Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

DRACO: Any Reason to Not Get One?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PsychGuy274
    Veteran Member
    • May 2010
    • 4289

    DRACO: Any Reason to Not Get One?

    So I want a good gun that's reliable for CQC that I can also take out to 600m. My friend said to get a Draco. Is it a good gun?

    Ok, ok, I'm joking

    Really though, I was thinking about getting one because they're so flippin' cheap and they seem cool. Are there any MAJOR problems with them such as feeding issues, reliability issues, etc.? This would be a plinker for me so accuracy is pretty unnecessary. It just seems too good to pass up for the price.
    I am a law enforcement officer in the state of Colorado. Nothing I post is legal advice of any kind.

    CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

    CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training
  • #2
    PolishMike
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2007
    • 6034

    I dont know about a Draco at 600, that's indirect fire lol
    Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

    Comment

    • #3
      QQQ
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 2243

      I had one; it was fun but it jammed. I don't know of anyone else who had that problem, though. I'd say go for it if you want it.

      Comment

      • #4
        CSACANNONEER
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2006
        • 44094

        An AK pistol is a novelty gun. I would NEVER rely on one for CQC or expect to shoot 600 yards with a 9" barreled anything.

        For plinking accracy is everything but, you don't need to worry about precision as much.

        You'll be hard pressed to build one much cheaper than a draco. I think mine ended up being close to $500 to build.
        NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
        California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
        Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
        Utah CCW Instructor


        Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

        sigpic
        CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

        KM6WLV

        Comment

        • #5
          Rekrab
          Valar Dohaeris
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • May 2009
          • 5534

          AK pistols are a ton of fun. I went the build route instead of the buy route. Personally I think the Dracos are overpriced and kind of ugly, so I built an AMD pistol with the original AMD barrel. Kick is light, gun is reasonably accurate, and it ALWAYS gets attention at the range.

          I should stick it in my sled next time I'm out and see what kind of accuracy I can get out of it...

          Like CSA, I ended up just a bit over $500 for parts and build party fees.
          Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W (Round Count 3,050) | Yugo M72 | Romy M44

          Big Ammo Sale!
          Harris Bipod and Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope for Sale

          Comment

          • #6
            nrakid88
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 3285

            get one, move out of state, and sbr it
            sigpic
            5.56 vs. 308? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=267737
            Originally posted by Cali-Shooter
            You are not a mall ninja. You are a defender of mall ninjas.

            Comment

            • #7
              PsychGuy274
              Veteran Member
              • May 2010
              • 4289

              Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
              An AK pistol is a novelty gun. I would NEVER rely on one for CQC or expect to shoot 600 yards with a 9" barreled anything.

              For plinking accracy is everything but, you don't need to worry about precision as much.

              You'll be hard pressed to build one much cheaper than a draco. I think mine ended up being close to $500 to build.
              lol, it was a joke
              I am a law enforcement officer in the state of Colorado. Nothing I post is legal advice of any kind.

              CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

              CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training

              Comment

              • #8
                Full Clip
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2006
                • 10266

                I dig mine. A fun gun for 50-100yrd shooting.

                Comment

                • #9
                  GW
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • May 2004
                  • 16078

                  A friend bought one and now that I've shot it, I'm glad I didn't buy one myself.
                  In stock condition it is difficult to impossible to aim with the smallish AK sights that you have to hold even further away from your eyes. It puts out an almighty muzzle flash at night and with the 10 round/bullet button configuration its not even fun to spray away with.
                  In California, IMHO, its a novelty at best.
                  YMMV but I would take a pass.
                  sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SDM44
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 3902

                    Originally posted by GW
                    In California, IMHO, its a novelty at best.

                    Would you guys also consider an AR pistol in the same category as the Draco or any AK-style pistol? Plinker, novelty, fun-gun?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      CSACANNONEER
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 44094

                      Originally posted by SDM44
                      Would you guys also consider an AR pistol in the same category as the Draco or any AK-style pistol? Plinker, novelty, fun-gun?
                      Yep, they are definately in the same catagory.
                      NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                      California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                      Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                      Utah CCW Instructor


                      Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                      sigpic
                      CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                      KM6WLV

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        C.W.M.V.
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 4647

                        Love mine. Eventually though Ill add a barrel extension and stock to it just to make it more practical.
                        But its alot of fun in the meantime and surprisingly accurate.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          perpetual otter
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jul 2007
                          • 5093

                          Ammo. Biggest reason I don't shoot my Lancaster AK is because I can't shoot the ammo I have for it at the ranges. I figure you'll have the same problem with the Draco.
                          I provide opinions...
                          At a rapid rate.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            gn3hz3ku1*
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 4276

                            Originally posted by C.W.M.V.
                            Love mine. Eventually though Ill add a barrel extension and stock to it just to make it more practical.
                            But its alot of fun in the meantime and surprisingly accurate.
                            why not just buy a full sized ak then?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ZX-10R
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 4122

                              Originally posted by nrakid88
                              get one, move out of state, and sbr it
                              This.
                              USA**************************************************USA
                              03 Chevy Trailblazer , 06 Kawi ZX-10R, 05 Kawi KX250F, 07 Yamaha YZ85 - PSL , AES-10B, (2x) WASR 10/63, Draco AK Pistol, Polish Underfolder, Polish Tantal, Daniel Defense M4, Franken-AR, 1945 Izzy M44, 1936 Tula 91/30, Remington 870 Express, Smith and Wesson M&P 45, FN FNP-9, COLT 1911 XSE . NYC in CA. [COLOR="Red"][B]Obama S(_)[KS!
                              Southwest Sales Manager -SolidWorks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1