Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock pro's cons ?'s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 451040
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 2169

    Originally posted by dirtykoala
    ...
    Your desperation is pathetic.

    Originally posted by chrisf
    Smartest man on this forum. I personally will never even think of a glock, Because I don't want to be associated with glock owners.
    ^ Not the smartest man on this forum.

    Originally posted by TwoAsoapbox
    Show your 1911 to your friends and your Glock to your enemies.

    Comment

    • NorCalK9.com
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2010
      • 3958

      Well looks like im going Glock shoppung today, hopefully I can find a used one gen3 at a fair price at tracy rifle and pistol.
      K.N.P.V. line malinois.
      Like my AR but LOVE myAK
      https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
      Our dogs bite
      Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

      Comment

      • Bakerloo
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 1725

        Originally posted by vintagearms
        How much trigger time have you actually had with Glocks?
        None...The first pistol that I bought was a XD45. I went to the LGS with the intention of buying a Glock 30. I held it for a few minutes and decided that I didn't like the feel of it. The XD works for me.

        A month or so later, I decided that I wanted a 9mm. Again, I went to the store and held a Glock 17. It didn't feel right, so I asked to see a XD9. They were out of stock, but they did have a M&P 9. Ten days later I drove home with it.

        Four months ago, I bought a Springfield Armory 1911. I like the feel of that too.

        I believe that Glocks are fine pistols. There is probably nothing on the market that is tougher than a Glock. For me, it was "the square peg in a round hole" argument. I don't want to adapt just so I can have a Glock.
        ...while the buffoon in the White House prances around celebrating butt sex.

        Comment

        • gorenut
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 3072

          Originally posted by Bart1
          When I think glock I really don't see any cons. I like Glocks, sigs and 1911 and it's what my safe is full off.

          I know and have met a lot of people with "pretty/good looking/has soul" kind of guns but never really shoot them because they don't want to scratch their precious guns..I call that posing. I also know some poeple who hates Glocks but have never really given the gun a good chance to really learn good things about them or are new to firearms.

          Glacks are awesome weapons that will give you very consistent trigger pull/trigger reset every single time. I change my own trigger weight spring and make it as lite a trigger pull as I want before it starts to affect reliability like safety not working and light primer strikes. All this in a combat accurate gun that that weighs a lot less than most guns.

          I can afford pretty much any pistol I want but I stick with Glocks, sigs and 1911's.

          H&K are also good but not worth the brand new price to me.
          Pretty much my outlook.
          I don't really see Glocks as cheap guns. I've own(ed) H&Ks, Sigs, S&W PC guns, etc.. and there is always room in my safe for Glocks. Hi-Points, Sigmas, and lately SP2022s and XDs are what I consider lower priced guns (though I think at least half of these are really good guns). Don't let snobby elitists tell you Glocks are no good just because they're scared of going with a firearm that earned its mass ownership through its own proper merits.. or because they only want guns that are around 1k and higher. Most of them just want some kind of "gun cred" within the community. If a gun doesn't work for you, thats fine, just say it.. but no reason to make up horror stories heard from a friend of a guy of a friend's uncle. No one take these last statements personally, it wasn't specifically targeted towards anyone.. as I'm lumping stereotypes from other forums as well.

          I personally like the G17/34 frame the best right now, but I've had great experiences with the G26 and the G19 is really warming up to me. If you never take apart your guns, you'll never fully appreciate a Glock. The biggest game winner for me with Glocks besides the already touted reliability.. just how accessible their parts are and how easy it is to replace any part on your own. It's finessed simplicity is an engineering success on how neatly everything is housed. I've taken apart guns where random tiny parts would just fall out. A real headache to get into.
          Last edited by gorenut; 12-29-2011, 8:58 AM.

          Comment

          • NorCalK9.com
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 3958

            Sounds like your describing an AK lol I just want the AK of pistols, I shoot about 900+ rounds a week with the AK's and I want a pistol that I can afford to shoot like that with and keep the reliability.
            Originally posted by gorenut
            Pretty much my outlook.
            I don't really see Glocks as cheap guns. I've own(ed) H&Ks, Sigs, S&W PC guns, etc.. and there is always room in my safe for Glocks. Hi-Points, Sigmas, and lately SP2022s and XDs are what I consider lower priced guns (though I think at least half of these are really good guns). Don't let snobby elitists tell you Glocks are no good just because they're scared of going with a firearm that earned its mass ownership through its own proper merits.. or because they only want guns that are around 1k and higher. Most of them just want some kind of "gun cred" within the community. If a gun doesn't work for you, thats fine, just say it.. but no reason to make up horror stories heard from a friend of a guy of a friend's uncle. No one take these last statements personally, it wasn't specifically targeted towards anyone.. as I'm lumping stereotypes from other forums as well.

            I personally like the G17/34 frame the best right now, but I've had great experiences with the G26 and the G19 is really warming up to me. If you never take apart your guns, you'll never fully appreciate a Glock. The biggest game winner for me with Glocks besides the already touted reliability.. just how accessible their parts are and how easy it is to replace any part on your own. It's finessed simplicity is an engineering success on how neatly everything is housed. I've taken apart guns where random tiny parts would just fall out. A real headache to get into.
            K.N.P.V. line malinois.
            Like my AR but LOVE myAK
            https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
            Our dogs bite
            Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

            Comment

            • Striker
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 750

              Originally posted by Bakerloo
              None...The first pistol that I bought was a XD45. I went to the LGS with the intention of buying a Glock 30. I held it for a few minutes and decided that I didn't like the feel of it. The XD works for me.

