Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ROLL CALL: M&P 9 Shield owners

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    fourXfour
    Member
    • May 2006
    • 391

    I'm still thinking about picking one up. There is a rumored LE version in the pipeline as well. It may come standard with night sights and extra mag.

    I can't find one locally to fondle so I ordered a blue gun to play with.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    Comment

    • #17
      JNunez23
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 2755

      I'd stick with the Kahr over the Shield. Once he gets over the long trigger pull on that Kahr, he'll be fine. Just has to work on flinch control and he'll be good to go. Same thing happened to me, took me a few trips to the range to warm up to my MK9.

      Just my 2 cents.
      sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
      John Wooden

      Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

      Comment

      • #18
        OIF0708
        Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 387

        Bought my Shield and SR22 in MO before moving to California and glad I did, no mag lock issues!
        I have the P99c and other than being a DBl stack and a little thick for CCW it is a great little pistol. Not to taint the pool too much but have you looked at the PPS?
        I find it virtually a dead heat when compared to the Shield. I shoot the Shield and PPS better than any of my other pistols and wouldn't hesitate to trust my life with either one.
        Last edited by OIF0708; 07-24-2012, 1:01 AM.

        Comment

        • #19
          foxracer72
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 68

          I have to ask, what is the diference between the California version and the out of state ones?

          Comment

          • #20
            OIF0708
            Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 387

            I think it has to have certain features like; Loaded chamber indicator, magizine Safety(so it can't fire w/o a magazine in place). Might be some others but I just moved here a month or so ago.

            Comment

            • #21
              DRAB_81
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 2482

              Any more Shield owners out there?

              Comment

              • #22
                shipwreck
                Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 423

                Well, they are VERY hard to find in the rest of the 49 states. They can't keep up with the demand. So, as they are just now hitting CA - I suspect it will be quite some time before you get a lot of CA owners
                -
                Visit: Texas Gun Forum!!!!

                Comment

                • #23
                  viet4lifeOC
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 4888

                  Originally posted by Longhill
                  I saw a add posted on the display case at the Signal Hill Turners for deposits. $399, delivery in October.
                  Thanks for the information.

                  Just called Turner's in Fountain Valley and they are taking deposits for $399 Shield (ETA October).

                  Going to head there after work and pay in full. I am that PSYCHED about this gun.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    scootle
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 2702

                    $399 is a pretty decent prices... i think supply is the problem right now in CA. compliant models just started to be available.

                    i'd guess you could SSE one, but even nation-wide, supplies sound pretty low.

                    i want to check one out tho... but it's a little bit of a hard sell if you run a full-sized M&P and want the option of utilizing some of the same holsters and magazines between full-size and compact, imho. e.g. my M&P9c with light will lock into my full-sized RCS holster w/o any problems whatsoever.

                    seems like a pretty slick pistol regardless tho, same ergos (minus the interchangeable backstraps) as the double-stack brethren.

                    i'd love to hear if anyone locates one in the norcal area.
                    SCC CCW *326 Days, $1051.29*
                    Application: 2/27/2023 ($72.33)
                    Original Interview: 12/21@1030|Actual: 4/13@0900
                    'Informal" email Background complete: 9/19
                    Email to schedule Psych: 10/27@1539 ($150)
                    Psych Test: 11/3@0800|Psych Interview: 11/9@0900 (Dr.McKenzie)
                    LiveScan: 11/9 (UPS Store $93+$25)|Livescan cleared: CA/FBI 11/9, Firearms 11/20
                    LiveScan Email: 11/17@0842
                    Training Email: 11/29@1007|Instructor: 1/10/2024 SaberTactics ($399+40)|Docs: 1/12
                    Approval: 1/17@1346 ($264+$7.96)|Pickup: 1/19@1030

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      mydogsmonkey
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 4166

                      if anyone wants to check mine out before they commit, ur free to as long as it works out with my scheduling

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        viet4lifeOC
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 4888

                        Originally posted by mydogsmonkey
                        if anyone wants to check mine out before they commit, ur free to as long as it works out with my scheduling
                        ever in the ORange COunty area?

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Legasat
                          Intergalactic Member
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 4151

                          The CA version just hit the S&W Wesson website. Expected availability is Oct 2012.
                          ..

                          .........STGC(SW)


                          SAF Life Member

                          sigpic
                          NRA Benefactor

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            mydogsmonkey
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 4166

                            Originally posted by viet4lifeOC
                            ever in the ORange COunty area?
                            sorry not really, I usually stay around the san fernando valley or san gabriel valley.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              viet4lifeOC
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 4888

                              Originally posted by mydogsmonkey
                              sorry not really, I usually stay around the san fernando valley or san gabriel valley.
                              No problem. I appreciate the kind offer.

                              I bought two M&P 9c kydex holsters. Do you think the shield fits m&p 9 compact holsters?

                              Thank you

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                mydogsmonkey
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 4166

                                Originally posted by viet4lifeOC
                                No problem. I appreciate the kind offer.

                                I bought two M&P 9c kydex holsters. Do you think the shield fits m&p 9 compact holsters?

                                Thank you
                                I doubt it, I recall holding an m&p9c and they're thicker compared to this. That and my Kel-tec PF9 and Ruger LC9 holster fit the Shield.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1