Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

M&P vs GLOCK

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ZX-10R
    Veteran Member
    • May 2010
    • 4122

    Originally posted by RollingCode3
    +1 on this. Most people always claim this gun feels great in my hand but shoot like crap at the range.

    I own both and I love them both. I prefer Glock over M&P because I can buy all the parts online for dirt cheap and replace/work on it.

    1. Proven, known platform.
    2. Availability of rimfire conversions for training.
    3. Availability of support/aftermarket equipment (holsters, sights, etc.)
    4. Relative cost. (LEO price: $399 with 3 mags)
    5. Lightweight & concealable.
    6. Availability of larger & smaller sized models with identical controls & magazine/holster compatibility.

    No other platform that I know of meets these needs as they apply to my situation better, so it was an easy choice.



    I like this...But your pictures posted makes the M&P that much better. The Glocks look heinous compared to the M&P.
    USA**************************************************USA
    03 Chevy Trailblazer , 06 Kawi ZX-10R, 05 Kawi KX250F, 07 Yamaha YZ85 - PSL , AES-10B, (2x) WASR 10/63, Draco AK Pistol, Polish Underfolder, Polish Tantal, Daniel Defense M4, Franken-AR, 1945 Izzy M44, 1936 Tula 91/30, Remington 870 Express, Smith and Wesson M&P 45, FN FNP-9, COLT 1911 XSE . NYC in CA. [COLOR="Red"][B]Obama S(_)[KS!
    Southwest Sales Manager -SolidWorks.

    Comment

    • #17
      evolixsurf
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 919

      take a look at the frame of the M&P and then the glock. The frame rails are removeable on M&P and not on glock. They are also beefier on the M&P. That, along with the ergonomics swayed me to the M&P. I would get one... Ive had an itching for a glock, but might just get another M&P.

      Comment

      • #18
        Shenaniguns
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2006
        • 6158

        I don't care if you never bought into the "hype", I've read many of your posts and your reasoning is more emotionally based then logical. Glocks are one of the top defensive handguns out there period and are much simpler then the M&P on the fire control, I also prefer the Carbon Steel Tenifer (QPQ) setup over M&P's Stainless Melonite setup. That being said, I shoot the M&P in less than 2,000 rounds as well as my old Glock 34 which I've shot as much as 9,000 rounds in one year. Now if I could not modify the gun for whatever reason, I'd pick a 9mm Glock over the M&P.


        Originally posted by ZX-10R
        I never bought into the Glock hype and just tried all the handguns that were available to rent or owned by friends.

        - I would never own a Glock is the result.
        - The M&P 9 and M&P 45 (I own the M&P 45) was more accurate for me and also felt more comfortable in my hands. I liked the way it set up for me than a Glock did.

        Try before you buy is all I have to say and don't just do a few rounds, shoot them out and really do a comparison...You will probably end up with the M&P and for God's sake when trying the M&P check out the different grip options...There are 3 and that will help a lot in your decision.
        My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

        Comment

        • #19
          headshrinker
          Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 152

          In a 9mm compact I'd say advantage M&P. Since we can only have 10 rounds, might as well use a small package. In a full-size 9mm I prefer the Beretta 92FS since I am very familiar with it, and happened to have a few full-capacity mags.

          Comment

          • #20
            Fobjoe
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 579

            If you don't plan on putting in apex parts, the stock trigger pull on the M&P may not be your cup of tea. I like the small backstrap on the m&p and also little things like the maximized sight radius. I also prefer the prominent beavertail of the M&P and the option of the thumbsafety (out of state) to give it 1911-esque ergos. I'm not a fan of mag disconnect models and that's another minor hassle unless you like tinkering to remove it.

            Comment

            • #21
              Chuntsman949
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 2282

              I love my Glock 34.. I cant shoot the M&P worth a crap... still a nice pistol tho
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

              Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.




              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                ruchik
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 1189

                I can't see how anyone would say the M&P is more complicated on the fire control; both have trigger safeties, and that's it. Yes, you can get the M&P with a thumb safety, but it's optional. So is the internal lock.

                IMHO, both are so similar in terms of performance and cost, that it really comes down to what feels right in your hand. I don't like Glocks because I have really small hands, and literally cannot pull the little trigger safety back, let alone the actual trigger while using a proper grip. It's also a very fat grip. That would why I bought an M&P, it works very well for people with very small hands like me. Your mileage may vary; what feels great to me may feel terrible to you. I'm not denying the Glock is an excellent pistol. What I am saying is that you need to hold both first, at the very least. Different strokes for different folks.

