Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which 1911?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Brandon04GT
    In Memoriam
    • Feb 2011
    • 3016

    There are definitely some differences between an N and NM Loaded...the slide to frame fit always seems to be tighter and the roll marks on the NM always appear to be cleaner. If you notice, the NM Loaded's all come with a stainless barrel bushing whereas the N ones do not. Also, it appears that the N's come with a serrated mainspring housing while the NM ones come checkered.

    At least from what I've seen, all shops charge the same price for either of them and the one you get is basically random when they pull one off their shelf. I also personally don't love the fact that there is a big "MADE IN BRAZIL - IMBEL" on the side of the gun. Yes I know even the NM's start their life in Brazil. For the most part, if I am going to buy an American gun from an American company.....I would want it (at least mostly) made in America.
    Last edited by Brandon04GT; 08-04-2012, 8:10 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      Sig Sauer 9mm
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 26

      Originally posted by littlejake
      The SA loaded is fine for the money. I've had one since 2009. There's nothing magic about an NM frame -- likely you won't find an NM right now anyway. Someday, and it looks like it won't be soon, I'd like to move up to a high end 1911 (story for another thread and day.)

      Why are the Kimber's not in contention here -- don't they make a good 1911 in the $1000 price range?
      I agree with you, someday I would like to get a high end 1911. As for the Kimbers, I heard on other forums and websites, that the barrels rust from being in a safe or too long. And they use plastic mainspring housings??

      Comment

      • #18
        Rightwinger
        Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 159

        If it was me I'd buy the Springfield, or the Ruger SR1911 $799.00 retail. Just my two cents.
        sigpic - "Nov. 6th, 2012. UN-United Socialist States of Americia (USSA)...http://www.usdebtclock.org/ .....

        Comment

        • #19
          Sig Sauer 9mm
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2012
          • 26

          what are the mim parts on the SA loaded, would it be the slide release?

          Comment

          • #20
            Brandon04GT
            In Memoriam
            • Feb 2011
            • 3016

            Originally posted by Sig Sauer 9mm
            what are the mim parts on the SA loaded, would it be the slide release?
            Pretty much everything....including the slide release.

            Comment

            • #21
              Sig Sauer 9mm
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 26

              really? I didn't know that. But it doesn't cause problems or anything does it?

              Comment

              • #22
                whipkiller
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2009
                • 3461

                I'm very happy with my SA Loaded (N serial #)

                I hear good reviews about the Sigs also, so I'm sure you'd be happy with either one if it comes down to personal preference.

                When I was researching mine and kept hearing over and over about the best customer service going and the no questions asked lifetime warranty, that certainly entered into the equation.
                Too many hobbies, Too little time.

                Mind you, I'm 5'7", 180, with a visible Ab...

                Comment

                • #23
                  Brandon04GT
                  In Memoriam
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 3016

                  Originally posted by Sig Sauer 9mm
                  really? I didn't know that. But it doesn't cause problems or anything does it?
                  Any 1911 short of several thousand dollars will have MIM parts...even the SA Professional has a couple of them, like the firing pin stop and sear disconnector I believe. Properly MIM'd parts seem to hold up a lot better than what the internet leads you to believe. Either way, you can always buy an SA Loaded and ease your worries by upgrading the ignition parts to tool steel components when getting a trigger job done. Those are the parts that most people prefer to have in tool steel. That and the slide stop I believe. Stuff like the firing pin stop being MIM isn't a big deal at all although most people like to fit an over-sized firing pin stop to get rid of extractor clocking and most quality aftermarket firing pin stop's are made of barstock anyway.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Sig Sauer 9mm
                    Junior Member
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 26

                    Originally posted by whipkiller
                    I'm very happy with my SA Loaded (N serial #)

                    I hear good reviews about the Sigs also, so I'm sure you'd be happy with either one if it comes down to personal preference.

                    When I was researching mine and kept hearing over and over about the best customer service going and the no questions asked lifetime warranty, that certainly entered into the equation.
                    well that's good to hear that you are happy with yours, I also have heard about SA's customer service which got me looking at the Loaded model. especially the lifetime warranty. How's the accuracy?

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      hundreddollarman
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 1485

                      Anyone have any thoughts on Ruger's SR1911? I've seen a lot of positive reviews on Youtube.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        KandyRedCoi
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2011
                        • 1748

                        Kimber is also a good choice...love my raptor 2
                        -Coi- N R A member since 2008
                        .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
                        ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Sig Sauer 9mm
                          Junior Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 26

                          how is the eclipse target? do you know? beautiful gun by the way!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            KandyRedCoi
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2011
                            • 1748

                            Originally posted by Sig Sauer 9mm
                            how is the eclipse target? do you know? beautiful gun by the way!
                            thanks!

                            as far as the Eclipse "target" model im not familair with, but i did shoot my step dads Eclipse Custom 2 quite a bit, love the finish, gun runs flawless with ZERO issues til this day

                            sucks theres been a lot of bad media on the KIMBERS, but as ive mentioned in many of the threads here, me and 6 of my close buddies all have KIMBERS and NONE has had any issues except for mine and it was finish related and all functioned 100%
                            -Coi- N R A member since 2008
                            .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
                            ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              JTROKS
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 13093

                              Judging with my most recent 1911 purchases I would pick Springfield Armory.

                              I own a Sig 1911 TTT and a SA Loaded Target in 9mm.
                              The wise man said just find your place
                              In the eye of the storm
                              Seek the roses along the way
                              Just beware of the thorns...
                              K. Meine

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                keenkeen
                                Calguns Addict
                                • May 2011
                                • 6782

                                Originally posted by hundreddollarman
                                Anyone have any thoughts on Ruger's SR1911? I've seen a lot of positive reviews on Youtube.
                                My thoughts:

                                They look very good for the price...


                                They are hard to get for MSRP as they are WAY back ordered and not on the CA roster.
                                "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1