Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Inexpensive handguns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    Cashrip
    Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 127

    I wouldn't trust a lot of really cheap pistols. get a used ruger p89, p90 or p95, ive seen them pop up for $300. or, a baseball bat combined with a can of bear mace can be had for like 30 bucks

    Comment

    • #77
      Subotai
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2010
      • 11289

      As-hol! LOL!
      RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (Say When!)
      Free Vespuchia!

      Comment

      • #78
        big blaze
        Senior Member
        • May 2011
        • 537

        I would go with a Ruger P95 or Smith&Wesson Sigma.There's not to many good guns for $200.

        Comment

        • #79
          Wallabing
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 1499

          Bersa thunder 380 is a very high quality semi auto for $300.

          Comment

          • #80
            drifter2be
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 2177

            Originally posted by Vampyredark
            Lets just face it, I hope you are kidding.
            Was not kidding. Dead serious, I would sooner trust that I could throw one of those useless chunks of metal hard enough to do some damage than rely on it to actually work. Anyone willing to bet their life on a crappy little $150 gun is a much braver individual than I, but hey, I don't buy crappy guns, my life is worth investing in quality firearms like Ruger, Glock and S&W, if someone here thinks that their life or the lives of their loved ones are only worth $150 worth of protection that is their business. Call me a gun snob if you want, I'll call myself the guy that only owns reliable firearms.
            Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L Mencken
            Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo

            "Moms Demand Action" sounds less like a gun control group and more like the title of a porn flick from the mid-90s.

            Comment

            • #81
              drifter2be
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 2177

              Originally posted by Raider888
              Get a used Glock 19 or 23 for about $400.
              Used G23s selling on summitgunbroker.com for ~$350 last time I checked.

              Check with local stores that get L.E. trade-ins, can typically be had for under $400
              Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L Mencken
              Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo

              "Moms Demand Action" sounds less like a gun control group and more like the title of a porn flick from the mid-90s.

              Comment

              • #82
                jeffsenpai
                Member
                • Apr 2008
                • 400

                Two inexpensive guns you might consider - The Hi-Point C9, 9mm 8 rnd magazines (i haven't had any of the issues the other users of this thread have stated with ammo or reliability):



                The Armscor m206, .38 Special, 6 shot cylinder:



                The Hi-Point can be found for $150.00+
                The Armscor can be found for $200.00+

                Comment

                • #83
                  RedFord150
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 5665

                  Originally posted by drifter2be
                  Was not kidding. Dead serious, I would sooner trust that I could throw one of those useless chunks of metal hard enough to do some damage than rely on it to actually work. Anyone willing to bet their life on a crappy little $150 gun is a much braver individual than I, ...
                  A lot of brands started out pretty cheap before anyone knew how good they were;
                  Ruger, Bersa, CZ, etc. are all proven performers that had a low price way back when. I paid under $200 new for Ruger Speed Six, Security Six, and Single Six.
                  Rock Island Armory (Armscor) and Hi-Point now have a following. Some people believe that Taurus, Charter Arms, and Rossi are solid performers. I owned a Taurus and would not put it in same category as others I have mentioned.
                  My Taurus M85 went several hundred rounds before it failed. My Jennings J22 only jammed 1 shot out of 6. Not 100% reliable, but much better than throwing a rock.
                  God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    CaliforniaSon
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 748

                    Hi-point .380 or 9mm

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      bubbapug1
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7958

                      A tokarev is an excellent gun. If it had better sights it would be on par with a hi power or 1911. The ammo you buy is also deadly, but its corrosive too. Its not that big of a deal as the tokarev is not as hard to clean as a 1911.
                      I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        9mmlove
                        Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 218

                        I just got a brand new g19 with trijicon nite sights, grip plug, and original stuff for 350. This thing is brand speakin new too. I haven't shot it yet
                        M. Gandhi (1869-1948) "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          Virus55
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • 1697

                          Maybe a used S&W 637 Airweight .38?
                          Active Law Enforcement
                          Certified Glock Armorer
                          Hunter & Fisherman
                          God Bless The USA
                          Lets Go Brandon!!!

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            Travis590A1
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 5233

                            Originally posted by Cato
                            $200?

                            Perhaps you should consider carrying a quality firearm around your home in a holster. Something small, yet effective would be a good option.
                            This, your in your house. Stash a quality gun in your waistband. If your that worried about not getting to your safe in time why wouldn't you not already have one on your person?

                            Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
                            Last edited by Travis590A1; 12-12-2012, 11:58 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              Red Devil
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 800

                              Consumer Guide to Funeral and Cemetery Purchases

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                PjstoL
                                Member
                                • Dec 2012
                                • 147

                                I've been doing my research on an inexpensive guns as well, and figured the under $250 range isn't worth paying for. With alot of things, you get what you pay for. Just save a little more and you can get a Stoeger Cougar (full size/compact, all metal frame, multiple calibers) for 400 from Buds. Comes with good reviews, is reliable, and Beretta Cougar mags work on it too!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1