Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

S&W M&P's

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    AVgunGUY
    Member
    CGN Contributor
    • Nov 2009
    • 133

    Originally posted by downfall
    After 100 rounds the M&P is back at S&W for fixes.
    What for? Just curious as I've blown through 1Ks of rounds and haven't seen any problems.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #32
      chesterthehero
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2010
      • 2070

      Originally posted by ANDREWMENDEZ
      Your Dros'ed a gun...only to resell it? I find that kinda hard to believe. Maybe I am missing something. Why did you buy it, if you can't shoot with it? Ten yards is pretty close, maybe its you...not the gun?

      i won the m&p in a raffle.. the ffl that was doing the transaction wasnt able to wrap his head around the idea that i wanted something else.. so insted of ticking the guy off i just went with it.. the guy has a rep of being a real prick for no reason..
      as for the 10 yards thing.. im not missing the target or anything that drastic i just have no consistency.. the gun just feels wrong in my hand no matter what backstrap i put on it...
      Boy the way Glen Miller played, songs that made the hit parade, guys like us we had it made, those were the days, and you know where you were then, girls were girls and men were men, mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again, didn't need no welfare states everybody pulled his weight, gee our old Lasalle ran great, those were the days!

      who wants a fishtank?

      Comment

      • #33
        scootle
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Oct 2010
        • 2702

        Originally posted by AVgunGUY
        I have both the 9 and the 45 - I've put a lot of rounds through and never 'felt' the smoothing. I did the Apex conversions on both and it made a 1,000% difference. I would have to say that one goes with the other.
        I think the trigger feel does change over time. My new M&P9 compared to the rental one that has (presumably) had 1000s of rounds through it definitely feels different. The new trigger takes up, then hits a definite hard spot before it breaks. The rental gun was a lot mushier I think. I'd have to test them side by side again to be sure, but they are definitely different.
        SCC CCW *326 Days, $1051.29*
        Application: 2/27/2023 ($72.33)
        Original Interview: 12/21@1030|Actual: 4/13@0900
        'Informal" email Background complete: 9/19
        Email to schedule Psych: 10/27@1539 ($150)
        Psych Test: 11/3@0800|Psych Interview: 11/9@0900 (Dr.McKenzie)
        LiveScan: 11/9 (UPS Store $93+$25)|Livescan cleared: CA/FBI 11/9, Firearms 11/20
        LiveScan Email: 11/17@0842
        Training Email: 11/29@1007|Instructor: 1/10/2024 SaberTactics ($399+40)|Docs: 1/12
        Approval: 1/17@1346 ($264+$7.96)|Pickup: 1/19@1030

        Comment

        • #34
          red_eyez
          Member
          • Oct 2010
          • 252

          Wanna trade for my SP2022 40s&w?

          Comment

          • #35
            FieldsofFire
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 1879

            I like them. A good competitor for a Glock or XD, by an American company. Which one you like best is just based on your feel so get out and shoot them all.

            Comment

            • #36
              DasBoost
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 1811

              I've had my M&P45FS and love it. Just under 1K rnds and no FTF, FTEs. Love mine!
              Originally posted by shakes88
              I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this thread
              REDACTED

              Comment

              • #37
                downfall
                Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 262

                The Sins that sent my MP45 back to its maker, high spot on the trigger that manifested itself after about 50 rounds, rust on the slide which I discovered during cleaning after the first range trip, take down lever that would not stay put.

                If this was an old School SIG or a Glock I would be wondering what happened, but with an S&W I figure this is a part of the ride. So, tell me of this Apex I hear about

                Comment

                • #38
                  orangeglo
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 5818

                  Originally posted by downfall
                  So, tell me of this Apex I hear about
                  So you know how the trigger on that M&P 45 was horribad?

                  Apex dcaek makes it better. It is a reasonably priced upgrade that installs pretty easy for anyone with the proper tools and fair mechanical inclination.

                  You will usually get a cleaner break, less overtravel and a more positive trigger reset. It made me love my M&P45 instead of just liking it.

                  There are other parts like the RAM and extractor that I do not have. So I can not comment on those.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    downfall
                    Member
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 262

                    I will have to take look at that after my M&P is excorcised and returned. Thanks

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Shenaniguns
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 6158

                      Originally posted by orangeglo
                      So you know how the trigger on that M&P 45 was horribad?

                      Apex dcaek makes it better. It is a reasonably priced upgrade that installs pretty easy for anyone with the proper tools and fair mechanical inclination.

                      You will usually get a cleaner break, less overtravel and a more positive trigger reset. It made me love my M&P45 instead of just liking it.

                      There are other parts like the RAM and extractor that I do not have. So I can not comment on those.

                      I have all of that with it installed by Apex, commentary and my review is here:


                      My nearly identical compact is there now getting everything but the stippling I got from www.brokenarrowtactical.com which I just may do down the line
                      My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        AVgunGUY
                        Member
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 133

                        Originally posted by scootle
                        I think the trigger feel does change over time. My new M&P9 compared to the rental one that has (presumably) had 1000s of rounds through it definitely feels different. The new trigger takes up, then hits a definite hard spot before it breaks. The rental gun was a lot mushier I think. I'd have to test them side by side again to be sure, but they are definitely different.
                        You're probably right - The improvement one round at a time just isn't noticeable. Once i did the upgrade it was still very noticeable.

                        Originally posted by downfall
                        So, tell me of this Apex I hear about
                        There a several parts to the upgrade, but the two that seem to make the biggest difference is the plunger safety which on the original had a very firm spring and a plunger top that had a near 90 degree cut right at the edge. The upgrade has a softer spring (making the plunger ride up easier) and a top that looks more like a mushroom (so that the trigger bar slides unnoticeably across it.

                        The second item is the sear itself - i notice that the original has a very rounded bottom which requires the trigger bar to apply a lot of pressure to get the sear to move up - in other words for each little movement up there is a little movement back. I noticed on the upgrade the sear has a more flattened ramp which allows for small movements up with longer travel back - it results in not 'feeling' the trigger clunking along.

                        Sorry for the completely untechnical description - one day I'll learn all the part names. Having said that, i was able to do the upgrades myself without knowing all the names - just a little youtube, a punch and a bunch of patience to get that little sear spring back in the little hole (the most difficult part of the job).

                        Worth doing - i think it's a DIY job.
                        Μολὼν λαβέ
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          AVgunGUY
                          Member
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 133

                          Originally posted by orangeglo
                          There are other parts like the RAM and extractor that I do not have. So I can not comment on those.
                          I'm going to install the RAM after the holidays... The extractor looks more challenging for a DIY project - the roll pin looks like it is designed to ensure that you scratch the slide in the process of trying to beat it out.
                          Μολὼν λαβέ
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Striker
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 750

                            Originally posted by sd_shooter
                            How is the M&P9 vs the M&P45?

                            I'm DROSing the 45 tomorrow as soon as my gun shop opens Got it from Bud's so I haven't even fondled it yet
                            Actually shot both the 9mm and the 45 a couple of hours ago. My personal observations are pretty much the same as most everyone else. The 9mm is combat accurate and easy to handle. The 45 is very accurate, more accurate than the 9mm version. Both guns had terrible triggers on them. The glock trigger is by far better and I'm not all that fond of that trigger either. If you just bought the 45, have BTC or someone work on the trigger and get a grip sleeve or get a stippling job done on the grip. You might like the grip fine, but I found it to be a bit too slippery. Once you do those things, great gun. The ones I shot didn't have any miscues, both seemed reliable. Congrats, nice purchase.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1