Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

glock or beretta

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    Gnome
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 1693

    Tough one. Both great guns. Different, but both great. I own and love the Beretta. Not fancy, but it's a workhorse. However, the Beretta does like to be regularly cleaned and oiled.

    I don't have a lot of experience with the Glock, but have shot them. I personally don't like the trigger. We all know what kind of abuse the Glock can take and still function.

    Screw it! Buy them both. You deserve it.

    Originally posted by E Pluribus Unum
    During Y2K my neighbor and I were talking and he said he had a basement full of water and canned food. He asked if I had stocked up and I said that I had. I told him I bought a 12 guage shotgun, a .308 rifle and several bricks of .22 ammo.

    He is an anti-gun guy and he said. "Well, you can't eat ammunition". I replied with "When I'm starving to death with a case of ammunition, who's door do you think I am going to knock on?"

    Comment

    • #92
      Sicilian
      Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 205

      Originally posted by Tiberius
      Not at all - no one wants a wife who might just act out and chew a hole through your leg. Now and then, tho, the thrill of getting a ____ leg can be exciting.

      I am totally with you there. I was just pointing out that from the way it was written it is actually the same thing. You wrote that one is the wife, and the other is the girlfriend you knew not to marry. This implies that you knew not to marry her, but you did anyway. So, either you have two wives, or married the slutty girlfriend I just thought it was funny.

      To me the Glock is the slutty girlfriend. She is always ready to please when you need her The Beretta is the one you take home to show off to the folks. "See how nice and sophisticated she is?"
      rightleft - Ecclesiastes 10:2 sigpic

      Comment

      • #93
        Baer1911
        Senior Member
        • May 2011
        • 809

        You know you want them both!!!!!


        =)


        But seriously Glock is a must have. And for 9mm glock, I did go with G34. Totally worth the extra $$$
        Stuff I got for sale:
        +++ Dan Wesson DWX, Glock 47 MOS, Walther PPK Stainless Steel, Canik Rival Dark Side, Canik Mete SF, FN 509 LS EDGE OR, Springfield SA35 Hi Power, HK VP Match OR, Beretta 92XI SAO, Beretta APX A1 and more



        Comment

        • #94
          tcd511
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 826

          Originally posted by glockman19
          Can't stand my Beretta 92FS INOX...Bought it because it looked beautiful...

          I hate the mushy trigger and it's safety & heft.

          Give me a Glock any day and twice on Sunday's. If you get a 3rd gen Glock 17 I'll trade you if you don't like it.
          this....The 92FS brigadier I had was just to heavy. Nice looking gun but just too much.

          Comment

          • #95
            dbear22
            Member
            • Jan 2010
            • 138

            I bought the Glock (or the slutty girlfriend) in the end it was the trigger reach and the fact the glock was on sale for 479 here in Sac. thanks for all that voted and chimed in

            Comment

            • #96
              nrgcruizer
              Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 423

              Originally posted by dbear22
              I bought the Glock (or the slutty girlfriend) in the end it was the trigger reach and the fact the glock was on sale for 479 here in Sac. thanks for all that voted and chimed in
              Learning you are, young padawan. Learning you are!

              Comment

              • #97
                tacticalcity
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Aug 2006
                • 10929

                Originally posted by Tiberius
                Not at all - no one wants a wife who might just act out and chew a hole through your leg. Now and then, tho, the thrill of getting a ____ leg can be exciting.
                If you knew what you were doing you would know how to stop that from happening. With the Glock, with the Wife, and with the Girlfriend.

                Sign up for a Defensive Handgun Course my friend. The offer them on here for $150. Your skill and confidence level will go up and you will realize how silly you were being now. Your brain is the only safety you need. If you're not smart enough to keep your finger off the trigger, then we're all better off. As for the girlfriends and wives, learning how to keep them happy will cost a lot more than $150.

                Last edited by tacticalcity; 09-02-2011, 5:48 PM.

                Comment

                • #98
                  MTG Firearms
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 1524

                  Glad to hear that you went with the Glock. You'll be happy that you did.
                  MTG Firearms, Inc.
                  9174 Franklin Blvd Suite B
                  Elk Grove, CA 95758
                  01 FFL

                  Monday-Friday 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
                  Saturday 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
                  Closed on Sundays

                  https://www.facebook.com/MTGFirearms
                  (916) 525-5229
                  bob@mtgfirearms.com

                  "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

                  "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    tacticalcity
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 10929

                    Originally posted by five.five-six
                    the fact that the glock is even mentioned in the same poll as the Beretta and that the glock has received any votes at all is a very sad commentary one the educational efforts of CGN,

                    I hide my face in shame, even the anti's lurking on calgunz know to vote for the Beretta
                    Well...I like the Avatar very much but you are absolutely NUTS on this one. Anybody will any experience in Defensive Shooting knows the Glock is a much better option. Faster, more reliable, and built to win the fight. The Beretta is built to keep the untrained masses from having NDs because they don't know what they are doing. While you're still pulling your first trigger pull out of the hoster I've gotten my controlled pair off. If you try rush the pull, you mash the trigger. No I'm not calling you out. I'm speaking of the figurative "you" and simply pointing out the Beretta is not built for speed in a visual way. The Beretta is a terrible, terrible design. This is coming from someone who was issued an M9, and mistakenly owned one until he saw the light. I've been there, done that. Never again.
                    Last edited by tacticalcity; 09-02-2011, 5:58 PM.

