Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking for input on a new 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    neomedic
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 3276

    Originally posted by IPSICK
    If your hand can fit an HK USP45 and you can use DA/SA triggers effectively, I think the CZ is the better choice.
    I love the HK USP. No issues with the triggers.

    SA only. 10 shot group, free hand, at 7-8 yards.

    Comment

    • #32
      d4v0s
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 1661

      I have handled/shot both guns and didnt like either (xdm in .40), I am selling my sig220 sao to get the FN FXP. I think Fns pistols are the single most underated gun on the market.

      just my .02

      and I cant wait to own a 9mm, I can shoot 1000 rounds a weekend compared to 250 with my .45. (ammo is 36 bucks for 50 around here) mmm mmm good
      Last edited by d4v0s; 08-25-2011, 4:32 PM. Reason: add cals
      Originally posted by Franklincollector
      It was administered with a toothpick and placed on a street taco.

      Comment

      • #33
        Blackhawk556
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 4202

        OP, I have the cz 75 sp-01 and the 4.5" xdm in bi-tone. I highly recommend the CZ over the xdm hands down. I wanted a xdm for over a year and I finally got it in December. Spend $826 and sad to say, I'm not happy with it . Out of the box the cz has a waaaay better trigger compared to the crappy xdm trigger. Since the cz is about $200 cheaper, you can use the savings and get a trigger job on the cz and make it even better. If you get the xdm, you're going to end up getting a trigger job and total price will be close to $1,000. I'm on my phone so I can't see where you live, but if you live in the Fresno area hit me up and I'll let you shoot mine so that you can compare them.
        sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
        "If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"

        Comment

        • #34
          neomedic
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 3276

          How does the xdM trigger compare to the xd trigger?

          I shot the xd subcompact 9mm and the full size version. The trigger has a pretty long creep and long reset, but it breaks pretty clean. I can live with the xd trigger.

          Just want to know if its about the same or will the xdM 5.25 have a slightly better trigger than last gens?

          Thanks.

          Comment

          • #35
            IPSICK
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • 4259

            Originally posted by neomedic
            I love the HK USP. No issues with the triggers.

            SA only. 10 shot group, free hand, at 7-8 yards.

            With the CZ, you could shoot that group in SA at double that distance. Btw, what do those groups look like with DA?
            "When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

            "Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

            Comment

            • #36
              neomedic
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • 3276

              The first shot would probably still be in the circle. But after that, it's all SA anyways unless I decock it. And no point in doing that.

              Comment

              • #37
                BamBam-31
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                • Dec 2005
                • 5318

                Originally posted by Socalmedix
                Out of those two, XD....

                Another option, HK USP 9mm.... Pure sex....
                Fat chicks need love, too.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #38
                  lwlaml
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 675

                  Have you shot them? I was on business in OH and rented both a standard CZ 75 and an XDM. Found that I didn't shoot the SA well at all. I'm sure practice would have helped significantly, but it just wasn't a natural for me like the CZ or a 1911.
                  Lester W. Lam

                  Pistols and rifles and shotguns, oh my!

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    neomedic
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 3276

                    Originally posted by lwlaml
                    Have you shot them? I was on business in OH and rented both a standard CZ 75 and an XDM. Found that I didn't shoot the SA well at all. I'm sure practice would have helped significantly, but it just wasn't a natural for me like the CZ or a 1911.
                    Yeah...shot the CZ75 and the SP-01. Have not shot the xdM. Don't think any range has them in so. cal.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      lwlaml
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 675

                      Rent an XD. The platforms are nearly identical.

                      Originally posted by neomedic
                      Yeah...shot the CZ75 and the SP-01. Have not shot the xdM. Don't think any range has them in so. cal.
                      Lester W. Lam

                      Pistols and rifles and shotguns, oh my!

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Sturnovik
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 2937

                        Originally posted by shipwreck
                        Neither - I'd buy a Beretta 92... Or two of them... Or 4 maybe... 5?

                        Maybe I'd get 6? Oh hell, I'd just buy 8 of 'em

                        Thats a great platform. Love my 96 and the 92's are perfection. If the op is stuck only between those 2 platforms I'd lean CZ since its on roster or atleast assuming you are leaning toward the one that is on the roster already. The XD is sweet and that pic is awesome!

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          zfields
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 13658





                          Cant go wrong either way.

                          CZ is a much better "shooter" as far as pointability and ergos.

                          The XD, at least in my experience, has been a bit more dependable.
                          Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                          10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            neomedic
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 3276

                            Originally posted by lwlaml
                            Rent an XD. The platforms are nearly identical.
                            Have shot the XD many many times. I like the gun and trigger except for the long reset. Take up could be shorten a bit too.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              neomedic
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 3276

                              Originally posted by Sturnovik
                              Thats a great platform. Love my 96 and the 92's are perfection. If the op is stuck only between those 2 platforms I'd lean CZ since its on roster or atleast assuming you are leaning toward the one that is on the roster already. The XD is sweet and that pic is awesome!
                              Roster don't matter in this case. Will do a SSE.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                zfields
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Aug 2010
                                • 13658

                                Originally posted by neomedic
                                Roster don't matter in this case. Will do a SSE.
                                You can always get a good trigger on a XD, or a CZ.
                                Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                                10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1