                Comment

                • #23
                  guns4life
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 4916

                  6K down my M&P, still running strong.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Shenaniguns
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 6158

                    Originally posted by ruchik
                    I can't see how anyone would say the M&P is more complicated on the fire control; both have trigger safeties, and that's it. Yes, you can get the M&P with a thumb safety, but it's optional. So is the internal lock.

                    IMHO, both are so similar in terms of performance and cost, that it really comes down to what feels right in your hand. I don't like Glocks because I have really small hands, and literally cannot pull the little trigger safety back, let alone the actual trigger while using a proper grip. It's also a very fat grip. That would why I bought an M&P, it works very well for people with very small hands like me. Your mileage may vary; what feels great to me may feel terrible to you. I'm not denying the Glock is an excellent pistol. What I am saying is that you need to hold both first, at the very least. Different strokes for different folks.

                    Umm, have you taken one apart? Have you taken a Glock apart? There's way more small pieces in the M&P and it's not as easy to detail strip or assemble. There's no debate about this.
                    My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      guns4life
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 4916

                      Originally posted by Shenaniguns
                      Umm, have you taken one apart? Have you taken a Glock apart? There's way more small pieces in the M&P and it's not as easy to detail strip or assemble. There's no debate about this.

                      It takes all of about 4 minutes to strip that M&P pistol down to a pile of parts and a frame. I've never stripped a Glock down, is it that much faster?
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Shenaniguns
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 6158

                        Originally posted by guns4life
                        It takes all of about 4 minutes to strip that M&P pistol down to a pile of parts and a frame. I've never stripped a Glock down, is it that much faster?

                        Maybe a minute or so... And maybe two to assemble.
                        My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          res2580
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 1077

                          Hope this will help a little.
                          sigpic
                          :gunsmilie:Rod S.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Scorpiusdeus
                            Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 332

                            I'm a longtime Sig Fanboy, but own guns of various manufacture. I've long wished I could like Glocks as they are very affordable and as others have said, tons of aftermarket support.

                            That having been said I just don't shoot the Glock well and I HATE the way it feels in my hand when I shoot it.

                            I bought my first M&P used from a buddy and I've been in love with them ever since. As accurate as any Sig I own, easy to take down and clean, feels great to hold and shoot, and it has less felt recoil than most other handguns in .40 S&W IMHO.

                            I've only shot one Glock that I shot we with, BUT it was still uncomfortable in my hand.

                            NOW all of this is subjective and guns are a very personal preference. I say shoot them both and then decide, what I like or prefer very well may not work best for you.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              locosway
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 11346

                              Rent them both and see which one shoots better for you. As much as I love a Glock, I prefer my Sig over it.

                              However, a Glock is something everyone should have if there was a SHTF scenario. Not a lot of parts in the gun, super easy to work on, and you can use parts from other models/calibers if yours breaks.
                              OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
                              NRA Certified Instructor
                              CA DOJ Certified Instructor
                              Glock Certified Armorer

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                sd_shooter
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 14282

                                Originally posted by Fobjoe
                                If you don't plan on putting in apex parts, the stock trigger pull on the M&P may not be your cup of tea. I like the small backstrap on the m&p and also little things like the maximized sight radius. I also prefer the prominent beavertail of the M&P and the option of the thumbsafety (out of state) to give it 1911-esque ergos. I'm not a fan of mag disconnect models and that's another minor hassle unless you like tinkering to remove it.
                                It's easy to remove, and indeed you really must remove it if you plan to dry fire at all. Many HOWTO documents and videos available. Took me about 15 minutes including the time spent finding a suitable spring in my parts bin. And it's completely reversible.

                                Originally posted by Shenaniguns
                                Umm, have you taken one apart? Have you taken a Glock apart? There's way more small pieces in the M&P and it's not as easy to detail strip or assemble. There's no debate about this.
                                *Ahem* I respectfully disagree. They are about the same in terms of disassembly although Glock does have fewer parts. The M&P even comes with the frame tool built in to the grip! What are you going to use on the Glock if you're out in the field?

                                Both are much easier than something like a CZ75.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1