              A month or so later, I decided that I wanted a 9mm. Again, I went to the store and held a Glock 17. It didn't feel right, so I asked to see a XD9. They were out of stock, but they did have a M&P 9. Ten days later I drove home with it.

              Four months ago, I bought a Springfield Armory 1911. I like the feel of that too.

              I believe that Glocks are fine pistols. There is probably nothing on the market that is tougher than a Glock. For me, it was "the square peg in a round hole" argument. I don't want to adapt just so I can have a Glock.
              Well, holding a gun in a store and running a gun are not the same things. This is a mistake I think a lot of people make. I use to do that to, but now with pistols, if I'm interested in something that I haven't previously shot, I try to find a range fairly close so I can run it a bit. I came to this conclusion after first holding a Glock 21 in a store and dismissing it. Then I had a chance to run one and, while I understand the grip size is huge, it didn't hinder my shooting at all. Conversely, I held a Sig P220 in a store, thought it was great; went to local range, ran it and hated it. All to say running a gun is different than holding one. Just my opinion.

              Comment

              • Moto
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2011
                • 854

                I don't understand all the "I don't like the looks of Glocks" talk here?

                I personally LOVE the looks of the Glocks since the first moment I saw them.

                I think the Sigs and HK's are kind of fugly personally. Rugers, yuk.

                The Glocks are the cleanest looking pistols out there all the parts are proportional. What's not to like about the looks?
                Freedom in the USA is not the freedom from offense. It is actually the freedom to offend.

                Comment

                • Lovin
                  Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 155

                  Originally posted by chrisf
                  Smartest man on this forum. I personally will never even think of a glock, Because I don't want to be associated with glock owners.
                  I think it's funny that an adult would still think this way.

                  Comment

                  • Distro
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 812

                    Originally posted by Lovin
                    I think it's funny that an adult would still think this way.
                    Being an adult, and being old enough to be considered an adult are two different things.

                    Comment

                    • fullspeed1
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 1908

                      Vickers, Haley, Costa, Yeager and many others, All of whom
                      are industry proffessionals with more experience than 98% of us who spend our time on the internet arguing whose gun is cooler will agree hands down that Glocks are a hard use defensive combat pistol that they can and will always rely on. Correct me if im wrong, But I believe that the majority of them have stated that they do appreciate 1911's, and will run them only if they are custom made by themselves or their preffered pistolsmith specifically tailored to them.

                      Comment

                      • Nor Cal Scot
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2011
                        • 1349

                        I bought the Glock 22 (.40 Cal) a month or so ago. So far, I have put about 600 rds od reman/ reload ammunition through it and maybe 50 rds of better quality. Out of the 650 or so rds, I have had probably 10 FTE's. You'll probably be fine with whatever ammo you put through it.

                        It's a fun gun, shoots straight and is easy to clean. I'm happy with it. Probably going to buy a G19 from a buddy. Wouldn't mind having something in 9mm.
                        Veteran Owned and Operated Coffee Roaster in Nor Cal
                        http://www.roadroastercoffee.com

                        One time, 20% Off Entire Order Coupon- use code calguns

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • NorCalK9.com
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 3958

                          I just became the proud owner of a glock27 gna get my 9mm barrel n mag and have a 2for1 pistol. I cant wait for it to get out of jail maube theyll let him go early for good behavior! Lol
                          K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                          Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                          https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                          Our dogs bite
                          Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                          Comment

                          • Bart1
                            Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 290

                            Well, holding a gun in a store and running a gun are not the same things. This is a mistake I think a lot of people make. I use to do that to, but now with pistols, if I'm interested in something that I haven't previously shot, I try to find a range fairly close so I can run it a bit. I came to this conclusion after first holding a Glock 21 in a store and dismissing it.
                            This is part of the point I was making on my previous post. To many people here read about Glocks grip angle that as soon as someone checks them out in the store they look for the grip angle. IT ISN'T much different shooting a Glock as far as angles are concern. Most people can shoot one gun, pick up another and shoot it just as well/bad as the other (the way it should be). I have med size hands and I shoot my Glock30 NON SF model just fine. This is right after shooting my new Kimber Stainless II Target 9mm

                            NorcalK9 - very wise choice! Congrats!
                            Last edited by Bart1; 12-29-2011, 2:30 PM.

                            Comment

                            • g_conway
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 572

                              As far as I am concerned, the only CON to a glock is the 2x4 grip. I have been told that the gen 4 has fixed this, but I haven't seen one yet. I bought the S&W M&P for that reason. I have also seen numerous posts stating that you cant use lead bullets.
                              G_Conway
                              ______________________________________________

                              Smith and Wesson... The original Point and Click interface.

                              Comment

                              • Bakerloo
                                Senior Member
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 1725

                                Originally posted by Bart1
                                This is part of the point I was making on my previous post. To many people here read about Glocks grip angle that as soon as someone checks them out in the store they look for the grip angle. IT ISN'T much different shooting a Glock as far as angles are concern. Most people can shoot one gun, pick up another and shoot it just as well/bad as the other (the way it should be). I have med size hands and I shoot my Glock30 NON SF model just fine. This is right after shooting my new Kimber Stainless II Target 9mm

                                NorcalK9 - very wise choice! Congrats!
                                I went to the LGS to BUY a Glock...I wanted one bad. I like the fact that I can buy any part that I want on the aftermarket. I like that most parts are "drop in." The gun just didn't feel right for ME. If it works for you, I am jealous...I bought the gun that works for me.

                                They make many different flavors of ice cream. You're not wrong if you prefer vanilla over chocolate...

                                NorcalK9- good for you! I hope you are happy with your purchase!
                                Last edited by Bakerloo; 12-29-2011, 4:55 PM.
                                ...while the buffoon in the White House prances around celebrating butt sex.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1