Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommend a CCW holster?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Javi
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 4540

    On the subject of Raven, I'm really curious to see more of their Vanguard 2 'holster':

    Originally posted by d4v0s
    My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
    R.I.P. Thomas C.

    Comment

    • #17
      pyromensch
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2010
      • 6881

      That may be a CG first!



      Spyder

      "You guys need to take more drugs. Then you can TASTE the sound, and HEAR the light!"

      Comment

      • #18
        Ponderosa2
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 550

        I use a TT Gunleather phoenix stronghold IWB holster for my ccw. Excellent holster. It is a very solid platform to carry and draw from. I disagree with the above comment that leather is too thick for IWB. I carry a HK p2000sk in mine and have never had a problem printing or anything. They are a very well made product.

        Comment

        • #19
          TonyRumore
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2007
          • 52

          Milt Sparks Versa Max II - there is a good reason there is a huge waiting list and after you get on it, it takes 8 months to get your holster.

          Comment

          • #20
            cmace22
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 2717

            Raven Concealment or if you dont want to wait for 4 months


            JM Custom Kydex

            Comment

            • #21
              dobek
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 651

              I like Galco V Hawk - inexpensive - easy to find

              IWB - adjustable cant - good fit - not that plastic stuff that seems to be so popular

              Steve

              Comment

              • #22
                ErikTheRed
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 1604

                Obviously you're not a 'rotund' fella such as myself or you'd be asking about Ruger LCP's and front jacket pockets. :-)
                Proudly nestled all snugly and warm in Hillary's basket. She even made room for my bibles and guns!


                I've committed $10 a month to the CalGuns Foundation. Have you??? Join us and donate here!

                Comment

                • #23
                  stevie
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3856

                  TT gunleather, IWB....

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    rgs1975
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 1929

                    Crossbreed FTW...

                    It's too late, it's over.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      adrenaline
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 1437

                      I love my Crossbreed when carrying my 9mm. Since I'm picking up a HK45c soon, I ordered a WhiteHat because I didn't want to wait for the Crossbreed (my Crossbreed took a while after I placed the order).

                      I carry a fullsize USP and the Crossbreed does well with my basic clothing (not heavy wear). More tight fitting althletic stuff doesn't hide the greatest, but with my HK45c..I'll probably buy larger sized warmer weather clothing .

                      Will report on how the White Hat holsters work with my HK45c vs Crossbreed (full size USP). I hear that they are very similar if not identical.


                      "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry.

                      Our Founders Views Regarding the 2nd Amendment - Right to Keep and Bear Arms

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        GunDog
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 1825

                        Great thread. After reviewing all the many options, I have ordered a CrossBreed Super Tuck for my Glock 21SF and 30SF.
                        NRA Life Benefactor Member
                        CRPA Life Member
                        VFW Life Member

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          BunnySlayer
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2009
                          • 992

                          I carry daily and how I carry varies depanding on what I'm wearing. Mostly either a fanny pack or a pocket holster with a Jframe Smith or at work I wear a suit with a side holster and a commander length 1911. Unfortunately pretty much everybody I know who carries all the time ends up with a bag of holsters that didnt work out. Stuff that looked better on the shelf or in the catalog but wasnt fo you. What works great for others may or may not work for you. You just have to try everything you can. If you can borrow before you buy, even better.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            GutPunch
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 2228

                            I've used the M-Tac for about six months. I like the holster if you can get away with polo shirts or untucked button down shirts. Buy a good gun belt because you are carrying a heavy weapon (and possibly an extra clip on the other side) and its going to cause you to sag.

                            However, IWB seems to me to fall flat when you have to dress a bit more professional with tucked in shirts. This makes the access and present time to long and you print pretty easy. My solution was pocket holsters. I've got a DeSantis Nemisis. You will need pleated pants or loose (yet nice looking) dockers/jeans. I think the Glock 26 is probably too big/heavy to be the "best" pocket weapon but it does work.

                            YMMV
                            "...That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..." - Thomas Jefferson
                            "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people." - John Adams
                            "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." - Alexis de Tocqueville

                            Proud Contributing Member:
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              kaligaran
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2011
                              • 4800

                              I second crossbreed. I use the 'minituck' and love it. It's so comfortable I forget I'm wearing it after a bit. I wear it at 3:30.
                              WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up.
                              Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Sam
                                Calguns Addict
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 5205

                                I've had great results with Cane & Derby.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1