    Walther PPS, 9mm
                    CZ P-01, 9mm
                    Sig P238, .380
                    S & W model 19, .357

                    Comment

                    • #26
                      missiontrails
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7879

                      Originally posted by Freq18Hz
                      Glocks are what they are, but they are definitely not a substitute for a CZ.

                      You should wait it out. CZ-75b is a gun that you can buy, never grow tired of, and keep for your entire life and pass it on.

                      Find a dealer that regularly stocks them, and just be patient. Zfields also recommended a great option. You could even get a trigger job done etc. before it ships out to you.

                      -Freq
                      Hmmm how so? What is the heavier CZ going to do better for the average shooter that a Glock won't? I'm a prior CZ owner. Just saying that if OP had to "settle" for a glock, he's giving up NOTHING.

                      CZ:
                      Heavier
                      Subpar finish, "Polycoat" is a total joke.
                      Not nearly as corrosion resistant
                      Slide profile to thin to get good grip under duress to rack slide
                      75B no accessory rail
                      Upgrades are slim (unless you consider grips a real upgrade)
                      Usually sold for more than MSRP (by a little) because supply is low
                      Slim holster choices
                      Last edited by missiontrails; 11-23-2012, 3:35 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #27
                        zfields
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13658

                        Originally posted by missiontrails
                        I have owned a P01... kept it for 2 months. Came pre-rusted on the inside when I bought it new, and over all finish sucked. The CZ was reliable through 200 rounds, but so have been all of the other handguns I have owned over the years. I'm on my second Glock now (G17 Gen 3), and they are just so much more fun to customize and personalize. The Glock internals come apart with nothing more than a punch, so easy it's a joke. Upgrade parts cost NOTHING. Glock factory extended slide release $13, Glock extended magazine release $6, Ghost 3.5lb trigger connector $13, and any other upgrade you want is so reasonable and readily available. Glocks are kinda like AR's as far as customizing YOURSELF. The finish on the Glock is superior... PERIOD.... NO other handgun has as durable and consistent of a finish on the slide and barrel (can you name one?). The CZ's have a more ergonomic grip, but so what.... it's a gun. Even sight choices for the Glocks are plentiful, and not expensive. Holsters tons, a light rail... ya better spend $700 for a SP-01 if you want that (or smaller P01). CZ's have a heritage, but they are not all that. Accuracy is sometimes subjective, but I could not shoot the P01 even as close to as well as I could shoot my Walther P99 that I had at the same time...
                        AH yes, the infamous sample size of one. Considering how rare you hear any issues with the internal finish being an issue ( damn near never ), one case doesn't hold much water with me.

                        As for as a similar/durable finish...there are plenty that use almost an identical process ; Springfield XD, S&W M&P, Steyr m9 (which actually uses "tenifer"not just a melonite process), etc.

                        Surprise, just about all guns come apart with just a punch, and you can do the upgrading yourself also. Yes, CZ upgrades are more expensive, pretty inline with a 1911, whats your point? Even with the ghost connector, and upgraded fulcrum style trigger, they come nowhere close to a tuned CZ. Not everyone likes glocks, shoots them well, or cares for them. I don't know why you think anyone is bashing on your fantastic plastic, they are great guns, just not for everyone.
                        Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                        10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                        Comment

                        • #28
                          missiontrails
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7879

                          Originally posted by zfields
                          AH yes, the infamous sample size of one. Considering how rare you hear any issues with the internal finish being an issue ( damn near never ), one case doesn't hold much water with me.

                          As for as a similar/durable finish...there are plenty that use almost an identical process ; Springfield XD, S&W M&P, Steyr m9 (which actually uses "tenifer"not just a melonite process), etc.

                          Surprise, just about all guns come apart with just a punch, and you can do the upgrading yourself also. Yes, CZ upgrades are more expensive, pretty inline with a 1911, whats your point? Even with the ghost connector, and upgraded fulcrum style trigger, they come nowhere close to a tuned CZ. Not everyone likes glocks, shoots them well, or cares for them. I don't know why you think anyone is bashing on your fantastic plastic, they are great guns, just not for everyone.
                          My point was that if OP could not find a CZ, he would have fun with a glock and all the low cost available upgrades. Your point about the other plastic guns having as STRONG of a finish as the Glock, you're mistaken. Remember the first M&P's? The finish on those slides would almost come of with a rag, and a few guys who carried them holstered in damp environments saw their slides rust. Glocks slide finish has even been tested as being "harder" than HK's hostile environment finish. You can use the word "tenifer" all you want, but it's the application process of it that matters. REAL Tenifer finish can't be applied in the US because the process uses cyanide.... All of the US made and finished guns use a "green environment safe" Melanite process. I never said that MY CZ did not perform as it should. BTW, at the time I bought that P01.. Turners had a SP-01 that was pre sold to someone else... IT WAS PRE RUSTED also on the inside, not a lot, but too much for a supposed $700 pistol. Also, the inside of the slide looked "slightly over sprayed", not actually finished. That pistol would have shot just fine... Just saying that CZ is NOT the mythical magic carpet that everyone makes them out to be. BTW, check my old posts.. I just sold my Springfield Loaded 1911 9mm, which I also customized with internals.. well aware of the similarities in price to the CZ for "work" to be done. Squeeze the smooth and light trigger on my G17 at 20 yards and see where the holes are punched... no less spectacular than the CZ
                          Last edited by missiontrails; 11-23-2012, 4:22 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #29
                            Euphoria526
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 3812

                            Originally posted by JeremyS
                            .9 mm? Like, it shoots out a needle or something? (same w/ your signature... I think you mean 9 mm)
                            Yes I foolishly put the . Before calibers on instinct. Lol
                            Yes I do mean 9mm. How long have you seen it and not said anything? Lol Jk
                            Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                            I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
                            Originally posted by elpaisa1
                            I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

                            Originally posted by Euphoria526
                            I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

                            Comment

                            • #30
                              Eldraque
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 1984

                              My dad bought the last CZ 75b .40 on Budsgunshop a few weeks ago lol. gets out of jail on monday =)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1