                    Comment

                    • tacticalcity
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 10929

                      Originally posted by bob6565
                      Glad to hear that you went with the Glock. You'll be happy that you did.
                      +1, Now time to find a Defensive Handgun or Pistol I course in your area. Lots of fun, and critical skills any gun owner should have.

                      Comment

                      • Donk310
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 1798

                        Originally posted by dbear22
                        I bought the Glock (or the slutty girlfriend) in the end it was the trigger reach and the fact the glock was on sale for 479 here in Sac. thanks for all that voted and chimed in
                        It was a good sale about 2 years ago that added a Glock to my safe as well. LOL. It's been sitting there ever since.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • glockman19
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 10486

                          Originally posted by Ron-Solo
                          You should have at least one of each. I have two 92f's and two Glock 19's. They are both great guns but are as different as apples and oranges.

                          My favorite right now is my M&P 9......or is it the 9c........or the M&P 45? Last week it was my H&K P2000. OK, so I'm a handgun whore.
                          I think it's more fruits and vegetables...They are two totally different firearms...not even in he same food group.

                          Comment

                          • Tiberius
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 1168

                            Numerous studies have proven that one of the most effective ways to avoid Glock leg is not to carry a Glock.

                            Most of the people who have contracted Glock leg had more training than a simple Defensive Handgun Course. Don't make me post that video: "I'm the only one here trained well enough to carry a . . . BANG" I've taken courses and agree - they instill a much greater level of confidence and ability.

                            Everyone has to decide for themselves. Glock-style guns (and I have and enjoy some) are less forgiving. And they also have advantages. In my personal opinion, CCW with a Glock style offers more opportunities for an ND because most folks CCW IWB and there's a greater chance for something (a piece of clothing, a coin, whatever) to get involved. It shouldn't happen. But planes shouldn't crash either. That Air France jet out of Brazil a while back crashed because 3-4 highly trained pilots couldn't recognize a stall. Should never have happened. But . . . stuff happens. The best advice is treat them all as loaded; every gun is a rattlesnake.



                            Originally posted by tacticalcity
                            If you knew what you were doing you would know how to stop that from happening. With the Glock, with the Wife, and with the Girlfriend.

                            Sign up for a Defensive Handgun Course my friend. The offer them on here for $150. Your skill and confidence level will go up and you will realize how silly you were being now. Your brain is the only safety you need. If you're not smart enough to keep your finger off the trigger, then we're all better off. As for the girlfriends and wives, learning how to keep them happy will cost a lot more than $150.

                            Comment

                            • BayouBullets
                              Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 275

                              true but...

                              Originally posted by SOCOM1
                              The US Military bets their lives on the Beretta...
                              The CZ 9mm P-01 tested 4 to 5 times fewer failures in its qualifying test for NATO. The CZ 75 family just wasn't available to the U.S. military back when the military trials happened.
                              The standard for testing for the Czech's requires 4000 dry fires and either 30,000 standard load or 15,000 +P rounds without needing a repair or parts replacement. What was Glock's famous test????????????
                              NOTHING has ever qualified higher in NATO testing than the CZ.
                              That said, how the weapon grips is more important than anything else, at least for the first 5000 rounds. All 3 weapons are likely to go the first 5000 without a single mechanical failure. Get what fits best.
                              9mm and 45acp are equally lousy. There's not a dime's worth of difference in REAL terminal ballistics. Get over it.

                              Comment

                              • BayouBullets
                                Member
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 275

                                Sidetrack, but I'm a historian as well as Gun person

                                Dear bob6565 and anyone else using this sigline: "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

                                This is NOT actually a Jefferson quote. It does not appear in anything Jefferson ever wrote. It's first known appearance in print was in 1986.
                                --John Galt, Dreams Come Due: Government and Economics as if Freedom Mattered. (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1986)
                                Sorry, but spurious quotations of Jefferson are everywhere and it drives me nuts. LOL
                                --"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms." comes from the 1st draft Jefferson wrote for the Virginia Constitution. His 3rd and final draft read, "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms within his own lands or tenements." The sentence did not make it into the constitution Virginia adopted.
                                Last edited by BayouBullets; 09-03-2011, 3:20 PM. Reason: punctuation correction
                                9mm and 45acp are equally lousy. There's not a dime's worth of difference in REAL terminal ballistics. Get over it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1